You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Chinese tend to have closer nit communities and keep the wealth within them? Maybe not lavish spenders either. 

I also don't recall anywhere near as much racism towards Chinese as the black community suffer 

How about Indians?

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

Please explain it to an old thicko like me. Is me saying black people in the south of the US like fried chicken, a joke?

No, that’s fucking ridiculous and based on a derogatory stereotype and the other, that Chinese immigrants opening and improving upon an existing British preoccupation isn’t a stereotype it’s an observable fact and has no racial overtones or connotations that I’m aware of? 

They're not even the same fucking thing! 

Anyway anybody would know that the first wave of immigrants from East Asia were from the British province of Hong Kong and not, really, Chinese.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

No, that’s fucking ridiculous and based on a derogatory stereotype and the other, that Chinese immigrants opening and improving upon an existing British preoccupation isn’t a stereotype it’s an observable fact and has no racial overtones or connotations that I’m aware of? 

They're not even the same fucking thing! 

Where is the joke?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

The use of a lazy racial stereotype to deflect attention away from another.

I went all meta and shit on you.

Let me just understand, I guess you are saying I used a lazy racial stereotype? What was that then?

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

Look, if you want to engage then do so, dont just run in and out with daft comments

There is nothing daft about stating that there are more Chinese in the world than anyone else and it is further from daft pointing out (if we are to believe) that a higher per capita of black folks attending University would directly address the question you posed earlier.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is nothing daft about stating that there are more Chinese in the world than anyone else and it is further from daft from pointing out (if we are to believe) that a higher per capita of black folks attend University would directly address the question you posed earlier.

Nope non the wiser. I take it back go back to shorter inane comments

7 minutes ago, A Red said:

Let me just understand, I guess you are saying I used a lazy racial stereotype? What was that then?

Jesus fucking Christ this is like speaking to a void! 

I don’t think you’re a racist I think you’re a man  of the old country who is being left behind whilst progress happens around him and is incapable of recognising this. This isn’t necessarily an insult.

The joke was I, a liberal dickhead, made a slightly racist comment ironically because I knew the full economic reality that the stereotype was, in fact, reality. Like all cliches they are based on truisms and truisms, by their very definition, are true.

Must have gone over your head. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don’t think you’re a racist I think you’re a man who is being left behind whilst progress happens around him and is incapable of recognising this.

The joke was I, a liberal dickhead, made a slightly racist comment ironically because I knew the full economic reality that the stereotype was, in fact, reality. Like all cliches they are based on truisms and truisms, by their very definition, are true.

Thats the west country for you 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don’t think you’re a racist I think you’re a man who is being left behind whilst progress happens around him and is incapable of recognising this.

The joke was I, a liberal dickhead, made a slightly racist comment ironically because I knew the full economic reality that the stereotype was, in fact, reality. Like all cliches the are based on truisms and truisms, by their very definition, are true.

But stating that the chinese community performs better economically than the black community is not a stereotype. 

Oh well, despite being left behind I can still recognise a shit joke when I see one.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Want some chicken?

Here is my last word on the matter and a bit of help for Bruces routine.

When you are with a woman you would like to shag, ask her what the difference is between a mans cock and a chicken leg. When she tells you she doesnt know, ask her if she would like to go on a picnic

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Here is my last word on the matter and a bit of help for Bruces routine.

When you are with a woman you would like to shag, ask her what the difference is between a mans cock and a chicken leg. When she tells you she doesnt know, ask her if she would like to go on a picnic

If my auntie had a chickens leg she'd be my uncle 

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

But stating that the chinese community performs better economically than the black community is not a stereotype. 

Oh well, despite being left behind I can still recognise a shit joke when I see one.

It is when the joke was about fucking chippies!

FUCKING.HELL!