You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Portsmouth were wound up today...

Carradona

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

I'll miss the bells.

On the points score, we have yet to host them at Anfield so would lose the chance of three points.

But as others have said, it will never happen. (or will it?)

...what would happen to the points won against them by teams this season?

They would be wiped out, all games void. And we'd move into 3rd ! A win tonight would put us 4 ahead of teh gooners, though they have a game in hand.

Arsenal, UNited and Citeh have got 6 points from both games. Chelsea, Spurs and VIlla all 3 points. WE'd defo benefit.

Table would be

Chelsea p24 pts 55

United 23 50

Liverpool 24 44

Arsenal 23 43

Spurs 24 40

Citeh 22 38

AV 23 38

But willing teams to be wound up just isnt footie .

Guest davelfc
So they bloody well should. I hate those twats but it would be a joke if the poits were scrapped. Surely Portsmouth can continue to put out some kind of team to fulfill their foxtures even if it's just kids.

Nope, all points annulled which is why they will get 28 days.

So they bloody well should. I hate those twats but it would be a joke if the poits were scrapped. Surely Portsmouth can continue to put out some kind of team to fulfill their foxtures even if it's just kids.

I think you're getting confused with Wolves.

They would be wiped out, all games void. And we'd move into 3rd ! A win tonight would put us 4 ahead of teh gooners, though they have a game in hand.

Arsenal, UNited and Citeh have got 6 points from both games. Chelsea, Spurs and VIlla all 3 points. WE'd defo benefit.

Table would be

Chelsea p24 pts 55

United 23 50

Liverpool 24 44

Arsenal 23 43

Spurs 24 40

Citeh 22 38

AV 23 38

But willing teams to be wound up just isnt footie .

All in Rafa's plans. Slowly slowly catch the monkey.

Guest davelfc
I hope it doesn't. Portsmouth seem to have a very loyal (if somewhat annoying) support and I'd really feel for them. I'd hate for us to benefit at the expense of a club going under, especially with our current circumstances. I'd rather us earn what we get.

A mate of mine (from Portsmouth) is a loyal fan and a decent bloke. They've battled hard in the past to keep the club alive and it would be a crying shame to see them go. As much as the 'bells' wind me up, they are incredibly loyal fans and deserve better.

Guest davelfc
I thought all results against pompey would count as 3-0 wins??

Be horrible to see them go though.

No that's only if they fail to play or have too many players sent off, field illegal/ineligible players etc. Not the case if they fold.

I thought all results against pompey would count as 3-0 wins??

Be horrible to see them go though.

Rule 29 would come into effect.

If any Club ceases during the Season to be a member of the League, the record of the League Matches in which it has participated that Season shall be expunged from the table and the number of Clubs to be relegated at the end of that Season shall be reduced so as to maintain at 20 (or, if less, as near thereto as may be) the number of Clubs in membership of the League

at the beginning of the next Season.

If they are wound up then I expect the Portsmouth v Liverpool thread to be annulled too.

I_m_all_right_Jack_01.jpg

According to that Purslow cove, with a bit of a nod and a wink we can probably get all of these threads annulled pronto. Give us all a bit of much-needed peace and quiet, what?

The Wolves threads must stay!

Still think Sol Campbell is a cunt for looking for 1.7 mil from them when the club is in shite.

And I'm sure you wouldn't have a different opinion if someone owed you £1.7m.

Easy to be charitable with other people's money, innit?

So far as winding up is concerned, I wouldn't really care if it benefits us. Portsmouth beat us, but I feel that they cheated; they sought to gain an unfair advantage by paying their players money that they didn't have.

And I'm sure you wouldn't have a different opinion if someone owed you £1.7m.

Easy to be charitable with other people's money, innit?

So far as winding up is concerned, I wouldn't really care if it benefits us. Portsmouth beat us, but I feel that they cheated; they sought to gain an unfair advantage by paying their players money that they didn't have.

Isn't that us?