You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Been down to my local tonight and they have their own brewery in the cellar. Their new beer was something I'd not seen before called 'Wendy'. It was excellent.

Remmie got me thinking about Weissbier and the best beer I've ever had was in the Sony Centre in Berlin. It had it's own brewery and the equipment is visible in the bar. I had a glass of Wiessbier in there which was absolutely superb. Unfortunately I've no idea of what it was.

Edited by Karl
deleted half the post

Tastes a bit shitty, but not bad. Plenty of Aussies swear by it:

VB_Stubbie.jpg

VB? Some idiot had Carlton Draught and Tooheys as well. Talk about being completely and utterly wrong, it’s like saying Carling or Tetleys is your favourite beer. Goana’s gonads.

How about a bit of Mountain Goat Hightail Ale, or James Squire Amber Ale, or Little Creatures Pale Ale, or Coopers or Boags, maybe a nice Crackenback? There are some decent drops down here.

So, you should chill this bottled ale then?

It depends on the ale and your own tastes really, I like my bottled ale chilled unless its more of a real aley type of affair. Something like Waggledance or Bishops Finger is better at room temp, but a Spitfire or a Thwaites Thoroughbred Gold is nicer chilled for me.

That's how we talk, you soft Southern ponce.

You want working on boy

withnail-and-i-michael-elphick-as-jake-the-poacher1.jpg

That is one of my fave scenes and fave lines from an fillum in 'Istry. When we young 'uns back in Uni Days 'you want working on boy' was the stock response every time somebody RiS'd up or said summat too stupid for comprehension.