You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great Fight Thread

Lee909

Thriller in Manilla

[YOUTUBE]D_y7FiCryb8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QpYsvh5QqQk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Tq7SNI2PEcI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TJB0R-4V5DI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3Ybj0XyZiug[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yRth-5w0Lt8[/YOUTUBE]

David Tua Vs Ike Ibeabuchi

[YOUTUBE]01CCklta81g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4eZj_slfmWA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sIL5n54ApZg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]00w2XCSbFUg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HUV_vboBVZI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]inJdbFqW9gY[/YOUTUBE]

The war

[YOUTUBE]qHqEUX2Vw6k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EJLmjsnD09w[/YOUTUBE]

Hitman vs Sugar Ray

[YOUTUBE]mhX72YHFGFs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5eO2NXzQuc8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UtRGu4pLeBc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xeh-Tplg_yg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7CN4QNOokjI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zsEiC_A3A4A&[/YOUTUBE]

Ward vs Gatti

[YOUTUBE]U1UpFp-KUko&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pd5lsIpZaWc&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Xv1vTGAci0g&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pt00XNEej_Q&[/YOUTUBE]

Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales

[YOUTUBE]DjBexyCXh9Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FpLOS9aB0uU&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YYazzZEDkq0&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jafqSZ7xdOk&[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4BlTD-KFF2U&[/YOUTUBE]

Nice one Lee for getting the ball rolling. Every fight on your list is at least a 9/10 and some are 10s. Looking forward to seeing what others define as a great fight and hopefully seeing some fights I've missed.

This is one of many great Barrera fights; great sustained two-way action and is a real favourite of mine.

[YOUTUBE]Wa2_tTjeDVM[/YOUTUBE]

Unbelievable exhibition of will from Gatti. Emmanuel Steward called it the best fight he ever saw( in fairness he used to say that after a lot of Gatti fights).

[YOUTUBE]uKNizl4sIqM[/YOUTUBE]

Just great fights.

[YOUTUBE]OAc1ahm0svY&playnext=1&list=PL98D624BB09829186[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cCapKpQ8dYo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XWwNtWs7Z08[/YOUTUBE]

This is special.

[YOUTUBE]ZPA-2KUIRPY[/YOUTUBE]

The Benn-McClellen fight was imense,a real throwback to fights in the forties and fifties

Only watched that a few months ago with a mate, savage fight and showed why Benn was such a warrior. Pity it's overshadowed by the sad events at the end.

I was lucky enough to be there for the fight, my old fella took me.

The biggest shame is poor Michael Watson.

He made Benn look like a fool,I predicted he would at the time as Benn was made for him,but Eubank was just a bit too strong for Watson on the night.

I always thought Watson looked more like a light middleweight than a full blown middle.

I was young at the time but i remember he was robbed of a decision in the first fight against Eubank, he was winning the rematch as well before the tragedy.

Correct me if i'm wrong as it was years ago.

I was lucky enough to be there for the fight, my old fella took me.

The atmosphere was fantastic, must have been some buzz.

I was young at the time but i remember he was robbed of a decision in the first fight against Eubank, he was winning the rematch as well before the tragedy.

Yeah I think you are correct mate,although I believe the first fight was a lot closer than the second fight, until the knockout of course.

In work so can't see what fights have been posted so far, can't wait to watch this tomorrow.

Benn V McClellen has to be up there too. Savage fight.

Best fight I've ever seen. Benn showed ubelievable heart to come back in that fight, with tragic consequences of course, just a great fight.

[YOUTUBE]jvCHk_kKpVI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eoSEEXIe6Gg[/YOUTUBE]

Meet them halfway. A 1950's 200lbs Jack Dempsey vs a 200lb Mike Tyson. Peaks.

Cus D'Amato or not, Tyson would eat his own shit before he got in the the ring with Dempsey.

Had they met, toe to toe under those circumstances, Dempsey would have scared the life out of Tyson.

No. you're not wrong Owen, in fact you're spot on. Watson won the fight and Eubank got a 'TV contract decision'.

The biggest shame is poor Michael Watson.

He made Benn look like a fool,I predicted he would at the time as Benn was made for him,but Eubank was just a bit too strong for Watson on the night.

I always thought Watson looked more like a light middleweight than a full blown middle.

The first half of that is right mate, but the second half is wrong in my opinion.

I knew Michael from Boxing days and he was a proper Middleweight. He was a proper Middle when he fought Benn, but what took the wind out of his sails was fighting McCallum before he was ready. He took a beating a confidence dent from that. By the time he fought Eubank he was a bone fide Super Middle, he had filled out and was at his proper weight, as was Chris. Watson was the better all round fighter, but Eubank had the chin and the strength. He was a stronger super Middle than Michael.

I met Mike at a Boxing dinner a few years after the accident and he said "I know you don't I?" I had a chat with him and I've got a framed signed photo of him. A greater warrior outside the ring than inside. The recovery he has made is a testament to the character and the courage of the man. He was always a nice guy, but he is a brave bastard. I have the highest regard for Michael Watson.