You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Let it go John, let it go. Rafa wants Xabi to stay this year, Rafa got it wrong last. This year, its Xabi who has it wrong, hopefully he'll stay and they can make up. But this whole Xabi is so hard done by and the constant whining that we should all feel his pain and hate Rafa is just fuckin tedious now. Xabis not a fuckin kid, he's a man and he should act like one. As it happens it seems like he is, but some of our fans arent and need to grow the fuck up it's not Xabi Alonso FC, nor is it Anti Rafa FC. Get behind your manager.

The only people keeping up this "Rafa hates Xabi, Xabi hates Rafa" are forumites, and this is fuelling the bottom-feeding plebs the make up the tabloid media. No doubt they read forums like this to gives their stories a juicy angle. Ideally, neither Rafa nor Xabi should need to explain themselves to the media, they should just be able to get on with it like the professionals they are.

Surely some of you need to realise that your agendas (not talking about anyone in particular) are being read and used to give mileage to these non-stories. You might not like the way some things happen at this club but bleating on about it until it somehow passes as fact in the media is not in anybody's best interests. Wind your necks in.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I would have known that before taking my lad out of school and going to tottenham for the carling cup.

Any chance we could have a trip to wembley? I'd love some of that

Did you not go to Spurs in the 2004/2005, when we beat em with the second string ?

I think its fair to say most people could see that coming, didnt Rick or Bascombe prewarn you before the game ?

Spent 40m last year on shit, that's not hands behind back.

bubble? I've watched and loved this club for too long to know what's right or wrong, do not prech to me about LFC.

With it all taken into account by my reckoning we spent 4m last summer, once Keane went back to Spurs.

Or doesnt that suit your view ?

Sorry to upset the apple cart, but I think those two signings by rafa are token gestures. They have no influence whats so ever.

*Note to self, must use the + quote thingy*

Oh come on, now Dalglish and Sammy are 'token gestures' thats an insult to both men. Dalglish has far too much love for this club and integrity to take up some post on a PR stunt ditto Sammy.

I also think you do Sammys work a disservice, I think his return has been important in our upturn in the league. Fergie has always suffered without his right hand man, Rafa went for 18 months without one. Can;'t believe you'd show a lack of respect for a hard working, local lad and loyal club servant like Sammy.

You really are now scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Rafa was responsible for Robbie Keane failing here. He signed him, fucked him around, dropped him after scoring goals and totally shot his confidence to pieces.

Out of all the major signings made last season. Keane, Riera, Dossena, Degen, N'Gog, none of them were regulars in the first team at the end of the season which speaks volumes.

The only one who had a decent impact over the course of the season was Riera and even that is me being kind to him. We wasted our budget last summer with that scattergun approach. Yet you aren't allowedto say that Rafa has ever done anything wrong on here.

I read today Dossena may be going to Napoli. Not for 7m he won't which was our outlay. We will no doubt be paying his contract off as well as he didn't ask for a transfer so we have wasted a fortune there yet the manager isn't being held to task for this. Why?

Once Keane returned to whence he came, we spent 4m last summer. Did we get 4m worth out of Riera ? Yes we did and then some !

We would have payed Keane upwards of 80 grand a week during his time here so his 6 month stay here cost us probably in the region of 2m quid on wages alone.

Ah, so you are also a believer in the cost of wages being an important factor in a clubs finances. Thats you and Rashid who are commenting on Wages, therefore looks like Catch22 has won you all round.

Congrats to Catch 22, well spoken up !

People asking me to let it drop regarding Rafa. How many times do I have to say that I think RAFA IS AN OUTSTANDING COACH, ONE OF THE BEST IN WORLD FOOTBALL. What gets me though is someone as single minded as Rafa allowing this Macia fella to dictate these wasters we have signed to him and I have it on good authority Rafa hadn't even watched Dossena. What type of transfer approach is that? One that will get us into big trouble if we aren't careful. I have nothing personal against Rafa, like I don't know him personally for a start, but I have issues with some of his methods which aren't being questioned like I said regarding transfer strategy being the main issue and if the club isn't benefitting from that then why shouldn't I question it?

I read shite like Rafa is our best manager since Paisley and realize that this place has gone cuckoo. Kenny and Uncle Joe Fagan's reigns in charge being pushed under the carpet like they never existed and they were neve our manager.

My points last night were in the main nothing to do with Rafa but yet again things get twisted on here. I was merely pointing out our transfer ''strategy'' while this Macia prick has some say at what is going on at the club.

With regard to Macia, I think your focussing on the wrong person by having a poop at Rafa.

When Rafa first came, it was Herrera as chief scout, Rafa trusted him and presumably, on Herreras say so, Rafa singed Reina, Xabi, Garcia and a few others some were successs, some clearly werent Mark Gonzalez anyone, or even Josemi.

Rafa is now placing that same faith in Macia, as its Macias job. Macia will live and die by the quality of player he recomends to Rafa. Off the top of my head, we've signed Skrtel, Masch, Torres and Agger on Macias watch and they have all been decent signings.

Last summer was a complete wash out, bar Riera, so Macia needs to step up. If he deosnt the first person questioning him will be Rafa, you can be sure of that.

So Rafa and Herrera between them, had some hits, some misses. Rafa and Macia have had some hits and some misses. But overall the transfer policy has increased the strength of th squad and therefore must be considered a success.

Which is why I was so shocked when I heard this and like I say I trust this person 110% who told me this. He has no reason to lie about it.

BUt its not who you trust people dout John. Its the person who told you, or the person that told them. UNless you spoke to Rafa (thought, somehow I doubt you would trust him 110% ;) ) then you dont know if he'd seen him play or not.

Otherwise I can't see Rafa turning round to anyone, players included and saying ' yeah Id never seen him play before'.

atk has followed Liverpool through thick and thin all of hi life and his opinion deserves and warrants respect.

So ATK knows more bout football than Rafa ? Im sorry, if ATK makes statments like thgat his opinion is worthless. If ATK has so much knowledge why has he championed Paul Jewell as manager ? I suppose we could have ATK taking over the Sammy role. You could do Macias job if you like ?

The only people keeping up this "Rafa hates Xabi, Xabi hates Rafa" are forumites, and this is fuelling the bottom-feeding plebs the make up the tabloid media. No doubt they read forums like this to gives their stories a juicy angle. Ideally, neither Rafa nor Xabi should need to explain themselves to the media, they should just be able to get on with it like the professionals they are.

Surely some of you need to realise that your agendas (not talking about anyone in particular) are being read and used to give mileage to these non-stories. You might not like the way some things happen at this club but bleating on about it until it somehow passes as fact in the media is not in anybody's best interests. Wind your necks in.

So what your saying is read, digest and remember Real Reds excellent posts ont he subject ?

I agree.

Fuckin hell I know I had a go at Rafa last year but give the man his due, since he has signed his contract there has been no reason to think he is anything but the best man for the job. (apart from El Zahir)

For such a big organisation as Liverpool FC signing a player from South America and the problem with fake passports anyway that should have been one of the first things to have been checked don't you think?

No the first thing should have been about his ability to play footie and improve the LFC squad and for once I think we agree there, that Leto wasnt good enough.

With regard to Macia, I think your focussing on the wrong person by having a poop at Rafa.

I agree with every one of your posts above. Very well put together and not full of the ill conceived arguments built on hatred we are seeing from others.

However, your line above caused me to piss myself laughing in a totally childish way.

I agree with every one of your posts above. Very well put together and not full of the ill conceived arguments built on hatred we are seeing from others.

However, your line above caused me to piss myself laughing in a totally childish way.

Hmm, I got my pops and poops mixed up, should have worn glovess !

No the first thing should have been about his ability to play footie and improve the LFC squad and for once I think we agree there, that Leto wasnt good enough.

I don't.

He was bought mainly because he had long, flowing hair. Rafa knew we were missing something on the left wing, because Gonzalez had pace and shiny boots but never produced, and he - correctly - decided that long hair was the final piece of the jigsaw. When you want someone with long hair, your first port of call is Argentina, then heavy metal, then the mysterious world of woman.

Leto's arrival was an important step in the development of the team. He was always there, in the background, ringing the passport office, having longer hair than anyone in the squad. His return from Greece, where I believe he punched coach Ernesto Valverde for recommending an Elvive conditioner, brought about the cutting of Lucas' hair, which, and I think we all agree here, has made him a better player, now that he looks less like Axl Rose's transsexual brother/sister. Thus, the tiny loss we made on Leto (when wages and salon fees are taken into account) has actually provided us with both an adequate central midfielder and a man who serves as recipient for all our bile. A bilebag, if you will.

So ATK knows more bout football than Rafa ? Im sorry, if ATK makes statments like thgat his opinion is worthless. If ATK has so much knowledge why has he championed Paul Jewell as manager ? I suppose we could have ATK taking over the Sammy role. You could do Macias job if you like ?

Hahahahahahaha!

Paul Jewell!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It also makes me think fan ownership would be a terrible idea.

Exactly so - everytime Torres missed a chance, everytime Kuyt miscontrolled a pass, everytime a Gerrard corner struck the first defender, everytime Reina misjudged a punch and everytime Lucas or Babel was on the teamsheet there would be this horrible clunking noise from the directors box as the sound of jerking knees echoed around the ground.

I don't.

He was bought mainly because he had long, flowing hair. Rafa knew we were missing something on the left wing, because Gonzalez had pace and shiny boots but never produced, and he - correctly - decided that long hair was the final piece of the jigsaw. When you want someone with long hair, your first port of call is Argentina, then heavy metal, then the mysterious world of woman.

Leto's arrival was an important step in the development of the team. He was always there, in the background, ringing the passport office, having longer hair than anyone in the squad. His return from Greece, where I believe he punched coach Ernesto Valverde for recommending an Elvive conditioner, brought about the cutting of Lucas' hair, which, and I think we all agree here, has made him a better player, now that he looks less like Axl Rose's transsexual brother/sister. Thus, the tiny loss we made on Leto (when wages and salon fees are taken into account) has actually provided us with both an adequate central midfielder and a man who serves as recipient for all our bile. A bilebag, if you will.

At last some balance, sanity and sense to this thread. Repped.

(Oh I can't now, will do it tomorrow!)