You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure to be honest.

The reason I made one is that some boxing fans hate mma and that alot of fight clash.

I often end up recording one and watching the other as I'm sure a couple of others do,don't want to be catching results before we get the chance to see it.

The appropriate bum has been found, fear not:

BBC Sport - Nathan Cleverly to face Tommy Karpency in Cardiff

Nathan Cleverly is to defend his WBO inter-continental light heavyweight title against Tommy Karpency on his Welsh 'homecoming' on 25 February.

Cleverly's fight with the 25-year-old American in Cardiff will be the first time that he has defended his WBO title in his native Wales.

Cleverly's promoter Frank Warren gave WBA champ Beibut Shumenov and WBC champ Bernard Hopkins a unification shot.

But Shumenov "would not be ready" and Hopkins has his Chad Dawson rematch.

"Karpency looks like a tough fighter," said Cleverly.

"He took Karo Murat the distance last year and Murat gave me a hard fight."

Having defeated Aleksy Kuziemski and Tony Bellew, the 24-year-old Welshman's third title defence at the Motorpoint Arena will be his first fight in Wales since beating Joey Vegas on points in November 2007.

That was on the undercard of Joe Calzaghe's win over Mikkel Kessler and, since then, Cleverly has fought in London, Liverpool, Las Vegas and Swindon - but he is now looking forward to his sixth bout in the Welsh capital.

"This is my first fight in Cardiff for a long time," said Cleverly. "I'm looking forward to putting on a good show for my fans against Karpency.

"My return has created a big interest in Wales and it's going to be a fantastic welcome home on 25 February at the Motorpoint Arena.

"I've trained over Christmas and I'm in great shape already and we're still over seven weeks away from the fight, so I'll be spot on come fight night.

"I've got big plans for this year that I hope will include a unification fight, so I've got to keep busy and beat Karpency in style."

NATHAN CLEVERLY'S RECORD

Continue reading the main story

Fights: 23

Wins: 23

Wins by KO: 11

Karpency, ranked number 11 by the World Boxing Association, has 21 wins from 24 fights, including 14 knock-outs.

But the Pennsylvania fighter lost to Murat for the WBO inter-continental light heavyweight belt in May 2010 and has fought just once since, a first round knockout of journeyman Andre Hemphill in February 2011.

Warren confirmed his offer to Cleverly of a clash with Shumenov and American great Hopkins in a press release issued on Tuesday.

"An offer went to WBA title-holder Beibut Shumenov to face Cleverly," said the Warren statement. "But he said he would not be ready in time, although it could happen later this year.

"WBC champion Bernard Hopkins was also sent an offer, but Hopkins has a forthcoming rematch with Chad Dawson."

The Welshman insists that a clash with one of the division's "big boys" will not happen until the end of 2012.

"Hopefully I'll get to the big unification fights towards the end of 2012 against the likes of Hopkins and Dawson," added Cleverly. "That's my goal. They are massive names in the division."

March homecoming for Brook | Sky Sports

Kell Brook will return to hometown Sheffield to headline a 'massive' show on March 17.

The unbeaten Yorkshireman is the welterweight division's rising star following an impressive United States debut on the undercard of Carl Froch's Super Six final in December.

And promoter Eddie Hearn has booked the Sheffield Arena for a showdown with an opponent to be named later this month.

"Kell was a big hit in America," Hearn said. "He performed well, charmed the fans and pundits and learnt so much in the process.

"Now it's time to kick on in 2012 and when we first sat down the plan was always to aim for a big showcase fight at Sheffield Arena as soon as possible."

Brook, the WBA Inter-Continental title holder, said: "This is a huge night for me - the biggest show to come to Sheffield in many years - and I'm ready to put in a devastating performance against a tough opponent."

The 25-year-old is highly ranked by all the sanctioning bodies and is as high as number two in the WBO list.

Bit untidy, much better to click the link:

Amir Khan raises fresh doubts over Lamont Peterson win | Mail Online

Amir Khan has raised fresh doubts over the validity of his clash with Lamont Peterson last month, where the Briton controversially lost his IBF and WBO light-welterweight title belts in Washington.

Khan lost a dramatic battle with Peterson on points, after he was deducted two points for pushing.

Many pundits and fans questioned the judging after the fight, and Khan lodged an appeal, which will be held later this month.

The 26-year-old has now taken to Twitter to send out a number of images of the fight. He is particularly concerned with the appearance of one man ringside.

Here is the full list of Amir Khan's Tweets sent on Thursday afternoon:

Controversial: Khan lost his clash with Peterson on points last month

'hey tweeps, i want to share with my fans the latest on the peterson fight situation, the truth is finaly coming out slowly but surely'

'i knew there was something dodgey with the scoring, forget about the fight and the ref for now, im my own biggest critic i know what'

'i done right and wrong, very close fight Peterson fought great but i still believe i won by 1 or 2 rounds, i aint whining or complaing'

'ther has been some crazy judging in 2011 n i want 2 put a stop to it'

'if I lost fair and square then fair enough I've lost n I move on, but does it really take over 10 minutes from the final bell to decide who's won? we've filed an appeal through and we should get a decision from the WBA and the IBF within the next 2 weeks'

'I'm angry as I want the rematch next to put things straight but it doesn't look like he wants it'

'watch the fight from 9.10 seconds of this video ther is a guy wearing a grey suit with a blue shirt wearing a hat'

'Sat on the main judges panel at the front on the right hand side 3rd to the end'

'No1 knows who this guy is and he is now bieng asked to move by Michael Walsh who is the main supervisor for the wba as he should be sat there'

'He now gets a chair and sits slightly infront of @OscarDeLaHoya and my father'

'At the beginning of round 2 he manages to squeeze in at the front again sat next to Michael Walsh'

'Now the IBF and the WBA have still not confirmed who this guy is till this date and what he was doing there.. Now the interesting part'

'I watched the whole fight again this time just concentrating on this guy wearing the hat, thanks to allot of friends and boxing experts who pointed this out to me'

'Now this guy doesn't do anything apart from watching the fight but that's only until round 6 when he starts to interfere!'

'From round 6 all the way through to round 12 this guy starts to interfere with what Michael Walsh is doing and they are both not watching the fight, watch the video and have a look for yourselfs'

'This is what I meant on how he was interfeering, as no one is allowed according to the rules to touch hold the scorescards or even talk to the judges n commision during the fight'

'There are 3 judges in a fight n all have different colour slips, n at the end of evry round thy get passed on to the wba ibf n dc commision'

'This pic shows here in round 6 the guy wearing the hat clearing picks up one of the judges white slips n if you watch the video slides it down and towards him'

'Another pic of the guy wearing the hat interfering different camera angle'

'And this guy doese it again at the beginning of round 7, n carries on throughout all the way to the end of the fight wtf?'

'Again in round 8 and round 9, cleary not watching the fight at all and not allowing Michael Walsh to watch too'

'This time in round 11 he's seen here clearly picking up a yellow judges slip.. Strictly againts the rules'

'I've read in some articles and people have also told me that after the fight Michael Walsh the guy in the red tie apparently said his score cards didn't match up to the others, it wasn't fair and he looked really scared and he was told to butt out and there was nothing he could do.. Since then no one has heard from him'

'I want Michael Walsh to come out and speak out about what was going on, its only right and fair to do so'

'Heres a Close up pic The question is.. Who is this guy? And what was he doing? I'm sure someone outthere knows'

Amir Khan

'watch here for yourselfs round 6-12 will be interesting if we finally get our answer'

Khan's business manager Asif Vali this evening backed up his fighter's concerns about the man's ringside actions.

'This individual came in round one, snuck in in front of myself and Amir's father, Shah, sat in and then pulled a chair straight up to the table,' Vali told Sky Sports News.

'We don't know who the official is. We've asked the question, we've written to Washington DC and we're still waiting for their response, and we've written to the IBF and they've still not responded.

'You can see clearly on the pictures that he's handling the slips in between rounds and he's talking and liaising with the WBA official.

'He identified himself as an IBF official. Now there was no seat on the top table for this individual - we already had a designated seat for an IBF official which was taken up, and we don't know who this guy is.'

Vali claimed that WBA official Welsh appeared to be 'frightened' by the presence of the individual.

'The conversation between the WBA official and this individual seems to be ongoing at all times,' he said. 'We've not heard or seen of Michael Welsh since the fight. Golden Boy Promotions [Khan's US-based promoter] have tried to get some answers from the WBA.

'He [Welsh] looked frightened, as Richard Schaefer [head of Golden Boy Promotions] had said previously within our conference call, and we just want some answers about what was he frightened for.

'It could be nothing at all, it could be very legitimate; we're just asking for the answers.

'There's obviously something wrong there. If the answers are legitimate, fine, we'll accept them. If they're not legitimate, then we hope the rematch takes place, and if the rematch takes place, all this can be squashed.

Read more: Amir Khan raises fresh doubts over Lamont Peterson win | Mail Online

As I said at the time,I thought Khan won even with the points deduction but now he is in danger of becoming a bit of a laughing stock.

He is not so good were a loss like this makes a massive difference to his overall record,such as Hagler's legitimate complaint over the Leonard fight after beating many great fighters to create that record.

Khan lost to an ordinary fighter like Breidis Prescott so a loss to someone like Petersen could be akin to a badge of honour after that.

I too suggest he focuses on the weaknesses in his boxing technique before finding a straw man to deflect his inadequacies.