You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UEFA Cup Winners into The 2010/11 CL

bri

I was listening to the pod today, (bit behind the times) and Al and Dave talk about winning the UEFA Cup or coming 4th.

Seems to be some confusion. As I understand it the winners of the UEFA cup go into the qualifying rounds on the CL.

Couldn't find anything on the UEFA site but this link shows it.

UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can anyone comment otherwise.

Good pods, keep em going.

Guest ShoePiss
I was listening to the pod today, (bit behind the times) and Al and Dave talk about winning the UEFA Cup or coming 4th.

Seems to be some confusion. As I understand it the winners of the UEFA cup go into the qualifying rounds on the CL.

Couldn't find anything on the UEFA site but this link shows it.

UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can anyone comment otherwise.

Good pods, keep em going.

I'm confused by that, since when did UEFA Cup winners enter the CL unless they qualified through their domestic league position?

If the previous UEFA Europa League title-holders are not eligible to take part in either of the current UEFA club competitions (UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League) by virtue of their domestic form, the UEFA Administration may, at the request of the association of the club concerned, admit this club to the current UEFA Europa League competition. Its participation will not be at the expense of the contingent of its association.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh imagine it, Everton go on a hell of run, finish four, get hammered in the CL qualifiers (again). And we waltz in via the Europa League and an easy qualifier against TNS!

TEEEEEE

ENNNNN

EEEESSS

Nigel Martyn in the Echo last week, " I wonder, if Liverpool win the Europa League and finish 4th in the premier league, will they insist on playing in the Europa league as defending champions after their bleating in 2005?"

what a prick bitter get