You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Suarez go to Old Trafford?

Gym Beglin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zigackly? Fuck the media indeed or as you put it? "The day we play our game to suit them is" Quite Clearly? The Very day we hire an owl faced, utterly unsuited, completely pathetic excuse for a former Switzerland manager who nevertheless recieves high praise from the LMA & thinks he's something in coaching circles while said media agree with him & more or less ignore those fans who watch the disaster he inflicts on an old, venerable & poweful English club week in, week out because "Englishmen getting chances at the Biggest Clubs" is their Sacred Cow/All Consuming Agenda.

Or to put it more succinctly? The day we play the media's game & tailor our Every move to suit them? Is of course the day we hire Roy Hodgson & the footballing savvy, wise, knowledgeable people at the top of our club would Never pull such a self defeating, take a shotgun to your own foot, stand on your own landmine, unpin a grenade indoors fucking suicidal type of move - It would be just comple........Ah, oh dear. Think We've Had such day no? The disastrous tenure of Woyston Hodgson LMA star manager & Englishman Abroad Extrodinaire shows just Why they should be ignored & after That debacle? They've no right to ever complain about being frozen out/ignored at Anfield. Not now, not Ever..............

@Newport, I think he can provide a good platform for our counter attacks. Fact is the ball travels faster than any person does, so if we can hit Carroll with some long balls then that gives the likes of Suarez, Kuyt & Gerrard the chance to get forward and counter attack. Plus he'll always be there to hold the ball up and help relieve some of the inevitable pressure on our defence.

The problem is he can hardly ever hold the ball. He's much better when he's in the box where he can attack crosses. What we could do is give him some kind of free role where his only job is to get in there, but that won't be a good tactic for an away game at their place. That's why I'd rather see him come off the bench if necessary.

I agree with Il fenomeno; If you ask me? We should use Carroll & His new found magnetism for the ball to hold play up & bring others forward much as Crouch once did for us & have Suarez/Bellamy & Gerrard Playing off of him. I know you think Andy Can't hold the ball up Newport but? When he's in the mood he can & he caused their defence severe difficulties in the FA Cup the other week. That's how we should do it perhaps with regarding to the Team setup; Maybe, start with Bellamy on the bench & bring him on when Suarez is tired/on a card if you ask me. Craig? Is the One player in our squad who can deputise for Suarez & give us similar ability, skill & chances to utterly terrify opposing defences upfront. The system worked well at Wolves & City recently & even showed signs of maybe long term helping us find a way to solve our home woes last night so why change it? I think the Manc's have had enough problems defending recently? That if we Really get at them with a system we trust & players like a settled & effective Carroll & Suarez or Bellamy? We might just do some Proper damage to the shambles that currently passes for their 'defence'. Anyway - That's how I see it. I think we should Bed the system in as we once did the 4-3-2-1 under Rafa' & get it working down pat this year then Next term? If not this time out in the cups? We'll reap the rewards & then some................

NB Il Fenomeno? Not necessarily re the sit back & soak it up approach at OT - Do That? & We will lose as we could of done in the FA Cup of late v them - Why not go there & attack Them? It's not like they've been anything like secure at the back recently & they have Far more to lose as one more fuck up in the league? And they're gone as far as the title's concerned if they're not already. We should use that & prey on them. I think If we go & attack them? We Will win - Then again our defence is good enough that if we go & sit back whilst cutting them up on the counterattack? We still might win. I'm not bothered about this game that much for some reason & that Is weird when it comes to playing There - Just shows How they've fallen. There's nothing to be afraid on Saturday to put it shortly & what's more? Kenny Knows this.............

Edited by Redshadow

It's hardly the most intimidating place - What's the worst that can happen - get prawn sandwiched to death?

Ha ha very good

I can't believe this is even being brought into question, he's from South America for fucks sake, where they set off petrol bombs in the crowds, he probably laughs at us silly english with our pantomime booing claiming its a 'hostile' atmosphere.

For me, the issue is one of probability and the pressure.

He'll have cameras in his face from the moment he steps off the bus, and it'll be full-on from then until the time he leaves.

The media will hound him, push him. The United players will also be told to push him, and they'll undoubtedly be allowed a nasty challenge here and there and get away with it. Again, this will rile him. Allied to that, the crowd will be saying every nasty, spiteful, hateful racist thing to him in an attempt to get him to bite.

Again, look at yesterday, already the media are stirring it up and getting the referees attention over that kick on Parker. The weight of expectation is such that the ref will have an itchy trigger finger for a red where Suarez is concerned, because he's a racist wrong'un. If you don't think so, then I'll remind you of Balotelli and how fate, mixed with pressure and media attention, can lead to red cards out of nothing.

On top of all this, he's missed 9 games and isn't the sharpest, and there's big pressure on him to get it right, and I don't think there should be. It's a cunt of a match to come back to, and one that doesn't really matter if you look at the big picture. This won't decide if we get 4th place, it'll be all the other shitty little games that will.

We can really do with keeping him on the pitch for the rest of the season, and not missing another 3 games, or more, which I really wouldn't put past the FA as a sort of sliding scale taking into account his other issues this season.

Why risk it? Why give the media their big day out? Fuck them, let the lad stay at home and watch it on the telly. Get the Mancs all riled up and then deflate them by not naming him in the squad. That'd fuck them up.

To be fair the united game is the sort of game Dirk thrives on, i would play him without a second thought.

Can kind of see where the OP is coming from though, have a really bad feeling about next week.

This. Kuyt might be getting over the hill, but his experience and ability to pop up with a match winner is vital in these sort of games.

As for Suarez, whereas Evra bottled it at Anfield, I'd expect Suarez to thrive on the atmosphere. He got a good half hour out of his system last night, and while he was clearly chomping at the bit and over eager (see his kung-fu on Parker!), he'll be ready come Saturday. That said, I rightfully expect him to start on the bench with the same attack as last night. I think Hendo should probably come back in, we need his legs in midfield. Spearing did himself no harm last night though, I thought it was another understated display by the wee guy.

This. Kuyt might be getting over the hill, but his experience and ability to pop up with a match winner is vital in these sort of games.

As for Suarez, whereas Evra bottled it at Anfield, I'd expect Suarez to thrive on the atmosphere. He got a good half hour out of his system last night, and while he was clearly chomping at the bit and over eager (see his kung-fu on Parker!), he'll be ready come Saturday. That said, I rightfully expect him to start on the bench with the same attack as last night. I think Hendo should probably come back in, we need his legs in midfield. Spearing did himself no harm last night though, I thought it was another understated display by the wee guy.

I don't think Evra did bottle it at Anfield, every game I've seen him this season he has been utter shite

Yes.

It's a football match that we want to win, so I'd be very keen on playing our best players.

Aye, it's whether he's match fit though, going there a yard off the pace with cunts like Ferdinand kicking shit out of him for the pleasure of the prawn sandwich brigade wouldn't be much cop either.

IF Suarez got straight red-carded at United, bear in mind that he'd miss the Brighton 5th round Cup game, he'd miss the Carling Cup Final, and he'd miss the home game with Arsenal.

Also bear in mind if Suarez gets kicked to fuck and picks up a shitty injury.

I'd rather win those three games than win this one, or labour to a draw with 10 men, or an injured Suarez.

Fuck it, fuck them, I'd take a loss at Old Trafford and pick up two trophies, if that was a deal on the table. Just face it, we're on to a loser against United. The media, the FA, the PFA, the referees, the lot of them, they are all pulling for a United win and for Evra to triumph over 'evil'. There's not a chance in hell we're leaving there with 3 points, by hook or by crook, I'll tell you that for free.

In fact, rest Suarez, rest Enrique, rest Agger, rest Johnson, rest Gerrard, rest Pepe. Fuck the FA and fuck United and fuck Sky, who will be whoring this game across the world but at the same time digging the fuck out of us and Suarez and Kenny.

IF any one of our players got straight red-carded at United, bear in mind that they'd miss the Brighton 5th round Cup game, they'd miss the Carling Cup Final, and they'd miss the home game with Arsenal.

When you adjust the wording slightly, does it make things any less valid?