You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a twatting, we're carving them up going forward and should be two up already. I just pray it doesn't end up being one of those games where we're looking back in 80 minutes and asking 'how the fuck did we not wrap that up?' Needs a bit of composure in the box and one in the back of the net to get the ball rolling.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's true, but I think with a bit of experience he can learn to be a bit more composed in front of goal. He's not a natural finisher though.

Did you watch any games from his time at Ajax? This is his first full season in the league, after a very busy off season, I think we should wait a bit before writing off his finishing ability.

Did you watch any games from his time at Ajax? This is his first full season in the league, after a very busy off season, I think we should wait a bit before writing off his finishing ability.

A different level. He'll get more chances and therefore score more. There's been nothing to suggest he's clinical in front of goal in England, but there's no shame in not being a deadeye Rush / Fowler type. He'll still score plenty.

Edited by TheDrowningMan
Offensive Grammar

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A different level. He'll get more chances and therefore score more. There's been nothing to suggest he's clinical in front of goal in England.

Your finishing ability isn't changed by where you play. The level is, but if anything he is having more opportunities. Yet again, common wisdom is taking over and, as usual, it's bollocks.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
fucking hell another chance goes begging

Goes begging? Are you lot watching the same game as me? That was a half-chance at best. It would have been a spectacular finish from there.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's a chance is it not. He had time as well.

It was a snap shot on the turn. For fuck sakes.

I'd be more worried about Downing not being able to pass 4 fucking feet.

It was a snap shot on the turn. For fuck sakes.

I'd be more worried about Downing not being able to pass 4 fucking feet.

It's a fucking chance then. He had time on the ball as well. Are you his dad.

Downing's doing what he does best.