You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Talk about missing the point entirely, it's supposed to be bollocks, designed to show that even the jokiest throwaway tune by a band like The Who is infinitely superior to anything produced by The Stereophonics.

Lerd.

No, no. I definately meant 'is it bollocks'. Your entitled to an opinion, but its wrong.

Lerd

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nel, try some new exciting fresh guitar music. Buy We Were Promised Jetpacks album, it was the best album of last year (it's not just my opinion, it WAS the best).

I've heard plenty of 'new exciting fresh guitar' and it just isnt as good, it doesnt do anything for me, i'll stick to Stereophonics, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Muse, Courteeners, Strokes class bands

Jack White, Dave Grohl and Josh Homme just called; they said Kelly is an appropriate name for a little girl.

All this "my band is better than your band" stuff is hilarious, it's like being thirteen again.

Still, if you threw Kasabian, Stereophonics and The Courteeners into a really large pot and boiled them down until only a dark, foul-smelling residue remained, you'd have the same amount of musical talent found in Jack White's big toe.* In fact, you'd probably have the same amount of musical talent found in Jack Black's big toe. Kasabian in particular are fucking risible, they sound like Oasis's roadies playing Big Country covers. Also, that guitarist with the tight strides cracks me up, he looks like he's got two threads hanging off the bottom of his jumper.

We Were Promised Jetpacks are pretty fine, also the air of disappointment in their name creases me up

* Randomly selects one of Jack White's bands:

[YOUTUBE]M7QSkI6My1g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ImbW-p4c4gQ[/YOUTUBE]

See?

I went to see the Stereophonics on their greatest hits tour year before last in the Echo arena, and the Courteeners were supporting them! I had 6 pints before I went in and another 6 pint bottles of Carling when I was in there and from what I remember I enjoyed it.

Though I can't say for certain whether that was because of the music or the alcohol.

I went to see the Stereophonics on their greatest hits tour year before last in the Echo arena, and the Courteeners were supporting them! I had 6 pints before I went in and another 6 pint bottles of Carling when I was in there and from what I remember I enjoyed it.

Though I can't say for certain whether that was because of the music or the alcohol.

I've a hunch it was the ale.

Greatest Hits? How long did that gig last for then? five minutes? It must have felt like you were in a time warp.

I've a hunch it was the ale.

Greatest Hits? How long did that gig last for then? five minutes? It must have felt like you were in a time warp.

I got dragged along by my mates, but to be fair they aren't as bad as some make out. Don't see how anyone can argue that they haven't got progressively worse though.

First album was good, after that, apart from the odd track, they aren't up to much.

NelCarra, you remind me of when I was 14 years old with an unshakeable faith in white boy indie guitar music, regardless of whether it was any good or not and my own self-righteous opinion to back to the hilt whatever I thought.

Now I realise I was talking poo poo all those years ago and you are too now, lad.

I was suggesting that you are?! Thats my point. What am I? A douche? A strange man made your mind up lerd!

Both. They aren't mutually exclusive things.

Yes, from this post...

I cant take you seriously mate when you call me a douche, in one ear out the other....but i apologise that im not a fan of 'dad' rock...the who, status quo etc...i thought us Liverpool fans, were supposed to be knowledgeable? Well bow your head in shame mate. Fail.

...I assumed that you are.

Lerd? Is this that exaggerated Scouse syndrome thing that people talk about?

I got dragged along by my mates, but to be fair they aren't as bad as some make out. Don't see how anyone can argue that they haven't got progressively worse though.

First album was good, after that, apart from the odd track, they aren't up to much.

Finally, someone whose on the same wavelength.

All this "my band is better than your band" stuff is hilarious, it's like being thirteen again.

Still, if you threw Kasabian, Stereophonics and The Courteeners into a really large pot and boiled them down until only a dark, foul-smelling residue remained, you'd have the same amount of musical talent found in Jack White's big toe.* In fact, you'd probably have the same amount of musical talent found in Jack Black's big toe. Kasabian in particular are fucking risible, they sound like Oasis's roadies playing Big Country covers. Also, that guitarist with the tight strides cracks me up, he looks like he's got two threads hanging off the bottom of his jumper.

We Were Promised Jetpacks are pretty fine, also the air of disappointment in their name creases me up

* Randomly selects one of Jack White's bands:

[YOUTUBE]M7QSkI6My1g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ImbW-p4c4gQ[/YOUTUBE]

See?

Dont get started on Jack White/White Stripes etc, very talented guitarist but fucking shit bands...sounds like a cat screech gone wrong