You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stevie and Carra on Goals on Sunday

Randy Marsh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why??
Just think his demeanor in front of the camera is very mundane. He gets away with it on Goals on Sunday because the of the requirements. Really enjoyed seeing him today.

Soccer Special is full of animated pundits like Tompson and Merson, etc who perform for the cameras. I just don't think it works for him. Mabey "had a mare" was the wrong choice of words, but I don't think it worked for him yesterday. Maybe he'll grow into the show.

Just think his demeanor in front of the camera is very mundane. He gets away with it on Goals on Sunday because the of the requirements. Really enjoyed seeing him today.

Soccer Special is full of animated pundits like Tompson and Merson' date=' etc who perform for the cameras. I just don't think it works for him. Mabey "had a mare" was the wrong choice of words, but I don't think it worked for him yesterday. Maybe he'll grow into the show.[/quote']

yes more relaxed format this AM and less ad hoc shit required, instead you have that tit off TV am asking questions - Fowler said citeh have been brilliant I really hope they win the league this year - Shepherd was like "really - do you?" sounding sruprised FFS

I saw some of Soccer Saturday yesterday and was interested that Robbie and Thommo were on together - what were the vibes like between them? as obviously they have a history of not getting on in 2001 when they were both at LFC prior to RF going to Leeds - was that still visable or were they able to play it down and come over as 'two Scousers whio both love LFC' (which is what I would have wanted to see and hear).

In the parts I watched there did not seem much interaction between them but maybe there was at the start as Robbie as a newcomer was introduced or whatever - anyone see anything?

I saw some of Soccer Saturday yesterday and was interested that Robbie and Thommo were on together - what were the vibes like between them? as obviously they have a history of not getting on in 2001 when they were both at LFC prior to RF going to Leeds - was that still visable or were they able to play it down and come over as 'two Scousers whio both love LFC' (which is what I would have wanted to see and hear).

In the parts I watched there did not seem much interaction between them but maybe there was at the start as Robbie as a newcomer was introduced or whatever - anyone see anything?

There wasnt but as been mentioned, that was probably more owing to the game Fowler covered.

None of them started that way, though.
Cant really say I know how they started, but I did say, maybe Fowler will grow into the show. That's if he's interested in it long term. He's hardly kipping in the box room at his mothers like Merson.

You've got the production gallery in one ear, the live feed in the other ear, and that idiot Stelling and his cohorts blathering away in the background. No wonder it's offputting. And they coach the regulars to attract attention by screaming and squawking when something happens (or not in the case of Merson). So Robbie did pretty well as a one-off.

• 11 months later...