You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The view from Craven Cottage

Fulham fan Matt Doherty provides the view from Craven Cottage ahead of Monday night's clash.

How are Fulham fans feeling about our visit?

I think Liverpool are in good form (nice to see you beat Chelsea twice) and whilst we're always threatening at home, our players are showing signs of fatigue. It's a small squad. I'm not optimistic.

One song we're bound to hear?

Craven Cottage is one of the quieter grounds, though there's usually a decent atmosphere at night games. You will certainly hear 'Take Me Home, Al-Fayed'.

Where can travelling fans get a pint?

Putney High Street, 3/4 mile away, has lots of pubs and takeaways.

Best and worst thing about a trip to Craven Cottage?

The best thing about a visit to Craven Cottage is watching football in such pleasant surroundings. Best appreciated at 3pm on a Saturday unfortunately. Worst thing: by South of England standards, it's bloody freezing in winter on the Putney End.

Players we should be worried about?

We haven't scored for hours so the biggest threat to you might be Mark Schwarzer.

And players you'll be worried about?

On your side I fear Suarez and Downing. We're a bit short of pace at the back. Kuyt has a habit of doing well against us.

Best way to beat Fulham?

To beat Fulham you need to put a man tight on Danny Murphy. Almost all our attacks are crafted by him. If Dan gets space, we do better.

Best and worst thing about being a Fulham fan?

Fulham is a great club with a community/family feel, we have a natural enemy to focus on, and after decades of mediocrity, we are moving steadily forwards. Worst thing: years on end of shocking away form. Successive managers and teams have been terribly unambitious away.

Prediction?

I'm optimistically predicting a 1-1 draw.

The view from Craven Cottage - Liverpool FC

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's put in Spearing ahead of Kuyt. I can see that, but I also recall how well the team worked with a three of Maxi, Suarez and Kuyt at Craven Cottage last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team that beat Chelsea 2-1 but with Henderson replacing Lucas and getting the nod ahead of Spearing.

There's a bit of extra pressure on tonight with all the rivals winning at the weekend. Fulham are very much a jackel and hyde side but their home form is normally decent. If we can get the first goal early, we should go on and win comfortably enough.

It'll be interesting to see who replaces Lucas or if we switch tactics a little. On paper this is a game that he shouldn't be too badly missed in but Murphy can do damage for them if he's not watched closely.

If we win this one, we are going to win the league. If we lose, we're getting relegated.

If we draw, then I just don't know.

I hadn't realised the significance of the game untill this post, let's all hope it's not a draw and we are left in purgatory not knowing from one day to next whether we will all still be here or not.

I hadn't realised the significance of the game untill this post, let's all hope it's not a draw and we are left in purgatory not knowing from one day to next whether we will all still be here or not.

It's a scary thought isn't it? Three points would be nice though. We could dedicate the win to the memory of Lucas.

I give us more chance of getting the points in this because its away. At home these slags would come to defend and take a point, but at the cottage they must be seen to attack - which will work to our advantage. As good as Hangeland is - he's got the mobility of a tug boat, so Suarez and Bellamy can run rings around him. Hughes is shite, so lets hope he plays. We know very well what Riise's weaknesses are.

We'll shit 'em

[YOUTUBE]NFsz446Yp80[/YOUTUBE]

Who didn't think we'd go on to win the league when this goal went in? Remember watching it in the Lighthouse in Wallasey with Jay Spearing stood in front of us, then went to the Dukes in Liscard as it was too chocker. Think I ended up sending a few chairs flying when that goal went in, mad celebrations. So bloody close that season, played some great football in the final few months.

Who didn't think we'd go on to win the league when this goal went in? Remember watching it in the Lighthouse in Wallasey with Jay Spearing stood in front of us, then went to the Dukes in Liscard as it was too chocker. Think I ended up sending a few chairs flying when that goal went in, mad celebrations. So bloody close that season, played some great football in the final few months.

Then there was this one last season:

Fulham vs. Liverpool Video Highlights & Interviews (09th May 11)

We won't talk about the one in between.

My favourite in recent years was the one in 2004 with a masterful substitute's performance from Alonso for the Sherrif.

Two nil down,

Four two up,

Igor Biscan wrapped it up,

But he didn't know what to do,

When he scored a goal,

Igor Biscan cult hero.

Edited by zigackly

[YOUTUBE]NFsz446Yp80[/YOUTUBE]

The Dukes was my local till a few months ago, I still watch a few games in there, or the Boot.