You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your views  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Your views

• You happy about this?
    • Disappointing?
    • Or only time will tell?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don

Dont see how I can say whether I agree with it or not when I dont know how much the fee is!

I suspect we've agreed to pay up to 20m. Would I be happy with that? Yes and no. No cos I think its way overpriced but yes cos it shows the owners will spend.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Depends what the fee is. If it's 10m, then yes. If it's 20m+ then not so great.

He'll improve the left side of the midfield though, which is nice.

This is great news, downing is a fantastic player and professional, a great passer of the ball, quick and can score a few goals. He is heading towards the peak in his career with the players around him that he will have he will be a great signing! Trust kenny, he knows exactly what he is doing!

Sky Sports are such fags there reporting the fee was 20Million? Like where the fuck did they get that info? It might have been to be fair but at the same time but there is no possible way they could have this info

Considering they only wanted 20 for him,somehow kicks that in to touch.

Also what sources because there is only lfc reporting about him,not even Villa have anything about it on there website.

According to 'reports' on the MF mate. Some posters have been nailed on with info this summer and it has been mentioned at this price.

Anyway, the price is irrelevant, its what the guy can bring to the team and he definitely improves us.

Why are people on here bothered about how much someone costs when you have no practical experience of the environment in which these deals are taking place. Do you think he is decent? Yes. Will he improve the team? Yes. End of story.

Exactly. I can't really be that bothered if we're spending a little extra to get that player that we really want. I trust Kenny and I trust Henry.