You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Added Time, Mascots and Mother Goose

Nunavut Patrick

Alright,

First half and Bolton get a late corner. The little ticking clock says 45:48 on my telly here. Where the hell did Phil Dowd find a minute of injury, substitution, time wasting in that first half? And couldn't Styles realize that play had been continious. There were what, 5 fouls, one goal with one fuck of a muted goal celebration and Reira took a bitch slap but the play wasn't stopped. I'd be fuming if that goal had stood, not because Reina was fouled, which I don't think he really was, but because the half is over, we actually had possession 30 seconds into 'added time'. Added time is just a way for some 4th official nob to get his mug on tv.

Someone should tell these nobheads that the whistle can be blown at 45 mins.

Mascots, not the little shits that hold hands and walk out, but the ones in costumes. At first I couldn't figure out why Bolton Wanderers have a lion? There are no lions in Bolton, there is no zoo. But then seeing all the St George flags I guess that's why, but then why aren't there 3 lion mascots? Did Allardycye nick two of them for some sick panto/fetish night? And the Arsenal mascot, what the hell is that? Looks like a cross between an salt water croc and a Jap godzilla movie prop. I have no time for Arsenal but I will admit they have a decent history and are a proper club so why lower it with a fucking lizard??

And, I see Wenger is not wearing the puffy coat but is playin the role of Mother Goose as all his subs are wearing puffy coats. Look at them all huddled in the subs chairs cuddling from the terrible cold London weather. I bet they'd all scatter like scared little goslings if Wolverhampton's mascot showed up, but it'd first have to outsmart that lizard thing with 99 on its' back.

I noticed that mascot and couldn't believe it. At the start of the match, half time and at the end ok, but at the side of the pitch all the way through? Fucking madness! Can you imagine being sat there at the front and that big daft thing is walking past you every two minutes? I'd go mental.

And I don't care what other clubs have them aswell, it just seems ridiculous to have one of those things in the way of people who've payed to watch a match.

A few years ago LFC were considering having a mascot based on the Liver Bird called Anfield Arnie to march round the pitch

We did actually have one for a while. The club shop used to sell Anfield Arnie merchandise around 95-96 and there was someone dressed up on the pitch as him for one of the FA Youth cup games that season.