You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

H

That quote about the wall and it needing to be transparent is presumably because someone in a meeting stated that "the contracts for this will require transparency". Trump seems to have no capacity to understand metaphorical speach. He also did the same when a reporter said "President Bush said there is nowhere to hide in the Oval Office" and then started going on about how there were no corners and people could watch hom from the windows.

You never see him laugh as he dosen't really have the capacity to understand jokes. The man is crushingly thick.

He has some form of autism I'm convinced,  He is also fucking dense

Apparently he had an hour long meeting with Putin with no Americans present.

They are not even trying to hide the links now are they.

The best thing is that 40% of his supporters believe that there's been no meetings even though Junior admitted to it. When the public are that stupid you might as well carry on doing what you are.

I've lost the link I'm afraid but I read that the Russian who Trump Jnr met has just bought US$24m worth of Manhatten Real Estae. Make of that what you will.

The real story in all this isn't Trump or his family, they're a skidmark on the underpants of humanity and that's been known for years, the real story is the Republican party who are enabling and protecting him. The party of Reagan and Eissenhauer, the party of 'law and order' and the military have knowingly allowed a state of affairs where the country's mortal enemy is balls deep in its backside. It's quite astounding on every single level, I've never seen anything like it and it's another cautionary tail about capitalism - neo liberal ideals have such a stranglehold on that country that it's literally been sold off, I mean its actual patriotism, its politics and its future sold. 

• Upvote 2

The american's have always had a habit of seeing 'one of us' as a plus point for a politician. Which is bollocks - i'm not voting for me, i want someone with principles, dignity and intelligence. 

Not sure where they can go after Trump. Unless white american's just come out and say 'we don't like the blacks or the hispanic' so, we'll have Jim Crow's lad. 

The real story in all this isn't Trump or his family, they're a skidmark on the underpants of humanity and that's been known for years, the real story is the Republican party who are enabling and protecting him. The party of Reagan and Eissenhauer, the party of 'law and order' and the military have knowingly allowed a state of affairs where the country's mortal enemy is balls deep in its backside. It's quite astounding on every single level, I've never seen anything like it and it's another cautionary tail about capitalism - neo liberal ideals have such a stranglehold on that country that it's literally been sold off, I mean its actual patriotism, its politics and its future sold. 

Yep. However it also shows the gap between the President and the party politics in America. He wasn't seen as Republican in the strictest sense, and many (wrongly) thought that the Republicans would work against him. He was always a Republican - the only difference was he was the Alan B'Stard type, not the William Reese-Mogg type. 

The american's have always had a habit of seeing 'one of us' as a plus point for a politician. Which is bollocks - i'm not voting for me, i want someone with principles, dignity and intelligence. 

Not sure where they can go after Trump. Unless white american's just come out and say 'we don't like the blacks or the hispanic' so, we'll have Jim Crow's lad. 

Imagine if the country split in two, and you had Trumpville and the rest. What a horrible place to visit that'd be, somewhat lagging behind in science too I wager. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

They'll be stuck between 'The Rock' and a hard place. 

They'll be stuck between 'The Rock' and a hard place. 

On the good side, Trump has destroyed populism, I think he's the main reason Pepe Le Twat didn't get a gig in France. I also think it's the reason more people are shitting themselves over Brexit. The grass isn't greener, it's brown. 

• Upvote 2

The best thing is that 40% of his supporters believe that there's been no meetings even though Junior admitted to it. When the public are that stupid you might as well carry on doing what you are.

He can't turn back so he may as well carry on using the office of President to enrich himself,  Doesn't appear anyone is going to force him out anytime soon,  Like you say enough people believe whatever he says for him to get away with it, Watched Newsnight yesterday and they were interviewing Trump supporters, Some were outwardly normal functioning people yet they declared themselves "Trump men or women through and through",  Just what is it in the human psyche that switches off peoples brains and destroys all critical faculties even when evidence stares them in the face that this man is not fit to hold any sort of public office.?  Fucked if I know. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine if the country split in two, and you had Trumpville and the rest. What a horrible place to visit that'd be, somewhat lagging behind in science too I wager. 

Just an extended Disneyland - with mobility scooters and daily prayers! 

Very similar to UK/France in the gap between cities and countryside. 

Guest Pistonbroke

On the good side, Trump has destroyed populism, I think he's the main reason Pepe Le Twat didn't get a gig in France. I also think it's the reason more people are shitting themselves over Brexit. The grass isn't greener, it's brown. 

It's a good point Sec. If Trump hadn't won the US elections who knows how things in France may have panned out. Trumps victory was followed by the reality of it all, people tend to think and act differently when reality kicks in. 

Yes that occurred to me as well after the French election,  Holland and France had a near miss whilst we became the experiment gone wrong with Brexit,  Unfortunately its easier to elect a new government than it is to reverse the result of a flawed referendum . Had Trump come first we wouldn't have been in this mess. Another thing to thank Cameron for.

I think Macron is more akin to Cameron than he is to Blair, or Obama! France still gave Le Pen 30% of the vote - which we shouldn't forget. I think Brexit was our wake up call - seems to have energised the youngsters, who have tilted popular opinion to the left for the first time since the 70's. 

America is just a fucked up Reality TV show! They have elected a man with learning difficulties as the president of the US. 

Yes that occurred to me as well after the French election,  Holland and France had a near miss whilst we became the experiment gone wrong with Brexit,  Unfortunately its easier to elect a new government than it is to reverse the result of a flawed referendum . Had Trump come first we wouldn't have been in this mess. Another thing to thank Cameron for.

I think Trump in the White House puts a whole new hue on Brexit. Britain is a small country and we'll always have to cosy up to someone. When the Left were angling to ditch the ECC as was couple of decades back they advocated getting in deeper with the Commonwealth, and I think if it was still the Blair/Clinton or even Bush years there'd be the 'special relationship' bollocks, but we've left ourselves where our only possible 'big brother' on the world stage is run by an absolute sociopath who bears no loyalty to anyone. 

I think Trump in the White House puts a whole new hue on Brexit. Britain is a small country and we'll always have to cosy up to someone. When the Left were angling to ditch the ECC as was couple of decades back they advocated getting in deeper with the Commonwealth, and I think if it was still the Blair/Clinton or even Bush years there'd be the 'special relationship' bollocks, but we've left ourselves where our only possible 'big brother' on the world stage is run by an absolute sociopath who bears no loyalty to anyone. 

It's okay, we have Ambassador Nige to sort it out.

pastedimage-15803-390x285.png

Only if you believed the UK press. Wilders always had no chance.

I can assure you I believe little of what appears in the UK press. They generally manage to get the date right.

Complacency in regard to Fascist cunts like Wilders is not a good idea.

Selling the special US relationship with Trump at the helm is virtually  impossible . Maybot tried to rush over and suck his pecker 5 minutes after his inauguration and got ridiculed, His state visit has been kicked to the kerb and the vast majority here think at best he's a joke and at worst he's an existential threat to civilisation , If the Tories seriously try to present the new trade deal with the US as the answer to Brexit based on promises made by an imbecile on Twitter they will be torn to shreds, Even Farridge has shut up about him    

• Upvote 2

Sure I read somewhere that President Trump was partly the media's creation. Hilary's campaign actively encouraged them to cover him in the hope the rest of the Republican candidates would lurch to the right after him and then become unelectable, but it backfired big time.

Sure I read somewhere that President Trump was partly the media's creation. Hilary's campaign actively encouraged them to cover him in the hope the rest of the Republican candidates would lurch to the right after him and then become unelectable, but it backfired big time.

Yep, a fair amount of it has been a huge mess on their part.

Guest Pistonbroke

I was reading earlier that Trump has his legal team looking into the possibility of pardoning himself and his family, should the Russia probe find anything incriminating. According to the Washington Post his legal team are also collecting a dossier of alleged conflicts of interests surrounding special counsel Robert Mueller, who is heading the Russia investigation.