You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you blame Xabi for wanting to join Real Madrid?

ScouseJim

Do you blame Xabi for going o Real Madrid?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you blame Xabi for going o Real Madrid?

• YES: He should have stayed loyal to the Red's
    • NO: He deserved to be allowed to go.

Masch, Reina and Riera will all go if Barca or Madrid call. Masch will be gone next season imo.

We are lucky Torrres supports the less fashionable madrid team and would only go back to them as he would be gone too.

Your bang out of order mate

How dare you put Pepe in the same boat as those other two, he's like Torres when he goes back to Spain it will be towards the end of his career to Athletico, Pepe like Nando isnt motivated by money but by winning things. He would only leave us if we were going backwards on the pitch, the other two would ditch us at a moments notice.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your bang out of order mate

How dare you put Pepe in the same boat as those other two, he's like Torres when he goes back to Spain it will be towards the end of his career to Athletico, Pepe like Nando isnt motivated by money but by winning things. He would only leave us if we were going backwards on the pitch, the other two would ditch us at a moments notice.

classic, how do you know that? You seem pretty unhinged.

I didn't say when they would go but i do not see any of them seeing out their careers with us, when it suits they will go back home.

im glad Rafa sold him and really pleased with the fee he got for him and all credit for Rafa for that.

However Xabi leaving was a product of Rafa's actions and not been man enough to rectify them but that is his nature.

Xabi has gone Rafa has done a great deal but please lets not rewrite history here.

Time to move on

So you have matched the wages Xabi has been offered at RM & given that you are not Rafa he has decided to stay.

Which of Gerrard or Torres are you going to sell to balance the wage budget?

What are you going to do with Carra's agent demanding to know why he is now paid a fraction of what Alonso earns when they were on parity before? (he can easily hint that Citeh desperately need a CB & his client is 1 of the best in the PL)

What are you going to do with Masch's agent demanding to know why he is now paid a fraction of what Alonso earns when they were on parity before? (he can easily hint that RM need a CM as Xabi hasn't joined them)

We could not afford to match the wages on offer at our competitor so he left.

Exactly the same as you would do if your present employer couldn't match an 82% wage rise from a prospective employer.

You remind me of Debbie McGee

"so Debbie what first attracted you to multi-millionaire Paul Daniels?"

"So Xabi what first attracted you to an 82% wage rise?"

classic, how do you know that? You seem pretty unhinged.

I didn't say when they would go but i do not see any of them seeing out their careers with us, when it suits they will go back home.

I appologise for the strong tone of my last post but Pepe isnt like the other two you only have to read what he says to know thats the case, he's already said he wants to finish his career at Athletico, his dad played for them you know.

Pepe and Torres are in the same boat only leave if things got reallly bad.

So you have matched the wages Xabi has been offered at RM & given that you are not Rafa he has decided to stay.

Which of Gerrard or Torres are you going to sell to balance the wage budget?

What are you going to do with Carra's agent demanding to know why he is now paid a fraction of what Alonso earns when they were on parity before? (he can easily hint that Citeh desperately need a CB & his client is 1 of the best in the PL)

What are you going to do with Masch's agent demanding to know why he is now paid a fraction of what Alonso earns when they were on parity before? (he can easily hint that RM need a CM as Xabi hasn't joined them)

We could not afford to match the wages on offer at our competitor so he left.

Exactly the same as you would do if your present employer couldn't match an 82% wage rise from a prospective employer.

You remind me of Debbie McGee

"so Debbie what first attracted you to multi-millionaire Paul Daniels?"

"So Xabi what first attracted you to an 82% wage rise?"

You strongly believe it about money and your entitled to your opinion and mine it had fuck all to do with money. Lets just agree to dissagree because you have your view and I have mine and we wont change each others views on it.

I appologise for the strong tone of my last post but Pepe isnt like the other two you only have to read what he says to know thats the case, he's already said he wants to finish his career at Athletico, his dad played for them you know.

Pepe and Torres are in the same boat only leave if things got reallly bad.

It's all a bit of fun to pass the time!

You strongly believe it about money and your entitled to your opinion and mine it had fuck all to do with money. Lets just agree to dissagree because you have your view and I have mine and we wont change each others views on it.

Even in your imaginary scenario you haven't answered which of Torres or Gerrard you would have sold to balance the wage bill after Xabi had stayed on matching pay & how you would have dealt with Carra & Masch's agents at the very least screaming blue murder.....

Why did Torres take a pay cut and increased tax to join us 2 years ago?

He didnt take a higher rate of tax as the rate was lower 2 years ago.

The pay he was on before & after were very similar with some reporting a rise, some a cut.

The reason he moved was to further his career & play in the most important competition in football (until of course Rafa won it) which AM weren't regulalrly in.

I am happy to agree that Xabi is moving to a slightly better League although i hope you remember that when Rafa's League record is discussed.

However the gap is not 5% either way but a whopping 82%.

Most people would not consider a 5% difference in salary particulalry important but they would change their behaviour for a rise of 82%

LadyBoy,Barry,Adebayour, Tevez, Toure & Xabi have all moved for money this summer: it is just as ridiculous for any of them to claim that it was for any other reason- Funny how it is only the 1 that Rafa was involved in that people have to make up a soap opera for.....

Dunno if it's already been posted somewhere but here you go....

(reading between the lines I'd say Rafa's a cunt.)

ALONSO UNVEILED AT BERNABEU | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

Xabi Alonso was presented as a Real Madrid player on Wednesday night after signing a five-year contract at the Bernabeu.

The Basque midfielder joins Madrid from Liverpool for around £30million and was unveiled at the stadium in the evening.

The 27-year-old Spain international arrived in the capital this morning after a fee was agreed between Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Alonso then underwent various tests and met his new team-mates for training earlier in the afternoon.

The midfielder is Madrid's eighth summer signing, taking the Primera Division giants' spending to over £220million in just two months.

Madrid president Florentino Perez has brought in Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Raul Albiol, Esteban Granero, Arbeloa, Alvaro Negredo and Karim Benzema as he attempts to build a team capable of challenging Barcelona's treble winners.

"It's a very happy day for me," said Alonso. "It's an important step in my career to come to a club like Real Madrid.

"I'm very happy to be part of this club and I was very excited for this day to arrive.

"It's the best opportunity for me to develop as a footballer."

The transfer sees Alonso return to Spain after five years away from his homeland.

And, while he enjoyed his time on Merseyside, the former Real Sociedad player admitted he decided before the end of the season the time was right to move on.

"I am very grateful to Liverpool fans, they were very warm during my five years," he continued. "It will be really difficult to match their appreciation.

"I really enjoyed those five years.

"But a few months ago I took that decision as I thought it was the right moment to find a fresh challenge, to look for a new club.

"That's when Real Madrid came along. Luckily a deal has been done and I'm very happy.

"It is a personal challenge I felt is necessary for my football career.

"I felt it was right so I looked for a change, for a new experience, and when Madrid came in, that's when I decided to come back to Spain."

The transfer was one of the most protracted deals of the summer but Alonso claims he always believed he would be at the Bernabeu before the start of the season.

"I didn't have all the cards in my hand but I was confident," he said. "A while back I became determined to leave.

"The end result was what I wished for, here I am and I am very happy."

Reports suggest Alonso's relationship with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez disintegrated after he professed his desire to leave.

However, Alonso insists he has nothing but respect for his former boss.

"I have repeated over and over again that the relationship was a professional one, of mutual respect, a normal one between coach and player," he said.

"I respect him and thank him for the opportunity he gave me.

"The goodbyes were quite brief, everything happened very quickly and I didn't have time to say goodbye properly,

"I want to return to say goodbye to my team-mates and Rafa.

"As everything was very quick I hardly had time so as soon as I can I will say goodbye as I should have done."

Alonso added: "I want to thank them for everything they gave me but now I am starting a new stage in my career.

"I'm very excited.

"Five years is a big deal in club like Liverpool. I learnt a great deal, had a great experience, played in the Champions League every year and won one.

"I'm arriving at Madrid more mature and with more experience."

where is the skulduggery, subterfuge, scandal and sentiment.

That article does not read like the emotional drama that played out, the footballing soap opera with heroes and villains, right and wrong and good vs evil.

There must be something wrong, must have got lost in translation, typical journos.

ALONSO UNVEILED AT BERNABEU | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

Xabi Alonso was presented as a Real Madrid player on Wednesday night after signing a five-year contract at the Bernabeu.

The Basque midfielder joins Madrid from Liverpool for around £30million and was unveiled at the stadium in the evening.

The 27-year-old Spain international arrived in the capital this morning after a fee was agreed between Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Alonso then underwent various tests and met his new team-mates for training earlier in the afternoon.

The midfielder is Madrid's eighth summer signing, taking the Primera Division giants' spending to over £220million in just two months.

Madrid president Florentino Perez has brought in Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Raul Albiol, Esteban Granero, Arbeloa, Alvaro Negredo and Karim Benzema as he attempts to build a team capable of challenging Barcelona's treble winners.

"It's a very happy day for me," said Alonso. "It's an important step in my career to come to a club like Real Madrid.

"I'm very happy to be part of this club and I was very excited for this day to arrive.

The transfer sees Alonso return to Spain after five years away from his homeland.

And, while he enjoyed his time on Merseyside, the former Real Sociedad player admitted he decided before the end of the season the time was right to move on.

"I am very grateful to Liverpool fans, they were very warm during my five years," he continued. "It will be really difficult to match their appreciation.

"But a few months ago I took that decision as I thought it was the right moment to find a fresh challenge, to look for a new club.

"That's when Real Madrid came along. Luckily a deal has been done and I'm very happy.

"I felt it was right so I looked for a change, for a new experience, and when Madrid came in, that's when I decided to come back to Spain."

The transfer was one of the most protracted deals of the summer but Alonso claims he always believed he would be at the Bernabeu before the start of the season.

"I didn't have all the cards in my hand but I was confident," he said. "A while back I became determined to leave.

Reports suggest Alonso's relationship with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez disintegrated after he professed his desire to leave.

"I have repeated over and over again that the relationship was a professional one, of mutual respect, a normal one between coach and player," he said.

"The goodbyes were quite brief, everything happened very quickly and I didn't have time to say goodbye properly,

"As everything was very quick I hardly had time so as soon as I can I will say goodbye as I should have done."

Alonso added: "I want to thank them for everything they gave me but now I am starting a new stage in my career.

"I'm very excited.

"Five years is a big deal in club like Liverpool. I learnt a great deal, had a great experience, played in the Champions League every year and won one.

Fucking class

hard not to love that man

lets remember he had already decided to leave before Real came in for him.

So much class to rise above the bait a truly great man who I wish all the best and yes I probably over reacted when he said he didnt want to plays for us anymore, id have him back tomorrow if he was good enough for the first 11

Style dignity and Class is Xabi Alonso

I'm not going to blame or throw stones or throw abuse at either Rafa or Xabi. Wish Xabi the best and I thank him for the years he's given us in a red shirt. Rafa has money to spend on improving the team, so I look forward to the new season with as much anticipation and excitement as the last.

"I'm very excited.

Fairly concrete to me. The interviewer even tried to fish. He's nothing but respect for the club, the fans, the players and Rafa. Like any other transfer then.