You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PSV Tomorrow

Atmosphere was shit. Pennant was excellent. Abeloa was excellent. Xabi was the best I have seen him all season. I never want to see Robbie play more than the last five minutes of a game again. Winner in the Champions League Final then out to graze it is. PSV fans were weird, but kinda funny. They were expecting some kinda of footballing pilgrimage experience, but their shit footballers ruined that possibility.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atmosphere was shit. Pennant was excellent. Abeloa was excellent. Xabi was the best I have seen him all season. I never want to see Robbie play more than the last five minutes of a game again. Winner in the Champions League Final then out to graze it is. PSV fans were weird, but kinda funny. They were expecting some kinda of footballing pilgrimage experience, but their shit footballers ruined that possibility.

Some of his long-range passing was breathtaking last night. It's not so much the perfect accuracy of his passes, as the fact that he drills them so hard to his teammates, thereby maintaining, or even increasing the tempo of the game. He hit so many of them last night in almost a single motion as he was turning away from trouble, too. He is a wonderful player and Rafa should move heaven and earth to retain him on a long and lucrative contract. The idea of him playing just ahead of The Chief next season with the likes of Gerrard, Alves and Eto'o all giving him options is a mouthwatering prospect.

I thought that the atmosphere was pretty good considering the match was not exactly action-packed

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good in the first half. There was a point were the crowd sang one song after the other for about 20 minutes. Second half was a lot quieter but that was to be expected the game was never going to be a specatcle just a "get the job done effort" and the crowd were going to get a little bit tired of singing. Not a bad effort tho'.

The atmosphere sounded great on tv... Of course, they may have just put all the microphones close to the RTK guys to make it sound like great atmosphere?

Felt sorry for Fowler last night. He really is a shadow of his former self and he just couldnt seem to do anything right. I will give him credit he never put his head down and it wasnt really the game to an incredible amount of hard work but he just looked so much of the pace.

Positives from the game are Pennant was a very good outlet on the right. He is now showing the ability to take players on and he his trying to tackle to get possesion as well. Without a doubt he sould be with us next season, primarily as back up for the new right winger but on current form i wouldnt be too upset if it was still Gerrard and Pennant for the right wing as long as a top left winger is brought in.

Once again Arbeloa was superb in i think its his natural position. Ok PSV never really troubled him but whenever he was called for he got a foot in and helped Pennant on the wing by giving him a alternative ball. Early days but i think Rafa has signed a very good player there and thank fuck we never signed Neill.

It was never going to be a classic match last night (unless that Kone header had gone in) but we got the job done and Finnan, Carra and Gerrard all had a well deserved rest.

The La Bamba song went on for feckin ages as it sometimes does. Good to hear it make the Anny Road for once. Can someone tell me why PSV sing some of their songs in English i.e 'We love you psv, we do'?

Was funny to see them spend the entire second half ripping off ring of fire and also singing 'You only sing when you're winning' in English.

Game was shite.

The La Bamba song went on for feckin ages as it sometimes does. Good to hear it make the Anny Road for once. Can someone tell me why PSV sing some of their songs in English i.e 'We love you psv, we do'?

Was funny to see them spend the entire second half ripping off ring of fire and also singing 'You only sing when you're winning' in English.

Game was shite.

Went on for at least 5 minutes. The song got the scarves swinging too.

Game was shite.

I was in Lime Street, getting the train back to Wirral this morning and there were these two PSV fans, amongst a load of early morning commuters, going up the escalator as I was going down, one of them was wearing a PSV scarf and he was singing PSV songs in English and the commuters were looking at him as if he was a gargoyle. I don't think he was pissed either. I was chuckling to myself.

Some of his long-range passing was breathtaking last night. It's not so much the perfect accuracy of his passes, as the fact that he drills them so hard to his teammates, thereby maintaining, or even increasing the tempo of the game. He hit so many of them last night in almost a single motion as he was turning away from trouble, too. He is a wonderful player and Rafa should move heaven and earth to retain him on a long and lucrative contract. The idea of him playing just ahead of The Chief next season with the likes of Gerrard, Alves and Eto'o all giving him options is a mouthwatering prospect.

Xabi was just showng off for Barca