You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm a massive fan of Henderson but ..... the fifteen minutes cameo by Shelvey was nothing short of fantastic. He actually gave the best midfield performance on the field. Telling people what to do, winning the ball back and spraying passes for fun.

One thing he had over Henderson, in lastnight's game anyway, was that he seemed to know what he was going to do with the ball as soon as he got it, whereas Henderson (not all the time) seems a little bit unsure what to do with it straight away, so he keeps it simple and plays it sideways and back.

Seems like he's a great lad to have around the place which is great to see.

Jordan Henderson reportedly played the role of Simon Cowell when England U21s staged an X-Factor night on Saturday.

According to the Daily Mail, our summer signing formed the judging panel alongside Everton's Jack Rodwell and West Ham loanee Henri Lansbury.

Clubmate Jonjo Shelvey apparently tried to impress his pal with a rendition of Suspicious Minds by Elvis - but it was Dan Gosling who stole the show with Mario's hit 'Let Me Love You'.

Afterwards the Newcastle man was full of praise for Henderson, who stayed with the U21s an extra day to be involved in the team bonding session despite being sent home to rest by gaffer Stuart Pearce.

"It was terrific of him to do that," said Gosling. "He didn't have to stick around but he is the captain and it showed how much he wanted to be around the lads.

"He loved it and wanted to be part of everything. It was a great gesture. If he'd have had the chance, I'm sure he would have loved to have played against Israel (on Monday). He is a great character and a top player."

Other notable performances included Arsenal new boy Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain covering the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune.

Henderson the new Simon Cowell - Liverpool FC

Considering the chance he didn't make the most of yesterday was him surging through and taking the ball with him I make your point a moot one.

In all seriousness when he received that ball he looked petrified and hesitant about taking it on and only did after realising it was his only option.

I think there is something there in him as a player but think that he drastically needs to improve his confidence as he looks like he thinks he's out of his depth. Once he starts to believe a bit more we may have a good player there.

i would rather we'd gone for a right winger instead of Hendo - still don't understand his acquisition when another winger would have improved the team more

Downing on left and someone like Adam Johnson on the right with Adam/Lucas and Gerrard in the middle = job done

i also believe that Kuyt should only be a squad player and that Andy Carroll needs to get more games paired with Saurez if he is going to improve

I've been a big fan of him so far and hes got bags of potential. But I found myself screaming at him on Saturday, some of his decision making was absolutely fucking atrocious.

But he wasn't alone in that respect, and hes obviously a young lad still finding his feet so hes going to have games where he will be a bit lost at times.