You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS Minutes with Purslow meeting

Red_or_Dead

I would give him time yet.

He seems a very savvy business man and he was brought in to save a sinking ship, our level of debt was unmanageable and had to be brought down. It was unsustainable.

This summer I was as gutted as the next and it was shit but looking at the bigger picture it was better to get the debt down. A hard pill to swallow but it had to be done.

I am not saying he is the knight in shining armor but I will wait and see what he comes up come the seasons end.

Thing is mate, I don't like giving dishonest people time.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is mate, I don't like giving dishonest people time.

Not one for that myself but if he can get investment in and move the club on, I could suffer it.

Some seem to think that may be the end of him, it could well be and we are back to square one.

Not one for that myself but if he can get investment in and move the club on, I could suffer it.

Some seem to think that may be the end of him, it could well be and we are back to square one.

I don't think it's the end of him, he's got plausible deniability. He is calling the SOS minutes bullshit, so it's his word against theirs.

This could end up more damaging for SOS than for him.

I don't think it's the end of him, he's got plausible deniability. He can call the SOS minutes bullshit and then it's his word against theirs.

I agree and think he will remain but a few have thought different and anything is possible at the club at present.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Booo put the link up.

I'm so pissed that the link has been taken down. I assume that it is because all the juicy stuff is being taken down?

Anyone?

Calculatingly self-serving?

I don't know, I just think like others he isn't working for the Owners, he's working for RBS.

His objectives are set out by the bank, rather than the owners. The owners are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. There is no way on this earth he would have even said half the stuff said in that meeting if the owners where his boss. Either that or he has an un-conventional way of working, and he's a bit like House without the limp.

Either than or the owners can't afford to sack him, just like Rafa....

I almost wonder if we aren't so stuffed and can't agree on anything that they have said to him thatthey can't put money in and have to pay back this £100m in x months or we are stuffed. They can't raise any cash for the ground so Purslows brief is to get them out of the shit.

If that means getting investment and letting G&H keep a share so they can benefit from the ground in the future then I am sure G&H want that - if this isn't feasible then he is to get the club sold so G&H at least walk away debt free.

Exactly. We make it known to him that we tell our members what happens in the meeting. The same goes with his minutes, with rewriting loads of stuff. We need honesty with this. Pointless having the dialogue otherwise if we just put out stuff as PR spin like the echo does.

What was your take on Purslow ? Maybe you think him a snake, but if he is genuine, what do we gain from 'honesty' ? Potentially losing the man who is tasked with saving the club ? How does that help us.

It may be that RBS are the real owners therefore Purslow is on safe ground, but if the repercussions of this are Purslow leaving then we've shot ourselves in the foot.

This isnt marriage guidance, or school, honesty wont pay off the owners, neither will talking the club down as it wil just lower any possible buyers valuation of us and in turn, prolong the agony.

I don't know, I just think like others he isn't working for the Owners, he's working for RBS.

His objectives are set out by the bank, rather than the owners. The owners are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. There is no way on this earth he would have even said half the stuff said in that meeting if the owners where his boss. Either that or he has an un-conventional way of working, and he's a bit like House without the limp.

Either than or the owners can't afford to sack him, just like Rafa....

I'd agree with that. I think he's looking out for Christian Purslow first and RBS second. I don't go with the foot-in-mouth theory about these minutes. He's got enough high level negotiation background. Doesn't follow that he would speak out of school like that. Them's calculated words.

Who okays the minutes (or rather doesn't okay 'em)? This couldn't have got stuck at board level could it?