You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"They are getting closer but whether they are getting close enough, I don't know. They are lacking in a few areas.

"Fernando Torres was a fantastic signing. He plugged that 20-goal-a-season gap. Last season, Stevie Gerrard played just behind him but even if he can adapt to that, you lose something from the centre of midfield when you take him out.

"He has an all-round game. Not only can he score goals but he can defend and he can tackle. He has to be one of the best two or three in the world in that role.

"To put him back in midfield, you have to get someone who can complement Torres. Robbie Keane is a rumour, and he would be a tremendous signing. He will score goals and make goals for Torres."

"You can ask if the players in the wide areas are good enough compared to the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal who haveCristiano Ronaldo, Joe Cole and Tomas Rosicky.

"If you are going to win the Premier League, you have to compare the players you have in your positions to those in other teams. Is the quality as abundant at Liverpool as it is at other clubs?

Maybe not. When I was there, we came close and finished second. You would think it would progress after that but we didn't kick on.

"I don't know too much about the financial situation there but Liverpool don't seem to have the funds that Manchester United and Chelsea have got.

"That seems strange. The worldwide following of Liverpool and the opportunity for marketing should bring in enough for them to compete better.

"But it seems that they are allowed one big signing in the summer instead of two or three and that might be the difference.

"Rafa is not getting the backing he deserves."

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Impressed with that last line as Murphy would have more right than most to be spiteful than most, and it's also a very good assessment of where we are.

Think it's strange they left the line out about Queresma though, probably didn't want us to be implicated in another tapping up scandal.

There's two issues at work though, the current ownership issues and the way the club has been mismanaged at all levels for the past two decades. You wouldn't really expect any backing from these two cunts anyway, but the comment about LFC not being in a position to compete despite its worldwide fanbase is a seperate issue and one the former owners and Parry are rightly blamed for.

Even the likes of Spurs, who from the outside look like they're spending a lot, are having to balance the books and move players on before they can buy.

The all conquering Tottenham Hotspur. "Even the likes of Spurs." You really do wonders to back up your point by comparing our situation to that of a team that is famed for its underachievement and mediocrity. Nice one.

What a load of lazy uniformed shite that is.

Thomas Rosisky? Haha.

As for not having as much to spend as Chelsea and Man Utd...no, really. I'm genuinley shocked. Well in Danny, Mr intelligence.

We're currently in the middle of a world wide credit crisis, which has done nothing to bring the prices of players down, and every club, except for you-know-who, are having to count the pennies, hence the lack of real transfer moves so far.

Even the likes of Spurs, who from the outside look like they're spending a lot, are having to balance the books and move players on before they can buy.

Regardless of how much we have to spend, we're still likely to bring in two top class expensive players this summer to add to Torres, Masch, Babel in the space of a year, and if that's not enough for a credible title challenge, then we might aswell give up now.

Our real problems are 'mentality' and approach, but most will continue to ignore that to play the noble fan and cling to the lack of backing' blanket to justify their support of the manager.

Ps. Is Keane still having his medical in Liverpool?

*titter*

Is the liver any better?

What a load of lazy uniformed shite that is.

Thomas Rosisky? Haha.

As for not having as much to spend as Chelsea and Man Utd...no, really. I'm genuinley shocked. Well in Danny, Mr intelligence.

We're currently in the middle of a world wide credit crisis, which has done nothing to bring the prices of players down, and every club, except for you-know-who, are having to count the pennies, hence the lack of real transfer moves so far.

Regardless of how much we have to spend, we're still likely to bring in two top class expensive players this summer to add to Torres, Masch, Babel in the space of a year, and if that's not enough for a credible title challenge, then we might aswell give up now.

Our real problems are 'mentality' and approach, but most will continue to ignore that to play the noble fan and cling to the lack of backing' blanket to justify their support of the manager.

Ps. Is Keane still having his medical in Liverpool?

*titter*

*Rummages around in his toolbox and finds a .......

SPANNER

Everyone seems to be complaining about lack of funds. But you don't hear Benitez complaining. He's quick to speak out when he's not happy - we saw that after the Champs League final when he said he wanted the club to be more pro active.

I get the impression Benitez is happy selling players, as he is always looking to improve the squad, upgrade positions and these players are bringing in relatively large funds.

I don't think lack of money is going to be the reason why we won't win the league next season. A team that has Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Carragher, Alonso (or Barry), Mascherano, Gerrard, Babel and Torres SHOULD challenge for the league.

I expect we will do.

Everyone seems to be complaining about lack of funds. But you don't hear Benitez complaining. He's quick to speak out when he's not happy - we saw that after the Champs League final when he said he wanted the club to be more pro active.

I get the impression Benitez is happy selling players, as he is always looking to improve the squad, upgrade positions and these players are bringing in relatively large funds.

I don't think lack of money is going to be the reason why we won't win the league next season. A team that has Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Carragher, Alonso (or Barry), Mascherano, Gerrard, Babel and Torres SHOULD challenge for the league.

I expect we will do.

We should challenge as we have a strong spine to the team, but have we got a strong enough squad and have we got an inventive player like a Deco or a Ronaldo?

We should challenge as we have a strong spine to the team, but have we got a strong enough squad and have we got an inventive player like a Deco or a Ronaldo?

I think between Gerrard and Torres we have enough invention and I expect Keane to help with this.

If Babel can raise his game that would be a bonus.

Rafa won't speak out anymore, last time he spoke out, he nearly lost his job. Rafa not saying anything means just that, he's said nothing.

And I do also think that the most important thing for him is to know what he has to work with. Obviously he wants as much as possible, but as long as he knows what he has to work with, he can start his work.

Rafa won't speak out anymore, last time he spoke out, he nearly lost his job. Rafa not saying anything means just that, he's said nothing.

But he says he's happy with the situation.

Therefore I don't think he's got a problem with lack of money. He's raising enough funds to get the players he wants.

I miss Murphy.

I always liked him. He was only a yard or two of pace and a touch more concentration away from being a top class player. On his day he had fantastic vision, a great pass on him and knew where the goal was.

I always liked him. He was only a yard or two of pace and a touch more concentration away from being a top class player. On his day he had fantastic vision, a great pass on him and knew where the goal was.

I miss Danny; not because of his technical abilities, becuase he knew he was relatively lucky to be where he was and had to have that little bit of magic to make him work as a player.

For the club to progress there is no space for the Danny Murphys of this world, and that's where football dies a little in my opinion.

I miss Danny; not because of his technical abilities, becuase he knew he was relatively lucky to be where he was and had to have that little bit of magic to make him work as a player.

For the club to progress there is no space for the Danny Murphys of this world, and that's where football dies a little in my opinion.

Do not be troubled, we still have the mighty DIRK KUYT.

Danny Murhpy......

A player of small talent, good work rate, average technique but played with his heart. You could see it on the field every time he played. He could not be compared to the others but he gave it his all, I was so glad Fulham stayed up and one of the reasons was down to Murphy.

We need more players with his mentality....