You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sut

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supers was brilliant, one of the best, I was the snes king, other essentials:

Super Mario allstars

Super Mario Kart

Killer instinct

Super ghouls and ghosts

Super Metroid, imo the best game ever released on the console.

I used to love street fighter 2 turbo aswell but now I fucking hate it.

Preferred normal Street Fighter 2. Allstars and Mario Kart were fantastic, though. Super Tennis was good for a laugh as well.

Also got it for Android, Mario kart at the lunch methinks.

Which controller do you use for Android? I have Snesoid, but the only games I've found enjoyable using the touchscreen joypad are Arkanoid, Frogger and Super Mario World. What I would do for a reliable and widely available bluetooth joypad.

Which controller do you use for Android? I have Snesoid, but the only games I've found enjoyable using the touchscreen joypad are Arkanoid, Frogger and Super Mario World. What I would do for a reliable and widely available bluetooth joypad.

I use the keypad on my phone, mapped to the which keys i fancy. I've only really used N64oid to date:

SE00200b.jpg

Debating buying one of these tho.

Welcome to Zeemote

The games for anyone who wants them !

SNES ROMS, NES ROMs, N64 ROMs, PSX ROMS, MAME ROMs, XBox 360 ROMs, Genesis ROMs, Sega Dreamcast ROMs, GBC ROMS, GBA ROMS

Emulators

The Emulator Zone - Your Source for Emulation!

Super Star Wars is fucking nails. Got it for the Wii Virtual Console and it's so difficult.

Yeah, from what I remember timing your jumps and slides were tricky, especially in the jowas sandcrawler.

"Blimey! Guv'nor, I've only gone an' blown up one of them Tie Fighters! 'Ave a butcher's!" "That's great kid! Don't get Cockney."

Super Star Wars was as Jules says totally nails.

I'd also echo Al's recommendations, especially Super Metroid. I'd also add Pilot Wings, Star Fox, Zelda (link to the past) and Roger Clements baseball on US import. But Baseball is not worth tracking down or anything.

Loved my Snes, gave mine to my nephew about 8 years ago.

I use the keypad on my phone, mapped to the which keys i fancy. I've only really used N64oid to date:

SE00200b.jpg

Debating buying one of these tho.

Welcome to Zeemote

The games for anyone who wants them !

SNES ROMS, NES ROMs, N64 ROMs, PSX ROMS, MAME ROMs, XBox 360 ROMs, Genesis ROMs, Sega Dreamcast ROMs, GBC ROMS, GBA ROMS

Emulators

The Emulator Zone - Your Source for Emulation!

Ah right, I don't have a keypad. They really should put little joypads built-in in the phone. With micro switches - old skool, innit.

Yeah, from what I remember timing your jumps and slides were tricky, especially in the jowas sandcrawler.

"Blimey! Guv'nor, I've only gone an' blown up one of them Tie Fighters! 'Ave a butcher's!" "That's great kid! Don't get Cockney."

The sandcrawler level is what I was thinking of! Fuckin' infuriating.

Guest Gucci_Ledge

i replaced mine a few years ago will a Retro Duo, plays all worldwide regions of snes and nes games. i used to have loads of Carts for it but gradually sold most of them except the best ones and downloaded alot of them on wii virtual console so no need to have the cart.

SNES was always better than the Mega Drive. all the scummy gits in school had a mega drive but the ones who knew their games had a snes. far better graphics, games, and control pad. i still remember the first christmas with it. we opened it up 3 weeks early so by the time xmas came round i had already completed super mario world about 10 times. to make sure i wasn't bored my mum went out and bought Super Mario Kart at the last minute. it was her choice too, which i still find quite funny to this day. cos what a fucking choice that was. i think i played Super Mario Kart from 6am til about midnight that day. great times.

Guest Gucci_Ledge

For me the best games on the snes are probably

-Zelda a Link to the Past, Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, Starwing/fox, Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island.

Street fighter 2 is also great, though i generally hate beat em ups now.

Edited by Gucci_Ledge

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter Killer Instinct, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and WWF Royal Rumble.Im looking into getting one of these now although i have a feeling it may be underwhelming and ruin childhood memories.

Nah it doesn't, nowadays i can do the couple of finishing moves on Mortal Kombat that i couldn't do as a kid !