You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

mostly out of date gossip

armitage

Met Purslow's brother-in-law the other week and have some mostly old gossip to report:

As we all know Kenny was up for the manager's job, and he persuaded the board to give him a go. They spent the day when they should have been considering the shortlist talking about Kenny's new stint in charge. However his missus ruled it out after last time. Otherwise the job would have been his.

The interviewed shortlist was Hodgson, Deschamps, Eriksson and another who i can't remember now. Following Kenny's withdrawal they plumped for Hodgson pretty quickly, and the others all then put out through the media that they weren't interested.

Gerrard was waiting for an offer from AC Milan, and would have gone had it come in.

More obviously, Torres would have been severely tempted to go to Barca had they come in for him. He was never interested in Chelsea or Man City though, and never once looked for a move or encouraged anyone to come in. Apparantly Purslow is in awe of his loyalty in the circumstances.

Only useful gossip is that Pienaar is coming in the next transfer window.

That is all.

Think about it...

this fella said Gerrard rang Rafa after the super cup and laughed down the phone at him - not a word spoken. He also said even Torres wasn't speaking to Rafa at the end of last season, and nor were most of the squad.

I think that's the point.

I obviously read Funkasy and Kevin D's posts diferrently to you guys.

I'd still have a ton to anyone elses quid this is complete and utter bullshit.

Just as an aside, does anyone think Gerrard would go to anyother club here or abroad where he didn't think he'd be nailed on to win the league?

And for fuck sake don't waste my time posting shit about how he'd love to win the title with Milan to spite Rafa.

He hates him, though. Benitez has been sending Gerrard picture messages in which Rafa is vigorously rubbing his hands together with the caption " They can't afford to sack me". So deranged is Rafa, that when Stevie finally managed to get Rafa's number blocked, he began sending said text to Alex's phone.

Guest ShoePiss

This is great news, Kenny not getting the job was nothing to do with the board and was simply a personal matter that made him withdraw his own application.

We can all rest easy now, thanks for the info Christian, I mean Christian's brother in law.