You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we got an offer for Gerrard.......

Accerdome14

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought this was the best site its full of cockey cunts who wont accept any others point of view without been clever about it and takeing the piss sparta 7 suc my hair balls u prick

It's that lack of Grammar and use of text talk that is pissing people off.

You're a slobbering mong.

of about 40m do you think that it is good business to let him go?

Personally, I think it would be a good deal, Gerrard has been below par, this season and he isn't getting any younger for me I believe it would be a bigger loss to lose Torres than Stevie G so 40m would help with the finances of the club.

£40m

Can't someone ban this woppa please?

Why hasn't he got a line through his name yet it's been ages since he wrote this?

And I'm actually against censorship.

That's how much he deserves banning.

Guest Pistonbroke

To the original poster, no way!!! Gerrard has been injured for the best part of the season and is playing with the help of injections. All players go through a bad spell and SG is no exception. But he does have a pretty good excuse and it's not like we are playing well as a team to boot. He is one of the best players in the World and time and time again his love for the club has spurred him on to take a game by the scruff of the neck and drag others along with him. If you rip the heart out of anything it ceases to beat and SG has been the heart of our club for some time.

i dont think it will belong before him and torres leave they arnt stupid they can see we are in reverse,if them to cunts stay every transfer window is gunna be who is getting sold next,for the long term id sell both so they can start that stadium thats the key to our future id take a few years pain for a lot of gain if its for the good of the club and it rids us of them 2 leeches because lets face it they are gunna sell players if we dont get 4th place and i say that with a heavy heart we are fucked either way untill that stadium is built

Totally agree.

£40m

Can't someone ban this woppa please?

Why hasn't he got a line through his name yet it's been ages since he wrote this?

And I'm actually against censorship.

That's how much he deserves banning.

And I am against delusional idiots who think that this club will go on even though we are in almost crippling debts and it could get worse if we don't qualify for the CL.

This is mental. You'd be tempted to sell one of our few genuine, undisputed top class players for (in my opinion, anyway) less than he's worth, in some forlorn hope that we'd get the money back to reinvest in the team?

We'd never see the money again. And even if we did, there's no-one better out there than Gerrard, so I'd be interested to know how we'd be stronger? We could improve other positions, sure, but we'd never come close to replacing him with someone of equal standard.

So your plan is to sell Gerrard (a player who has carried us mostly for 6-7 years) and pay off some of the clubs debts?

Have you got any other suggestions?

Your last comment just represents the delusional idiots that bombard this forum, in the last 6 or 7 years, this season Stevie G hasn't performed this season and although he has been a legend, that is possibly what he is becoming, a has been, we need to pay off these debts and I worry again, that in the current economical climate, the demand of banks to businesses will cost the club.

Have you got any other suggestions?

Your last comment just represents the delusional idiots that bombard this forum, in the last 6 or 7 years, this season Stevie G hasn't performed this season and although he has been a legend, that is possibly what he is becoming, a has been, we need to pay off these debts and I worry again, that in the current economical climate, the demand of banks to businesses will cost the club.

Id rather the club go bankrupt then humiliate itself by selling its best players. Gerrards form patchy then, maybe thats something to do with the injury problems he has had? Even then he is still better then most at 50%. In fact scrap all that, youre a dope.

Guest Pistonbroke
I completely agree with Andrew78 and it seems that he is the only person posting sense on this thread.

Sense because it fits in with your opinion though. But not sense looking at the general feeling about said subject.

Guest PurpleNose
I think he's on to something. If we sold all of our players we might be able to clear the whole debt in one go. Then we could sell the stadium to Everton and end up in profit!

We'd have lower net spend than everyone else in League 2.

Guest Pistonbroke
Who knows, we may not have a choice soon. Anyone ever thought of that possibility?

It has crossed my mind. Plus if things don't pick up it could become a distinct possibility. But it's World cup year and i believe most top players will stay where they are for the time being. After the World cup the vultures will descend if we don't get CL qualification. Then it's all down to the individuals and what they see as the best possible career move.

I'm a romantic and a faithful old dog.

Not sure about the modern day football player though. can't be easy with 5 million in your account and no trophies on offer. At some point the trophies have to become more important than money you already have.