You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

weve got the wrong player

shouter

To be honest... Tactically, We needed Eto'o or Torres. We got Torres. I am ridiculously happy with that.

Remarkably fast(the big issue), good positioning/movement away from the ball, great incising runs, creative, and strong.

Tevez is a great little player and I'd love to have him but I wouldn't give up Fernando for Carlos.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest... Tactically, We needed Eto'o or Torres. We got Torres. I am ridiculously happy with that.

Remarkably fast(the big issue), good positioning/movement away from the ball, great incising runs, creative, and strong.

Tevez is a great little player and I'd love to have him but I wouldn't give up Fernando for Carlos.

Great shout that mate, we need to get behind Torres instead of wishing we had that ugly bastard Tevez!

10780_detail.jpg

• 1 year later...
teves-Dalglish errmm, NO.

The closest thing to the king in recent years bagged four against us without doing a great deal the other night. The first yards in the head kinda stuff.

Amazingly you have posted something almost as wrong as anything on the first two pages. Arshavin is a good player, but the closest thing to Kenny? Meh!

In fairness, I can remember a lot of people making a case for Tevez 2 years ago.

And if I had been given the choice back then of Tevez or Torres I'd have gone with Tevez. I'd have been wrong, but I still think Tevez is a fantastic player.

Hang your head in shame.

Ridiculas thread..."WE NEED TEVEZ!"... have a word shouter, massive idiot. Torres > Tevez, Gerrard > Tevez, No place for him in our starting 11 and why swap the mancs bench for ours?!

Great player, would be handy to have him as a squad player, but your statement is ridiculous we need him above Torres?!?!?!!.... you prat.

Rant over.

I reckon Tevez would be a great signing. He can play two positions, link man and up front. When we play him as link man, put Gerrard on the right and rest Dirk. Possibilities no?

No. Our best player should never been moved. Certainly not for some freak whose held together by sellotape.

You aren't really paying attention, are you Lefti?

I have indeed noticed a massive flaw in my response... a little thing called a time frame and the fact this thread was created almost 2 years ago. My mistake, i hold my hands up and apologies. Sorry fella's.

He should moved anywhere to help the team. And who is held together by selotape?

Is Tevez better than Gerrard in that role though? I don't think he is anywhere near Gerrards level, so you won't be helping the team you will be weakening it.

And I was refering to Tevez!

Amazingly you have posted something almost as wrong as anything on the first two pages. Arshavin is a good player, but the closest thing to Kenny? Meh!

Spy I don't base this opinion on his Arsenal performances but on his games for Russia in the qualifiers and Euros last summer. He played out of position against us and his best position is behind the striker. I was also using the kenny comparison loosely as he has only played in the Premiership a handful of games.

I believe he has the game to do a good impersonation unlike Teves.

Is Tevez better than Gerrard in that role though, I don't think he anywhere near Gerrards level, so you won't be helping the team you will be weakening it.

And I was refering to Tevez!

Spot on, Gerrards adapted well to that role and is far superior to Tevez, Arshavin for instance is a player that would have improved the side allowing Gerrard to play from a deeper position as well as giving more options and movement potential. Tevez for me is like Kyut.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Spy I don't base this opinion on his Arsenal performances but on his games for Russia in the qualifiers and Euros last summer. He played out of position against us and his best position is behind the striker. I was also using the kenny comparison loosely as he has only played in the Premiership a handful of games.

I believe he has the game to do a good impersonation unlike Teves.

2002-december-alister-mcgowan.jpg