You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you give up Torres to save LFC

Anny Road

Just reading all this shite about Torres to Chelsea and it is obvious if they could offer anything 200 million if they wanted.

This reminded me of a conversation with a mate who argues that the yanks are good for the club and have enabled us to sign top players.

Now I know my mate would change his stance dramatically if we were to sell Torres.

So simple question. If the yanks were to cash in on Torres which lead to mass protests and us finally getting rid would you do the unthinkable?

They won't offer more than £50m. Even at that he's not worth selling. The club is bigger than any player or manager but the impact the lad has had and the amazing following he has quickly had means its virtually beome unsellable.

I've never known such a following for one particular player. Its mental.

They won't offer more than £50m. Even at that he's not worth selling. The club is bigger than any player or manager but the impact the lad has had and the amazing following he has quickly had means its virtually beome unsellable.

I've never known such a following for one particular player. Its mental.

This

No I dont. I think he is the clubs future and should never be sold.

If he was sold we may well see a half empty stadium for the first game of the season.

Season tickets sent back and the yanks in real real hot water with the non forum reading fan.

If it meant getting rid of the yanks would you consider it?

It is a bollocks question but one I cannot answer.

No I dont. I think he is the clubs future and should never be sold.

If he was sold we may well see a half empty stadium for the first game of the season.

Season tickets sent back and the yanks in real real hot water with the non forum reading fan.

If it meant getting rid of the yanks would you consider it?

It is a bollocks question but one I cannot answer.

Oh I understand, you meant the wake up call would be the Yanks selling Torres. Makes sense. With that said it is in no way worth it. Eventually these cunts will expose themselves to everybody as complete and utter wankers, we don't need to sell Torres for that to happen.

80m plus wed have to sell

Villa & Young and 40m in the bank

Never thought I would say this but Red Nick in talking sense shocker. Problem is Nik 40m would not be in our bank.

Plus would Villa come if we sold Torres.

I would like to clarify that this is not an agenda I just know a lot of die hard reds who are not at all arsed about the yanks. If we sign a top player ie Villa this summer Hicks will be untouchable.

Hicks will be untouchable.

He is anyway. Regardless of the great intentions of SOS and RTK etc etc. Hicks will only sell/fuck off on his terms. I think the stubborn old goat is going to be around for a while yet. If he allows Rafa to sign another top, top class player this summer then great, it won't make me like him or laothe him anymore but it'll be good for Liverpool FC and thats all the counts for me.

He is anyway. Regardless of the great intentions of SOS and RTK etc etc. Hicks will only sell/fuck off on his terms. I think the stubborn old goat is going to be around for a while yet. If he allows Rafa to sign another top, top class player this summer then great, it won't make me like him or laothe him anymore but it'll be good for Liverpool FC and thats all the counts for me.

So my point is selling Torres would get rid.

Never thought I would say this but Red Nick in talking sense shocker. Problem is Nik 40m would not be in our bank.

Plus would Villa come if we sold Torres.

I would like to clarify that this is not an agenda I just know a lot of die hard reds who are not at all arsed about the yanks. If we sign a top player ie Villa this summer Hicks will be untouchable.

Thats why I am not that upset about the Milner and other rumours this maybe a ploy on Rafa/Hicks part to look good when we sign a couple of good players with everyone relieved that Hicks sanctioned funds rather than buying crap.

One thing is for sure in the next two weeks after Euros finished it will become very clear who to believe

id sell for 70 million, you`d be stupid not to

Then call me stupid.

The majority of the cash paid would just go to help refinancing the loan, i.e. they wouldn't have to ask for as much.

Selling Torres at any price would be retarded. Plus he could attract Villa or any number of other top players. Plus he brings a ton of commercial revenue to the club. Plus some of our other players and possibly Rafa would leave out of disgust.

No signing or sale would 'save LFC'.

So nerr.

In the present state, any profit recouped would go out the door in dividends, so absolutely no. If I thought the sale would bring in, say 60million, and it would be used as a basis with which to finance three world class players, you'd need to think about it.

If I thought for a minute that any funds raised would go back into the team then we'd be daft not accept a stupid of £60 or £70m. But it wouldn't the money would go straight into the Bank of H&G.

So I wouldn't sell at any price.[/quote/]

thats right if they accepted an offer for torres and he left they would put about 20 million back into the team out of a possible 60/70 million