You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Their Could be Trouble Ahead

Only-Me

Not counting chickens and don't forget the trouble when our club done nothing till the last minute when we wa scheduled to play Blackburn Rovers on the 15th well

April 14/15, 2009 Quarter Finals Champions League, 2nd leg

I really can't see UEFA moving this to a week later, but it needs addressing now, we can't wait till the week before after the 1st leg and start whinging, Liverpool should never play on the 15th of April, NEVER :wallbutt:

Do nothing now.

To make an issue of it (no disrespect intended) would sound very arrogant.

How would we feel that during the summer the likes of Arsenal, chavs or R. Madrid asked for the QF 2nd leg tie be moved as it clashed with an important date in the clubs history? We'd be calling them every name under the sun. "How dare they presume they'll even get that far, anything can happen between then and now." would be the cry.

As for UEFA shifting it for us.

You must be joking.

If half the team went down with bird flu they'd still have us play the match!

Do nothing now.

To make an issue of it (no disrespect intended) would sound very arrogant.

How would we feel that during the summer the likes of Arsenal, chavs or R. Madrid asked for the QF 2nd leg tie be moved as it clashed with an important date in the clubs history? We'd be calling them every name under the sun. "How dare they presume they'll even get that far, anything can happen between then and now." would be the cry.

As for UEFA shifting it for us.

You must be joking.

If half the team went down with bird flu they'd still have us play the match!

It doesn't have to be done in the Newspapers - thats called diplomacy.

Sort it Parry!

It doesn't have to be done in the Newspapers - thats called diplomacy.

Sort it Parry!

You really relying on Parry to sort it out?

You forgotten the ticket fiasco?

Parry and having any balls resemble my excuse for not completing my homework.

The dog ate it!

Very good shout to point it out.

However our club is run by men with all the intelligence and thinking skills of ironing boards- getting something done soon may prove difficult, unless we could arrange Coco and Platini et al to meet in an Early Learning Centre.

The thing is the club will already know about it. When we almost played Blackburn on the Anniversary two years ago the club were left with no doubt about the feelings of the families of victims and the rest of the supporters about not playing on that day.

During the memorial service that year, Phil Hammond mentioned it during his speech and I'm pretty sure all those connected with the HFSG, HJC and Justice for Hillsborough will reiterate this to the club closer to the time.

I might be wrong but I don't think this situation will happen again.

We should inform them before the draw, IF we are in it. And they can put a condition like the Inter AC thing.

Calling them now would not work, and it will get to the media who will have a field day.

Beat me to it, cant see it being a problem.

We should inform them before the draw, IF we are in it. And they can put a condition like the Inter AC thing.

Calling them now would not work, and it will get to the media who will have a field day.

It doesn't have to be done through the media. Just a simple letter asking them to respect the families of the victims should be enough.

The thing is the club will already know about it. When we almost played Blackburn on the Anniversary two years ago the club were left with no doubt about the feelings of the families of victims and the rest of the supporters about not playing on that day.

During the memorial service that year, Phil Hammond mentioned it during his speech and I'm pretty sure all those connected with the HFSG, HJC and Justice for Hillsborough will reiterate this to the club closer to the time.

I might be wrong but I don't think this situation will happen again.

Sound that Rob, i forgot about Phil saying that at the time. shouldn't be a prolem if he gets informed earlier enough.

Mountains and Mole Hills

should we get to the stage we would play on the 14th as there is a two day window in which games can be played

We would then make a request to play on the 14th or they could do what they did with Millan if my memory is correct when they played a week later so they have allowed a date to be moved in the past

Failing that we could conceed the tie and refuse to play on the 15th and show the true LIVERPOOL WAY is still going

Somethings mean more in life than a QF game there will be other years to play in Europe God willing

That date is sacred to Liverpool Fans i dont see a problem that doesnt have a solution

It doesn't have to be done through the media. Just a simple letter asking them to respect the families of the victims should be enough.

I know that.

But its Platini ( who fucking danced when they won at Heysel ) and that twat Gaillard.

Can almost see them with a press release the moment we send them a letter, Liverpool Fc have requested not to be given the Quarter final draw where they have to play on the 15th of April 2009.

Not counting chickens and don't forget the trouble when our club done nothing till the last minute when we wa scheduled to play Blackburn Rovers on the 15th well

April 14/15, 2009 Quarter Finals Champions League, 2nd leg

I really can't see UEFA moving this to a week later, but it needs addressing now, we can't wait till the week before after the 1st leg and start whinging, Liverpool should never play on the 15th of April, NEVER :wallbutt:

We should never ever play on the 15th April again.