You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How good is Fernando Torres???

The Tott

Hes the best striker we've had since Rush i rekon and i know some people may think God or Owen were better but honestly the guys is amazin.

Hes already scored more goals this season than Kuyt managed in the whole of last season.

A genuine contender for PFA player of the year

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fowler and Owen were capable of making the difference and leading us to victory against the biggest teams.

They also did it over a period of more than 5 months.

Lets see him bang the goals in consistently for a few years and turn our form round against the Mancs and the Arse.

Then he is comparable. Not saying he isn't fucking great but he hasn't achieved what the others have yet.

If he performs in the business end of the season like he has in the first half, he will have had an excellent first year with us, and will be a contender for footballer of the year.

Long way to go before we can say 'best since Rush' though. Lets see him do this week in week out for a few years.

he's a ray of sunshine after the crap strikers we've had down the years and goes to show you that it is better to spend the big money than scratch around for 4-5m players though if your Arsene Wenger who is a one off then that probably suits you better but for me push the boat out and get it sorted

He is a better footballer than Fowler and Rush and Fowler is my all time hero. Fowler could not do what Torres can do. If Torres improves his finishing he will be the best we have had.

Robbie didn't have the speed or the dribbling skills but he had two good feet, better in the air, better ball control, movement off the ball and was a better finisher.

I think what he has done so far considering its his first season is superb.

Fowler and Owen had the advantage of been brought up in English football so knew what to expect but this lad has come into a totally different way of playing football and way of life and took to it like a duck to water.

Ronaldo, Drogba and Henry are all recent top players who did fuck all in their first seasons but Torres has instantly found his feet and banged the goals in which for me is extemely impressive.

Ive got to be honest i knew Torres was good from watching him in Spain and when he has represented his country as well but i didnt expect him to be as good as he has so far and especially so soon.

I think its criminal that he doesnt get the service he requires and if we had the players who were able to supply with better crosses or through balls i think you would see Torres get even better.

He looks the business, no question but comparing him with Rush and Fowler is a bit premature, like ScouseAndy says, if he's still doing it further down the line then yes. Very excited about him though.

The best thing about Torres, is the fact that he knows that himself. He has a great mentality and knows that he has to be consistent, which is a great facet to his character.

I didn't even think he was meant to be able to score this many. The goals he scores in termsw of quality are ridiculous. I think he'll struggle a touch in the second half as defenders will know he's goin to get the ball and just run at them. They've all played against him now.

He is a better footballer than Fowler and Rush and Fowler is my all time hero. Fowler could not do what Torres can do. If Torres improves his finishing he will be the best we have had.

didn't see too much of Rush but Fowler was a pure pure footballer. big call

I think what he has done so far considering its his first season is superb.

Fowler and Owen had the advantage of been brought up in English football so knew what to expect but this lad has come into a totally different way of playing football and way of life and took to it like a duck to water.

Ronaldo, Drogba and Henry are all recent top players who did fuck all in their first seasons but Torres has instantly found his feet and banged the goals in which for me is extemely impressive.

Ive got to be honest i knew Torres was good from watching him in Spain and when he has represented his country as well but i didnt expect him to be as good as he has so far and especially so soon.

I think its criminal that he doesnt get the service he requires and if we had the players who were able to supply with better crosses or through balls i think you would see Torres get even better.

Torres always looked 'electric' on his day with Atletico and stood out even though for many seasons he didnt top the goal scoring charts. he was in a very poor team and had to do a lot of things himself like play the Kuyt role coming deep for the ball etc.

Robbie didn't have the speed or the dribbling skills but he had two good feet, better in the air, better ball control, movement off the ball and was a better finisher.

I don't know about the ball control bit but I do know that Torres is probably stronger, can play deeper and also stretch defenders all over the pitch. Two different players but in the modern game Torres simply has it all.

I didn't even think he was meant to be able to score this many. The goals he scores in termsw of quality are ridiculous. I think he'll struggle a touch in the second half as defenders will know he's goin to get the ball and just run at them. They've all played against him now.

Exactly, virtually every goal is a collectors item.

He got Ferdinand nearly one on one once and Ferdiand shit himself, if only he had a qualty winger and support striker to help out.

The best thing about Torres, is the fact that he knows that himself. He has a great mentality and knows that he has to be consistent, which is a great facet to his character.

Aye, that's an other asset he appears to have, he comes across as very professional and focussed. I'm made up with him, i must admit i'd never really watched him before but i'm amazed at how good he is and also amazed that more sides never came in for him.

Fowler and Owen were capable of making the difference and leading us to victory against the biggest teams.

They also did it over a period of more than 5 months.

Lets see him bang the goals in consistently for a few years and turn our form round against the Mancs and the Arse.

Then he is comparable. Not saying he isn't fucking great but he hasn't achieved what the others have yet.

Well, if he scores more than 20 Premiership goals this season, and the next few seasons, he already is better than Owen ever was.

If he scores 30 per season, he is as good as Fowler in his prime.

Well, if he scores more than 20 Premiership goals this season, and the next few seasons, he already is better than Owen ever was.

If he scores 30 per season, he is as good as Fowler in his prime.

Don't even think he needs the 30 goals as he will offer more from a creative point of view than Fowler did.

At last we have an exciting forward player who can turn a 0-0 into a victory though.

He's not perfect (the awful finish leading to Gerrard's goal yesterday as a prime example) but I love him already. Imagine if we can add a similar standard of player in the summer, maybe on the wing. Good times ahead!!!