You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Loves Liverpool

lucozade

Luis Suarez loving life at Liverpool FC under Kenny Dalglish

luis-suarez-307539434.jpg

LUIS SUAREZ says he is enjoying life at Liverpool under the guidance of Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish.

The Uruguayan striker has made a highly-promising start to his Reds career, having joined from Ajax in a £22.8m deal at the end of January.

A debut goal against Stoke City was followed by a Man of the Match display against Manchester United eleven days ago.

Dalglish has been effusive in his praise for the 24-year-old's attitude and work-ethic since his arrival, and Suarez, who is ineligible to play against Braga tonight, says the respect is mutual.

"Having a manager like Kenny Dalglish is really great for me," he said.

"He is a person of great history and importance at the club. He's one of the best players the club has ever had and now he's correcting me and training me.

I think it's really great for me to work with a legend such as Kenny and I have enjoyed it so far."

Suarez's performances since his switch to Merseyside have taken on extra significance in the wake of Fernando Torres' acrimonious £50m departure to Chelsea on transfer deadline day. As the Uruguyan has shone at Anfield, Torres has found life tough at Stamford Bridge, and has failed to score in his first six outings for his new club.

Suarez, though, admits he arrived at Anfield expecting to be a partner to, rather than a replacement for, the Spaniard.

"Yes, it's true I expected to play with Fernando," Suarez said.

Fernando is a very good player. He's got great quality and it would have been nice to play with him.

"It's a shame that he's gone as he is an excellent player and has great qualities. But at the same time there are many other great players at Liverpool.

"When one top player goes, perhaps another great player comes in."

That other great player could well be fellow new signing Andy Carroll, who is set to take another step closer to full fitness against Sporting Braga in the Europa League at Anfield tonight.

At £35m, Carroll became the most expensive British player of all-time when he joined from Newcastle on the same day as Torres departed, and Suarez admits he is looking forward to forging a partnership with the Geordie striker.

"Carroll and Torres are very different players," he said. "Andy has had an injury and he's just starting to come back into the game. They have different qualities and ways of playing the game, so you can't really make comparisons.

"They have different styles - one might be better at one thing and the other better at something else.

"Andy is a big, strong player with many qualities and it will be exciting to play with him."

Luis Suarez loving life at Liverpool FC under Kenny Dalglish - News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Thank God for that. I was worried he was going to do a piece in the press saying he hates it here.

I thought it was interesting that he expected to play with Torres - as plenty of the 'intelligensia' on here hypothesised otherwise.

I also thought it was interesting that he says he is being trained by Kenny because it is routinely suggested that Kenny has little to with actual training.

If so much absolute shit wasn't posted by so many no-nothings on this site it wouldn't make puff pieces seem like pieces of great substance I guess.... just a thought.

I do think Luis is an amazing player and his contribution so far has been superb but Torres said he loved Liverpool too.

Not interested in this 'I love playing for X, and the fans are amazing and the city is great' anymore - as far as I am concerned, a footballer is a mercenary whore until they individually prove otherwise.

I thought it was interesting that he expected to play with Torres - as plenty of the 'intelligensia' on here hypothesised otherwise.

I also thought it was interesting that he says he is being trained by Kenny because it is routinely suggested that Kenny has little to with actual training.

If so much absolute shit wasn't posted by so many no-nothings on this site it wouldn't make puff pieces seem like pieces of great substance I guess.... just a thought.

Torres and Suarez share agents, and with all that Torres has said since he left, you'd have to question why his agent didn't tell him, rather than blaming forum speculation.

Would it be better if nobody posted anything other than comments about things we know to be facts?

In your world - there is a time and place for speculation, but just not on the internets.

Torres and Suarez share agents, and with all that Torres has said since he left, you'd have to question why his agent didn't tell him, rather than blaming forum speculation.

Would it be better if nobody posted anything other than comments about things we know to be facts?

In your world - there is a time and place for speculation, but just not on the internets.

I don't think they do, I'm sure this was mentioned at the time and it was refuted.

I was only having a little joke at footballers telling fans how happy they are.

Jezzzz.....