You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Midterm Elections

Section_31

Kicks off tonight, Democrats look like losing the house of representatives and their Senate majority is under serious threat. Obama's old seat of Illanois could go Republican, the tea party are gaining strength and Palin is looking in pole position to make a presidential run.

"Obama the angel of death" "Obama the worst president in history"

All the fucking hell Bush dragged the states into, he presided over the start of two disasterous wars and the start of the fucking credit crunch in the first place but didn't get half of the shit that Obama gets.

Tonight we learn why America is utterly fucked.

[YOUTUBE]0nIKaPhq0CI[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His race and "funny" Islamic name were never going to make him easy to warm to for America's white religious right. The fact that he hasn't cleared up the mess left by Bush and the neo-cons, the sub-prime mortgage crisis, collapse of the banks, and having to prop up the bankrupt insurance giants and America's failing car industry in two years means he is the devil incarnate.

Taxes have risen and the government has spent money to try and prevent millions being thrown on the dole and the reaction of the right is to vote for complete dickheads like Palin and O'Donnell. For such a wealthy and educated nation, America doesn't half produce morons in their absolute millions.

America has always shared paralells with Ancient Rome.

Eagle symbolism, a Senate and a 'consul/emperor' figure, militaristic tradition underpinned by religious symbolism, dominated by dynastic wealth which rules the top echelons of society, military and government. And its people considering only those within its borders to be civilised, and all without to be somehow lacking.

It's demise also echoes the fall of Rome. It has expanded its military and its influence too far, its population is racially diverse but unreconciled to one another, and in places it has become corrupt and bereft of the cultural and political dynamism it once possessed.

The Tea Party lunatics are as dangerous a group of people as there are on this planet, the combination of their supposed ignorance and their influence is evidence of that. Matt Damon had it right about Palin when he pointed out that her rise to power was like a bad Disney movie, and the soccer mom who got the whitehouse when the old president died was probably too far fetched even for Disney.

I feel sorry for the millions of intelligent US citizens who live in a nation with such a high tolerance for such base and ignorant views. The Earth is 5000 years old, Obama is a muslim and it's their constitutional right to stick rigidly to those opinions regardless of actual fact.

Depressing.

The Tea Party lunatics are as dangerous a group of people as there are on this planet, the combination of their supposed ignorance and their influence is evidence of that. Matt Damon had it right about Palin when he pointed out that her rise to power was like a bad Disney movie, and the soccer mom who got the whitehouse when the old president died was probably too far fetched even for Disney.

I feel sorry for the millions of intelligent US citizens who live in a nation with such a high tolerance for such base and ignorant views. The Earth is 5000 years old, Obama is a muslim and it's their constitutional right to stick rigidly to those opinions regardless of actual fact.

Depressing.

I don't, they deserve their fate, and a fate it will be I fear.

Where are they? What are they doing? Sat in a Grenwich Village coffee shop moaning about the fact Obama hasn't united the middle east in a rendition of 'we are the world, we are the children' when all the while some hick marches past with an 'Obama is a communist' plackard.

I don't, they deserve their fate, and a fate it will be I fear.

Where are they? What are they doing? Sat in a Grenwich Village coffee shop moaning about the fact Obama hasn't united the middle east in a rendition of 'we are the world, we are the children' when all the while some hick marches past with an 'Obama is a communist' plackard.

Jon Stewart said recently of the Democrats: "They have 50% of the votes and 3% of the power". He said that whilst castigating them for not taking the fight to the Republicans but was highlighting the location of the power (capital) in the political landscape over there. That capital also includes the church, a not insignicant player in a country where to declare yourself Atheist is to declare your political career to be retiring to its room with a bottle of sleeping pills and some vodka.

I have to know where you guys get your information from. Reading foreigners views on our political landscape cracks me up sometimes.

And Section 31, we have not realized the Rome inevitability yet, but i would say we should look to British history to try and avoid it.

I quoted an American and referred to reliable statistical figures about US views on evolution and on Obama; I don't see how that can really be defined as a foreigner's views. If you google any of the above then you'll see exactly where I get the views from, Hermano.

Depressing.

Racist.

I quoted an American and referred to reliable statistical figures about US views on evolution and on Obama; I don't see how that can really be defined as a foreigner's views. If you google any of the above then you'll see exactly where I get the views from, Hermano.

Quoted an American? Really? That was your argument?

The last i looked Obama was liked personally. But he was never going to do well as President, too much expectation, he is not the one pulling the strings, and he has never run a thing. All he did in the Senate for 4 years was vote along party lines. Historically America likes a president that has actually run something.

GWB- Guv of Texas

Clinton- Guv of Arkansas

Bush- Head of CIA

Reagan- Guv of California

Carter- Guv of Georgia

Ford- Doesn't count but was VP

Nixon- VP to Eisenhower

Johnson- VP to Kennedy

Kennedy- one of the most overrated presidents ever was a Senator

So now to Palin and O'donnell, they are a disaster. I personally think Palin is an incredible woman taking politics out of it. The best thing for the Democrats in 2012 will be Palin going for the Republican nomination. And do you think the Tea Party is that dangerous? They are a bit of a joke here, ask your American contributor. But the Dems are just as bad, look at Alvin Greene the Dems nominee for South Carolina senate.

And Faith or Atheist, i don't comment on that, as long as they don't push their views on me, that goes both ways.

My whole point, is you have no idea what the true pulse of the people here is unless you are from here, just like i don't get you guys.

That was a very good watch on Monday. It showed that some people in the tea party had fair views and where upset with the way the country was going. There were others who where right nutters including one man who wanted to see Obama birth certificate because he did not believe he was American.

One of the Republican candidates running for Senate used to be a witch too. See has lost thought.

He too is a bit of a buffoon, but have you actually ever listened to him, and not just clips? He makes good points at times and backs it up, too bad everyone focuses on how he says it. But with that said he does go reaching at times. But he has actually had people fired from the Obama administration because of what he digs up.

I have to know where you guys get your information from. Reading foreigners views on our political landscape cracks me up sometimes.

And Section 31, we have not realized the Rome inevitability yet, but i would say we should look to British history to try and avoid it.

He too is a bit of a buffoon, but have you actually ever listened to him, and not just clips? He makes good points at times and backs it up, too bad everyone focuses on how he says it. But with that said he does go reaching at times. But he has actually had people fired from the Obama administration because of what he digs up.

are we foreigners? I find that a weird thing to say but i suppose we are.

as for Beck, as I say only in america.

He'd be ripped to shreds over here but I fear we'll end up with our own Becks in a few years.

Quoted an American? Really? That was your argument?

The last i looked Obama was liked personally. But he was never going to do well as President, too much expectation, he is not the one pulling the strings, and he has never run a thing. All he did in the Senate for 4 years was vote along party lines. Historically America likes a president that has actually run something.

GWB- Guv of Texas

Clinton- Guv of Arkansas

Bush- Head of CIA

Reagan- Guv of California

Carter- Guv of Georgia

Ford- Doesn't count but was VP

Nixon- VP to Eisenhower

Johnson- VP to Kennedy

Kennedy- one of the most overrated presidents ever was a Senator

So now to Palin and O'donnell, they are a disaster. I personally think Palin is an incredible woman taking politics out of it. The best thing for the Democrats in 2012 will be Palin going for the Republican nomination. And do you think the Tea Party is that dangerous? They are a bit of a joke here, ask your American contributor. But the Dems are just as bad, look at Alvin Greene the Dems nominee for South Carolina senate.

And Faith or Atheist, i don't comment on that, as long as they don't push their views on me, that goes both ways.

My whole point, is you have no idea what the true pulse of the people here is unless you are from here, just like i don't get you guys.

You really think they're a joke? I disagree. Most Republicans I know salivate over the T.E.A. party, and embrace it as part of their WASP'y Christian way of life.

I think President Obama dallied too long on the health care plan and had that complete tool Nancy Pelosi licking his arse at every moment trying to push it through. It stalled all his momentum and now he's left with the prospect of losing the house and senate and seeing his bill delayed forever.

On a side note, is there a bigger attention whore than Palin?