You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Get a fucking grip, LFD.

What did you expect before the game? Three? Four? Maybe Skrtel to backheel one in after after he's danced through their entire side and pulled down Joe Hart's pants down in the process?

Gerrard was spot on in the post match interview. You go to places like City and you've got to be able to do the dirty stuff well and we did it very well tonight. An excellent tactical display and one in the eye for those who think Kenny's some kind of tactical dinosaur. That's about as one-sided a 1-0 win as you'll ever see. Every man did his job superbly out there tonight and it can be summed up with the fact that it's a struggle to think of a single clear cut chance City had.

If you're moaning about that, I'd have loved to have heard your take on our display against Barcelona in the Nou Camp back in 2001.

The tie's by no means over, but that's a hell of a shot in the arm for us going into the second leg.

Of course you are right,it was a good result/performance against a good side,albeit missing a few great players.I am proud of the performance.I honestly couldnt see City scoring tonight.I think to compare it to our performance against Barca is stretching it though mate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should I?

I have an opinion and can argue why I think I'm right. You just neg and insult when you disagree.

Bellwhiffs like you are the reason some really decent posters stay away from the FF and the reason there was a need for a MF. Your "opinion" is of less value than the steam off my piss. We've just won a game with an outstanding second half defensive masterclass and we're clear favourites to go through. You moaning fucking tart. Take your "opininon" and ram it up your backside as we really don't care what you think.

Guest San Don
Let's hope Spearing isn't out for too long, he looked like he was going to be immense today.

Yeah, felt for spearing tonight. Seemed to be doing a robust job when his hammy went pop!

Get a fucking grip, LFD.

What did you expect before the game? Three? Four? Maybe Skrtel to backheel one in after after he's danced through their entire side and pulled down Joe Hart's pants down in the process?

Gerrard was spot on in the post match interview. You go to places like City and you've got to be able to do the dirty stuff well and we did it very well tonight. An excellent tactical display and one in the eye for those who think Kenny's some kind of tactical dinosaur. That's about as one-sided a 1-0 win as you'll ever see. Every man did his job superbly out there tonight and it can be summed up with the fact that it's a struggle to think of a single clear cut chance City had.

If you're moaning about that, I'd have loved to have heard your take on our display against Barcelona in the Nou Camp back in 2001.

The tie's by no means over, but that's a hell of a shot in the arm for us going into the second leg.

I would have taken 1-0. But I don't think they had a strong team out and I fancied our chances.

I didn't expect us to wrip them apart, bnut I also didn't expect us to play 5 at the back and Carragher in front of them. Or even worse just have Carroll isolated in the second half.

Tonight was nothing like 2001 at Nou Camp, that was a great Barca team, this was not a strong City team tonight and we showed that in the first half. I just thought we were too cautious in the second half and it could have cost us, luckily it didn't.

Yes I think it was our third worst performance of the seaosn, behind Spurs (a) and losing to City 3-0 the other day.

First 20 minutes we played quite well. But after that our passing was poor, we made mistakes which could have got punished and we were luckily Man City were missing Toure, Silva, Kompany as we could have got punished.

Stop throwing out insults, it doesn't justify your point - you just look rude and ignorant.

You dont seem to grasp some things, like when City moved an extra man into midfield, which changed the shape of their team and their tactics, and how that affected us and our approach. Aswell as the concept of 2 legged ties. We had taken the lead in the first leg away from home, absolutely no pressure to score another goal, happy to defend that lead. Hell, im sure the team had been delighted with a draw here. No, the counter attack didnt work well for us today, but we had no pressure on us to score another, and City hardly troubled us apart from some fluke's. Enjoy the win instead of trying to fault the team for a disciplined performance.

Bellwhiffs like you are the reason some really decent posters stay away from the FF and the reason there was a need for a MF. Your "opinion" is of less value than the steam off my piss. We've just won a game with an outstanding second half defensive masterclass and we're clear favourites to go through. You moaning fucking tart. Take your "opininon" and ram it up your backside as we really don't care what you think.

You really need to learn some manners

You dont seem to grasp some things, like when City moved an extra man into midfield, which changed the shape of their team and their tactics, and how that affected us and our approach. Aswell as the concept of 2 legged ties. We had taken the lead in the first leg away from home, absolutely no pressure to score another goal, happy to defend that lead. Hell, im sure the team had been delighted with a draw here. No, the counter attack didnt work well for us today, but we had no pressure on us to score another, and City hardly troubled us apart from some fluke's. Enjoy the win instead of trying to fault the team for a disciplined performance.

I grasped those things.

I am also enjoying the result, but I don't think we played well.

We defended well, but we didn't play well overall.

Guest ShoePiss
Of course you are right,it was a good result/performance against a good side,albeit missing a few great players.I am proud of the performance.I honestly couldnt see City scoring tonight.I think to compare it to our performance against Barca is stretching it though mate.

Not really, I was at that game and we were incredibly negative but got the result we wanted. We did the job. Barcelona in 2001 weren't the same team they were in 2007 or today.

Guest ShoePiss

Lurtzy mate, take your MF shite back there instead of making the FF worse.

Not really, I was at that game and we were incredibly negative but got the result we wanted. We did the job. Barcelona in 2001 weren't the same team they were in 2007 or today.

They had Eto'o, Messi, Ronaldinho, Xavi... they were a bloody good team and we hit them on the break brilliantly that night.

There was no chance we were going to hit City on the break in the second half tonight.

The point I was trying to make about that Barca, game, mate was that we did what we had to do then, just as we did tonight. We had a gameplan, we stuck with it and we got a great result.

If City nicked a goal or two at the end, then people would be justified in criticising Kenny for moving to a flat back God knows how many, but he got it spot on tonight. I'm just sick of reading on here about certain people regarding him as a dinosaur when there have been plenty of occasions this season and the back end of last when he proved that to be absolute tosh.

Like I said, it's by no means over, but I would have bitten your hand off for 1-0 before the game, especially as I had the butterflies like God knows what before the game. I honestly can't remember the last time I was so nervous going into a match.

Need a great atmosphere at Anfield two weeks tonight to blow them away once and for all to get us on the way to Wembley. I think it's fair to say that we'll definitely have a more positive outlook that night.

I was referring to the stakes ,i.e the competition rather than the opposition.

I get your point though.

Guest ShoePiss
They had Eto'o, Messi, Ronaldinho, Xavi... they were a bloody good team and we hit them on the break brilliantly that night.

There was no chance we were going to hit City on the break in the second half tonight.

No they didn't. I was at the 2007 game in Barcelona too. He's on about the 2001 semi of the UEFA cup. They had Rivaldo amongst others (met him in a restaurant in Port Olympic!).

I'd have bitten your arm off for a one nil win before kick off, i can't believe some of the negativity.

So we shut up shop, so what. I'm fed up of drawn or lost games where we console ourselves with saying we were the better team with more possession and chances. It counts for sweet F A, i'd take an ugly win any day, and on the balance of both halves we still deserved it.

Another game to sharpen Gerrard in the bag, another game gone from Suarez's ban, a win over the league leaders and one foot in our first final in years. Whose glass isn't half full?

The abuse LFD is getting is completely unacceptable. I don't care if you don't agree with him. You can argue your point with him or stick him on ignore, makes no odds to me, but he doesn't insult anybody and is entitled to his opinion. The name calling is unnecessary.

If he bothers you to the point that you feel you have to insult him, then stick him on ignore, it's not difficult.

Very happy with that. As many people have mentioned it was very much like the sort of performance that has served us so well in big European games over the years. It was spectacular but it didn't have to be. First half was excellent and we were by far the better team. Second half was just constant possession and pressure fo City but it was a bit like last week when I thought we could play all night and not score but this time I got the feeling they could play all night and not score. Only downside was the injury for Spearing. He doesn't seem to have much luck does he? Every time it looks like he might get a run of games in the team something seems to stop him. First that unbelievable red card at Fulham and now this. Everyone did a good job. Thought Gerrard and Agger stood out in particular.

No they didn't. I was at the 2007 game in Barcelona too. He's on about the 2001 semi of the UEFA cup. They had Rivaldo amongst others (met him in a restaurant in Port Olympic!).

Oh sorry, getting my years mixed up.

2001 - yes that wasn't a great Barca team, but then we had Houiller as our manager- he was cautious wasn't he.

But the difference was we'd have an Owen upfront then who could hurt teams on the break. Or we had Torres with Benitez. Carroll tonight was never going to hurt City on the break, Bellamy could have... but he was having to defend most of the time and when the ball did get to Carroll, the odd time he kept it - he was isolated.

I don't mind defending deep and hitting teams on the break, but you have to pick the right players to do it, Carroll is never going to do that job. It was just Carroll's fault though, we couldn't string two passes together in the second half. If you have someone like Carroll upfront you have to keep the ball if you aren't going to break on the counter attack, we could do neither.

Thought we defended really well today, looked great for the first 35 minutes and then after that we just sort of decided to shut up shop really. Thought we left Carroll too isolated and there was another goal in that for us if we wanted it.

However, 1-0 up with the second leg at Anfield on a special cup tie night? I'd have taken that all day long.

Behave. I'm sick of reading shite like his posts on here. The bloke is a moaning buffoon.

Put him on ignore then. Same goes for the others who resorted to insulting him because they don't agree with his opinion.

He doesn't deliberately try to wind people up, he doesn't insult people, so if you can't respond to his opinions without calling him a bellend, cunt or whatever, don't respond at all.

The abuse LFD is getting is completely unacceptable. I don't care if you don't agree with him. You can argue your point with him or stick him on ignore, makes no odds to me, but he doesn't insult anybody and is entitled to his opinion. The name calling is unnecessary.

If he bothers you to the point that you feel you have to insult him, then stick him on ignore, it's not difficult.

Already done.