You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moraira or Calpe ?

elvis

I have been to Calpe. It was very pretty and had some lovely beaches.

I was only about 13 though, so it may have changed a bit, and my idea of great night-life at that age was somewhere that sold huge ice-cream sundaes and some spaceys.

Thanks Silver, how much could it have changed in 2 years though ?

:whistle:

Of the two I prefer Moraira, more restaurants, bars and so on. Both areas though are starting to lose some of thir charms and the restaurants are stopping the menu del dias of an evening and putting up prices as well. Xabia or Javea to the north of Moraira is also worth a look, split into 3 parts, a touristy part, the port area and the old town usually has something for everyone and has a more spanish feel, another bet could be to look north of Valencia , Peniscola, Alcossebre and Benicassim all have their good points

Of the two I prefer Moraira, more restaurants, bars and so on. Both areas though are starting to lose some of thir charms and the restaurants are stopping the menu del dias of an evening and putting up prices as well. Xabia or Javea to the north of Moraira is also worth a look, split into 3 parts, a touristy part, the port area and the old town usually has something for everyone and has a more spanish feel, another bet could be to look north of Valencia , Peniscola, Alcossebre and Benicassim all have their good points

Im looking at Peniscola and it does seem pretty good, im looking for "real spain", without being a pretentious twat, i just prefer the laid back and friendly atmosphere .We went to Grazalema near Rhonda last year and it was

wonderful.

Im looking at Peniscola and it does seem pretty good, im looking for "real spain", without being a pretentious twat, i just prefer the laid back and friendly atmosphere .We went to Grazalema near Rhonda last year and it was

wonderful.

Is that really a place or are you making it up ? Is it close to Fannylemo ?

• 2 months later...
I stayed in Peniscola for the Benicassim music festival. It has a nice beach and few if any English but I wouldn't say it's anything spectacular. Got good value on an apartment though.

No surprise there then !

We ended up in denia , which was nice , thank god i didnt take Tom Rs advice and pick Calpe. Moraira was really nice but a fair few cockneys on the main beach.

I'm sorely tempted to write something deeply offensive, as you do with my threads, elvis old boy. Thing is though, I only read the tags you come up with and just the odd offensive post if someone else quotes it so really I find it rather hilarious that you actually bother posting in my direction at all. No doubt you'll reply to this with a frightfully funny tag or something. Maybe you should stick me on your ignore list and move on, as I've done with you. Maybe you should stop making offensive remarks about other peoples' girlfriends and get one of your own too, whilst you're at it.