You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Thai Dude

Brownie

Anyone know anything about him? I said at the time Abramovich was taking over Chelsea that I wouldn't want us to sell our soul and I stand by it. Fuck investment and transfer revenue, i'd rather we were a conference side than to lose our identity.

• Upvote 1

Guest stevie b

Agee totally with Truered. There is nothing wrong with a bit of investment. In fact it looks as though we will need it as any sort of European qualification is looking increasingly unlikely.

Would it really matter? Liverpool Football Club has changed so much in the last few years anyway and we get more commercial every day.

People may say that that's just the way football is, but that doesn't make it ok.

I'd be devestated if this happened, but wouldn't really be that surprised if it did.

All I have heard is that he has one of the worst human rights records in Asia (which takes some doing). Maybe he could give Houllier electric shock treatment every time he plays henchoz at right back or H****Y anywhere for that matter.

Would prefer Morgan, particularly as he loaths Houllier.

Saw somewhere(can't remember where) that he was buying 25% of the club to invest some money - would have no problem with this, but why would anyone come in and spend mega money unless they had control of the club? On the plus side, as he's Prime Minister of Thailand, he probably won't get to that many games, so at least we won't have TV cameras trained on him a la Playercam like Sly do for Abramovich!

Actually, if you're reading Mister Prime Minister, seeing as how you won't be using it much, can I have your seat in the Director's Box??

Its not been the same since Peter Robinson went.

New manager, new ground, new owner its all going to happen eventually.

Maybe it will be for the best

Disagree - it hasn't been the same since Sir John Smith went. Ruthless bastard, but he'd have never have tolerated some of the horseshit that has gone on at the club since then.

From BBC Sport online:

Thais deny Liverpool link

Thaksin has been linked with a takeover of the Reds

Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra does not want to buy Liverpool, according to his advisor.

Thailand coach Thavatchai Sajakul says Thaksin wants to link up with Liverpool to promote football in Thailand.

"Our intention is not to take over," Sajakul said. "We just want some kind of access to a Premier League club.

"We're looking very closely at Liverpool and aside from the access we need some co-operation. Our intention is just to support Thai football."

He added: "Our prime minister has already spoken to the Liverpool chairman but the details of it cannot be revealed.

"I think negotiations have been going on for the last two-and-a-half months.

"We have told them our intentions, our interest and they haven't come back officially."

Is it? What about the recent shoot to kill policy by the police which has been overwhelmingly criticied by the likes of Amnesty?

What about the recent shoot to miss policy adopted by the LFC squad which has been overwhelmingly criticised by everybody but Houllier?

• Upvote 1

Is it? What about the recent shoot to kill policy by the police which has been overwhelmingly criticied by the likes of Amnesty?

It is completely untrue to say that he has one of the worst human rights records in Asia, yes. To put him in a category with China or any of Thailand's neighbours like Burma, Laos or Cambodia is ridiculous.

Thailand is a country with a relatively free press - the shoot-to-kill against drug dealers was openly criticized for the mistakes that obviously arise with such a ridiculous policy. But it was actually a popular policy with the population-at- large. That's not an excuse, but it should also be remembered that the Thai police probably didn't wait for any official orders. The last 10-15 years has seen a big change from Thailand as part of the route that the drugs trade passed through to becoming a target for the drug dealers, and people are happy someone took drastic action.

I don't actually think very much of the man but I've seen this human rights thing appear on a few boards and I think there are plenty of other genuine reasons for making sure he has absolutely no say in the running of our club. I would doubt he has much knowledge of English football or Liverpool FC. He would come in looking for political and financial gains. He would be playing to the audience at home. The best interests of the club would probably be secondary to his own best interests. I also can't see massive amounts of cash becoming available. It seems like one lump sum for getting what they want and that would be it. If that gave them a significant power in the club, I think it would be a big mistake.

I don't know if I am totally off the mark and this is a tenuous thread of discussion, but we have recently released quite a few players. Players who apparently are reasonable prospects for the future. I have also read somewhere else that this Thai guy wants to open links with LFC with a view to investing money with LFC allowing young Thai players to train and go through our academy in return for the investment. If this is the case, are we allowing these young players to go so that we can free up space for an influx of young Thai talent? I don't have any problem with any young talent going through the academy, but if young local lads have been released purely so that we can allow (possibly substandard Thai talent) to go through the ranks, I think that's a disgrace. Like I said, I have absolutely no evidence and I am linking things I have read. Maybe I am adding two plus two and getting five, but what does anyone else think? Do you think there is anything in it?