You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1st round 5th Tussle

Remmie

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Diamond-backed trap-door puff-whelk
    • Portuguese Man-O-War

This Man-o-war-inho(portuguese, you see) lad's got bad news written all over him.

If he gets under-side of you it's all over bar the shouting. Taxi to Whiston, or Hardacres Funeral Directors.

All manner of electro probing gastro-experimental issues there. Anyone with "trap door" involved in thier name is conceding a psychological edge to an opponent literally named after war. Grr.

I like the look of the Whelk, hes unassuming like the really hard small guys in kung fu movies. Takes a lot to get him moving, a Cooler (bouncer, like Swazye in Roadhouse) of the shellfish world if you like.

Keeps quiet, avoids confrontation. Then Wham, you're fucked if you step out of line.

The Whelk looks more durable as well and better suited to all terrains too. The Man-o-war looks a little fragile and has probably got a glass tentacle.

AdamS, you should be ashamed of yourself for voting for the frickin' pointy shell and whatever lives in it. let me explain to you how this is fight goes down: the Man-o-war wraps itself around the conch and shits in it until the the whelk asphyxiates on the MoW's excrement. The MoW in a marathon shitfest while reading the daily paper front to back.

That photo is an impostor; it’s a conch not a Puff Whelk.

As can be seen from the following photo, Whelks are armour plated killing machines and masters of disguise.

250px-Welk2.jpg

The following C&P from Wiki gives testimony to the awesome powers of a Whelk:

Whelks are found in temperate waters.

They are scavengers and carnivores, equipped with an extensible proboscis that is tipped with a file-like radula.

The radula is used to bore holes through the shells of clams, crabs and lobsters.

They also have a large, muscular foot with which they hold their victims before eating them.

In orther words: Jake the Peg meets Drilla Killa!

Whelks eat everything they kill.

Their victims include the Titanic, the crew of the Mary Celeste, the city of Atlantis and the tropical rainforests of Antartica.

That bloody Rashid-fish has no chance.

Man-O-War.

Whelk tries to grab hold of it but it's foot is stung to fuck and as anyone knows hurting your foot is really painful. The whelk then retreats into its shell while crying and waves a white flag out of the shell-hole.

wait a minute, i was under the impression that these were fights to the death?

wait a minute, i was under the impression that these were fights to the death?

I thought it was just a fight but admit that I wasn't paying enough attention.

If it's a fight to the death, the whelk is too terrified to put it's injured foot outside its shell while the Man O War is in attendance and starves to death.

The Portuguese diver, after all the Whelk is a fucking PUFF!!!

But i suppose the Whelk could try and hit the Jelly with its handbag. Then again, if the MoW stings the Whelk and it has a long enough schlong he could just piss on the sting to kill the pain. Fuck i voted for the Fake Ronaldo lookalike and made a good case for the Puff.

I thought it was just a fight but admit that I wasn't paying enough attention.

If it's a fight to the death, the whelk is too terrified to put it's injured foot outside its shell while the Man O War is in attendance and starves to death.

remmie, what are the rules again? is this a fight to the death or not?

"Time to shiza or get off the crapper" (no reason, just wanted to write that beer fest quote down)

remmie, what are the rules again? is this a fight to the death or not?

"Time to shiza or get off the crapper" (no reason, just wanted to write that beer fest quote down)

What kind of Animal war do you take this for of course it's to the death