You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carling Nations Cup

Jim MM

Anybody give a shit?

Republic of Ireland v Wales at the Aviva Stadium in the Carling Nations Cup (7.45pm):

Ireland: Shay Given, John O'Shea, Sean St Ledger, Richard Dunne, Ciaran Clark, Seamus Coleman, Glenn Whelan, Paul Green or Darron Gibson, Damien Duff, Jonathan Walters, Kevin Doyle.

Wales: Wayne Hennessey,Neal Eardley, James Collins, Danny Collins, Sam Ricketts, David Vaughan, Andrew Crofts, Andy King, Simon Church, Robert Earnshaw, Hal Robson-Kanu.

Personally, I'm glad to see a meaningless international friendly that might have a bit more spice than the standard meaningless international friendly and I wouldn't mind seeing the old Home Internationals develop over the next few years if Ingerlund weren't to sacred of being embarrassed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately a bit more interesting than a normal friendly match, but not that much to be honest.. But i am also from Denmark, so i have no "feelings" for the nations in the tournament. However i don't think i would find it alot more interesting if my nation was in it.

Anybody give a shit?

Republic of Ireland v Wales at the Aviva Stadium in the Carling Nations Cup (7.45pm):

Ireland: Shay Given, John O'Shea, Sean St Ledger, Richard Dunne, Ciaran Clark, Seamus Coleman, Glenn Whelan, Paul Green or Darron Gibson, Damien Duff, Jonathan Walters, Kevin Doyle.

Wales: Wayne Hennessey,Neal Eardley, James Collins, Danny Collins, Sam Ricketts, David Vaughan, Andrew Crofts, Andy King, Simon Church, Robert Earnshaw, Hal Robson-Kanu.

Personally, I'm glad to see a meaningless international friendly that might have a bit more spice than the standard meaningless international friendly and I wouldn't mind seeing the old Home Internationals develop over the next few years if Ingerlund weren't to sacred of being embarrassed.

I agree - I do follow England when they play (I realise many of my compatriots on here don't) - albeit not with the same passion as when LFC play - and I'd rather see some good old fashioned British Isles derbies as opposed to the FA whoring themselves around to play games to curry favour for a WC bid that was doomed from day one.

Go on Johnny, we've been starved of negative football for the last few weeks. It might be a good opportunity to have a moan about a game again.

But hopefully Trappattoni will see it as a chance to play a bit more constructively and not worry about results so much.

Anybody give a shit?

I am looking forward to this but a hell of a lot of players have pulled out.

Go on Johnny, we've been starved of negative football for the last few weeks. It might be a good opportunity to have a moan about a game again.

But hopefully Trappattoni will see it as a chance to play a bit more constructively and not worry about results so much.

Good point that. I’ve had to suffer through winning, and attack minded play, and enjoyable football. Sweet Jesus I’ve even found myself smiling at full time at a few games recently. And fucking away games at that!

I’m going to Lansdowne Road to get my miserable on.

Yeah, but this is one level below sunday league.

Especially the Welsh.

God bless ya Fuge, you're trying your best but no ones biting. Reel in the line and get to bed ya strap-on.

As an aside, how happy am I that I decided to jib this off? It's fucking woefull.

God bless ya Fuge, you're trying your best but no ones biting. Reel in the line and get to bed ya strap-on.

As an aside, how happy am I that I decided to jib this off? It's fucking woefull.

To be honest, I dont mind the Irish. Those scruffy, smelly welsh fucks are awful though. They all look like they have been fucked by someone call big ewan from the valleys.

My newphew is called Ewan. I feel slightly sick.

Cracker of a goal from Gibson. Thunderbolt from 25 yards.

Oh, and don't fool yourself fuge. The Irish are cunts.

Yeah but they are not as bad as the Welsh. The Welsh and the French are in a league of their own... The League of Cunts.