You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are you of the opinion that.....

Elite

Well what is the point of cancer research and so on?

Charities that provide the medical equipment that makes the sufferers life more comfortable I can understand but money for research that will never come to fruition is pointless.

Who do you mean by higher powers? Like, Gordon Brown level, or are we talking the illuminati?

Higher than Gordon Brown. Don't know much about the Illuminati as such but there are definitely people we don't know about making all the big decisions.

Higher than Gordon Brown. Don't know much about the Illuminati as such but there are definitely people we don't know about making all the big decisions.

So like, those rich people in america at the end of the zeitgeist film?

Definently not. It would take too many people sharing too sensitive information in a too large scale, that it would leak sooner rather than later. I'm all for conspiracy theories, but that one is unrealistic and not probable in my opinion.

I have had thoughts about the origin of various diseases though, like the swine flu and other potential pandemics. It's too conspicuous how goverments are storing up Tamiflu without suspecting the manufacturer of that particular remedy to be involved somehow. We are talking billions upon billions when goverments are stockpiling one brand of medicine. I'm not saying they planted swine flu, but I am 100% certain some diseases have been planted over the years, just to make the pharmaceutical industry money.

I think the patent problem is much more interesting.

Already drug companies get hassled by morons like Bono to sell their drugs cheaper to poor countries.

Certainly if a cure for AIDS was found, then there would be tremendous political pressure on the discoverer to release below market price.

So you are significantly cutting the incentive to do all the expensive research needed for a cure.

Classic situation where well-meaning people interfere & make the problem worse.

I don't believe that there is a cure already for cancer/aids etc. But I do believe it will be to the detriment of humanity if one is found and made readily available. We have to die and its ridiculous the amount we do to keep ourselves alive. The worlds population cannot grow exponentially forever without dire consequences.

Things like disease and famine etc are all horrible but we need these things.

I don't believe that there is a cure already for cancer/aids etc. But I do believe it will be to the detriment of humanity if one is found and made readily available. We have to die and its ridiculous the amount we do to keep ourselves alive. The worlds population cannot grow exponentially forever without dire consequences.

The population can be controlled in other ways, through a one child policy for example. Saying that disease is natural and that it should be allowed to take its course is like saying we should all live out in a field somewhere and wait for the cold to kill a few of us off.

It's like a battle of wills between the human intelect and nature, in fact I imagine it's that philosophy which prompts a lot of biochemists to do the job they do, the challenge to overcome nature.

The population can be controlled in other ways, through a one child policy for example. Saying that disease is natural and that it should be allowed to take its course is like saying we should all live out in a field somewhere and wait for the cold to kill a few of us off.

It's like a battle of wills between the human intelect and nature, in fact I imagine it's that philosophy which prompts a lot of biochemists to do the job they do, the challenge to overcome nature.

Or, like Albert Hoffman, the desire to take loads & loads of lab-quality narcotics!

Only someone who lives in a country where these are not major killers would say such a thing.

It's fact, you can't argue with it. Without survival of the fittest, we'd be extinct.

Oh I realise that, but I'm sure those starving to death or riddled with some hideous disease are comforted by the fact that their misfortune is all part of life's rich tapestry.

Still, as long as it mostly happens to those brown or yellow people that's OK then; we can all get back to the important business of stuffing our faces with Rustler's burgers and watching Celebrity Love Island 6 or some other inane shite.