You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

sir roger

Congrats to Harrington. 2 majors back-to-back & I think first european for donkeys years to win the PGA.

I know he's always been a decent player , but when did he suddenly become so much better than the other Brits/Irish

He's been the best Irish/British player for the last 5-6 years, I reckon. He's always been up and about the leaderboard at majors and he probably should have won one before. The first Open obviously opened the gate for him and now he knows how to win them.

His first Open win has done wonders for him. He knows he can win a major now, and he's got the nerves to pull it off. Hopefully he'll capitalise on this and win a few more over the coming years.

I'm not particularly into golf but Harrington seems like a really nice guy so I'm made up that he's won the USPGA and is having all this success.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Harrington is turning into a machine. Ice cool, steady under fire and gets the job done and ups a gear when it matters. Thoroughly deserved and a pleasure to watch.

Wait a fucking minute.. Wait a fucking minute..

'so much better than other brits/irish'???????

'he's been the best british/irish player'???????

There is fuck all british about him. Pure thoroughbred irish. ANd a machine. What a display of putting yesterday..

Wait a fucking minute.. Wait a fucking minute..

'so much better than other brits/irish'???????

'he's been the best british/irish player'???????

There is fuck all british about him. Pure thoroughbred irish. ANd a machine. What a display of putting yesterday..

Irish is british. Everyone knows that. A point of Guinness and a funny accent don't make you a separate country, so it doesn't.

That last round was excellent with Harrington, Garcia and Curtis all playing great golf. I think Garcia is where Harrington was a few years ago, getting close in the majors but just not winning, when he wins one he will win a few just as Harrington has done. That British Open last year did wonders for Harrington as it just gave him that extra bit of belief and that has been the difference. He will now hopefully lead Europe to victory against the US in the Ryder Cup!!

Amazing when you look at his 3 major wins as he's won them all completely differently. The first Open he was damn lucky in the end. The next Open he blew everyone away, and this PGA he ground it out with amazing par savers from 15 feet. Great stufff. Roll on the Ryder CUp.

Irish is british. Everyone knows that. A point of Guinness and a funny accent don't make you a separate country, so it doesn't.

:eek:

If I had the power to neg I'd do it. Partly for not spelling "pint" correctly and partly for what you said. If this was 20 years ago I could have Gerry Adams on your doorstep with a sawn off in his hand and a balaclava over his face. Sadly they have these laws now that mean we can't do that any more, instead I'll send you a strongly worded letter.

If I had the power to neg I'd do it. Partly for not spelling "pint" correctly and partly for what you said. If this was 20 years ago I could have Gerry Adams on your doorstep with a sawn off in his hand and a balaclava over his face. Sadly they have these laws now that mean we can't do that any more, instead I'll send you a strongly worded letter.

Clearly I was spelling pint with an oirish accent so the riverdancing part of Britain could understand.

I think really if you are that close geographically, you speak our language, and half your expat population is working in the lower-paid section of our public sector services, then you can't complain about being called british.

I didn't realise that it was legal 20 years ago! If only I had known Gerry Adams then!

Clearly I was spelling pint with an oirish accent so the riverdancing part of Britain could understand.

I think really if you are that close geographically, you speak our language, and half your expat population is working in the lower-paid section of our public sector services, then you can't complain about being called british.

Clearly :whistle:

So because we're close geographically we have to be British? That would make the Portugese Spaniards and the Mexicans Americans. What a fucking ridiculous thing to say.

Yes we speak English, as do alot of the fucking world. The only reason we speak it is because it was forced down the throats of Irish people by the cunts who invaded OUR country, people were shot for speaking Gaeilge (Oirish in your language) by the Black and Tans.

Also because people went to another country to find work that makes those who stayed British? In that case half of fucking Asia must be European.

Every country should have a right to govern itself, no matter what some cunt with a big army decides. Fact is that the 26 counties are a Republic and I'm proud to call myself Irish, along with 99.9% of the population in the Republic. Could you say the same thing about Britain? Are people proud to be British? I know I'm Irish before I'm a Dub, but are people, on this site even, British before they're scousers(or wherever they're from)? Wouldn't say so.

Congrats to Harrington. 2 majors back-to-back & I think first european for donkeys years to win the PGA.

I know he's always been a decent player , but when did he suddenly become so much better than the other Brits/Irish

Sorry if I caused this spat , I meant that as a casual golf fan , the Brits & Irish are the only ones I am really interested in performance wise.

I didn't mean it to end with 23CG sat in a corner doing Voronin impressions !!!

Clearly :whistle:

So because we're close geographically we have to be British? That would make the Portugese Spaniards and the Mexicans Americans. What a fucking ridiculous thing to say.

Yes we speak English, as do alot of the fucking world. The only reason we speak it is because it was forced down the throats of Irish people by the cunts who invaded OUR country, people were shot for speaking Gaeilge (Oirish in your language) by the Black and Tans.

Also because people went to another country to find work that makes those who stayed British? In that case half of fucking Asia must be European.

Every country should have a right to govern itself, no matter what some cunt with a big army decides. Fact is that the 26 counties are a Republic and I'm proud to call myself Irish, along with 99.9% of the population in the Republic. Could you say the same thing about Britain? Are people proud to be British? I know I'm Irish before I'm a Dub, but are people, on this site even, British before they're scousers(or wherever they're from)? Wouldn't say so.

You've just gone and caught yourself in a Noos...

Amazing when you look at his 3 major wins as he's won them all completely differently. The first Open he was damn lucky in the end. The next Open he blew everyone away, and this PGA he ground it out with amazing par savers from 15 feet. Great stufff. Roll on the Ryder CUp.

Fuck the Ryder Cup, I hate it. It gets loads of attention and it's importance is massively overstated by the media in this country. America clearly don't give a fuck about it, and that's why over the last x number of years Europe have done well. Europeans don't do well in majors (Harrington's recent successes aside) but they always win the Ryder Cup. Why? Because America don't care. The best thing that could happen this year is that America prove me wrong and batter Europe. Which they probably will because Nick Faldo is a prick.

Fuck the Ryder Cup, I hate it. It gets loads of attention and it's importance is massively overstated by the media in this country. America clearly don't give a fuck about it, and that's why over the last x number of years Europe have done well. Europeans don't do well in majors (Harrington's recent successes aside) but they always win the Ryder Cup. Why? Because America don't care. The best thing that could happen this year is that America prove me wrong and batter Europe. Which they probably will because Nick Faldo is a prick.

Good rant. I reckon the US will win this time, because Tiger isn't playing and because most of the players don't like Faldo.

It's not that the US don't care about the Ryder Cup, it's that their players are not good enough. Take Woods, Mickelson & Furyk out of the US team and the rest are average golfers. They also have a big problem in getting the team concept.

You may hate it, but loads love it and the matchplay format and I can't wait for it. It gets the media attention because it's a massively popular tournement. Just wait and see the viewing figures for it.

I think the US will be better for Woods not being there as the rest of the team will have to step up. The Americans are desperate to win the cup back and it'll be a great close match this year and I actually think the yanks are going to do it.