You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

On 29/10/2023 at 21:42, Shooter in the Motor said:

spiderman 2 is breathtaking.

Kraven is a far more compelling character with a better story in this game than Venom, dunno if it's Venom fatigue but Kraven  and the Hunters should have been the sole focus.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Pretty good that. I didn't really get in to Disco Elysium, but Spiritfarer, Wildermouth and Forgotten City are all excellent.

50 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just downloaded Baldurs Gate 3. Never played a game like this before, so fuck knows what I'm doing early doors.

Might be an idea to look up some D&D guides. The game does it all for you really, but it's more fun if you're on top of things.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Might be an idea to look up some D&D guides. The game does it all for you really, but it's more fun if you're on top of things.

I kind of get the system. If you are -1 on something and they are 10, it's not worth the risk is it?

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I kind of get the system. If you are -1 on something and they are 10, it's not worth the risk is it?

You can always save scum it- try something and if it doesn't work out, reload. Someone recommended this site as a good resource, you don't have to read everything and fortunately the new rules are nowhere near as complex as the old 2nd edition rules they used in the original games, but it might be worth a flick through if there's anything you don't get- https://www.dndbeyond.com/

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You can always save scum it- try something and if it doesn't work out, reload. Someone recommended this site as a good resource, you don't have to read everything and fortunately the new rules are nowhere near as complex as the old 2nd edition rules they used in the original games, but it might be worth a flick through if there's anything you don't get- https://www.dndbeyond.com/

Cheers. I'm enjoying it so far, just got through the tutorial.

8 hours ago, Elite said:

Cheers. I'm enjoying it so far, just got through the tutorial.

Cool. Battles are fairly simple, make sure you have the high ground or are in stealth mode. The game wants you to enjoy the story- which is pretty damn good- not get fucked over. What are you playing it on, btw? XBox?

8 hours ago, Mudface said:

Cool. Battles are fairly simple, make sure you have the high ground or are in stealth mode. The game wants you to enjoy the story- which is pretty damn good- not get fucked over. What are you playing it on, btw? XBox?

PlayStation 5. I've gone with Barbarian as I read it's beginner friendly.

Gave up on Zelda and about to do the same with RE4. So that's 2 GOTY contenders not finished. Zelda is just way too big and RE4 is on a wind-up with the amount of janky shooting. Luckily every fucker seems to be carrying bullets to make up for the whole clips you have to empty into them.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I fucking loved Days gone, can't wait for that.

It’s incredible that the main reason it was canned was the critical response mainly from IGN. If they do proceed with it, my guess is they’ll be reluctant to provide review copies.

20 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It’s incredible that the main reason it was canned was the critical response mainly from IGN. If they do proceed with it, my guess is they’ll be reluctant to provide review copies.

Apparently it was buggy as hell at first but I got onto it late after it was patched. First time I played it was during the covid pandemic. I've played it fully through 3 times since. The bike is the best thing in it.

On 01/11/2023 at 20:43, Baresi said:

Remnant 2 ps5 £22 on Amazon. Just ordered.

I spent around 15 hours playing this on Veteran. Extremely challenging and had no gun drops, so I had to make do with the ones I did get while selecting my archetype. To top it all off, I lost my save file and my profile got corrupted. Fortunately, I made a trade on CEX without losing money. I'll hold off until PS+ releases it. 3 out of 10.

41 minutes ago, Baresi said:

I spent around 15 hours playing this on Veteran. Extremely challenging and had no gun drops, so I had to make do with the ones I did get while selecting my archetype. To top it all off, I lost my save file and my profile got corrupted. Fortunately, I made a trade on CEX without losing money. I'll hold off until PS+ releases it. 3 out of 10.

It's a fucking great game. You were just unlucky with the save. I platinummed it, that's how much I enjoyed it.

On 18/11/2023 at 11:27, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Firewatch

Just dropped on Game Pass; been meaning to play it for years. I've always liked these walking simulators, and as expected the writing is top notch. Made a nice breather from Starfield, which is feeling more disappointing by the day. Anyway, Firewatch, a nice little mystery drama, short and sweet.

I really enjoyed it, especially as I played it over a Boxing Day afternoon a few years back, full of wine and Buck's Fizz. It's quite cleverly done as well, giving the impression it's a supernatural horror, when actually there's a simple explanation for the events.

• Upvote 1