You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I and my colleagues and representatives will continue to explore a number of other options with regard to the ownership of Kop and the club aimed at achieving an appropriate ownership, financial and organizational structure for Kop and the club over the long term,"

That statement just proves what a blagger the guy is, as Bill Hicks once said ( I wonder if they are related )

The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride...

But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love.

But BBC Radio 5 Live's football correspondent Jonathan Legard understands that DIC will not be deterred from their interest in Liverpool.

"DIC are not discouraged and the show will go on," said Legard. "There are plenty more twists and turns to come."

But BBC Radio 5 Live's football correspondent Jonathan Legard understands that DIC will not be deterred from their interest in Liverpool.

"DIC are not discouraged and the show will go on," said Legard. "There are plenty more twists and turns to come."

Quotes? Sources? ...Any blades of grass to hold on to?

Start with a hammer, but if you don't want to get up close and personal then I would suggest some kind of snipers rifle maybe.

AS I said; people like yourself saying things like that without meaning it will only lead to sympathy for Hicks. So, stop acting like an idiot and start comming up with constructive solutions instead of handing out favours to him.

It doesn't have to be a reason, but it can make a difference. How can they trust DIC not to block certain moves that could hurt them? If I had a business and wanted a new partner, I'd not be keen on someone who I was concerned I couldn't trust. The committee idea was already an issue, because that's what made life harder under Gillett. Sometimes lots of little things help you decide on something.

Agree with every word.

It's pretending to fight dirty, not fighting dirty. It's threatening meets at Otterspool, before hiding behind your liver spots. It's the Gary Neville way of being a hardman.

Not if it works its not, I am sure a few people have been hounded out of their respective postions in this way, andreas frisk being one.

So if Hicks doesn't want the club run by committee he either..

1. Sells his share

2. Buys Gilletts share and gets 100%

3. Finds someone willing to match DICs offer who is prepared to let Hicks make all the decisions.

thats about the size of it

You are all wrong. All three of you either fail to understand/don't appreciate the reference in the post. You shouldn't comment on it unless you do.

Amazing, isn't it?

the 3 muslims totally fail to understand whats offensive to muslims.

You white people are totally correct. We just must be very thick, eh?

Shall i fetch you your slippers, Master? Yes Master, right away Master.