You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Ale ever tasted (not lager)

Anny Road

Sick of these debates about cold fizzy chemical tasting lagers. How about MANS beer.

Some of my favourites.

Thomas Hardys Ale

Orkney Skull Splitter

Skinners Cornish Knocker

and I am currently sipping several bottles of Innis & Gunn Oak aged beer. Absolutely magic stuff.

I have to confess to enjoying lager when in Holland/Belgium but the stuff we get here is shite and nobody knows how to serve it.

Anybody else like proper beer?

Are you shitting me? If they've got it in bargain booze i may ejaculate. I've been searching the internet and the best price I can get is £40 for 20 bottles with a £7.50 postage fee.

Mate, there's a bird called Clara who works in the Bargain booze in Broadway, you could always try her first. Don't know if her second name is Pacifico though.

How cheap is it doing that? If you have some tips I'd be interested as I've been a bit wary.

It isn't cheap. Just you get better beer and greater variety.

You can order all sorts of Belgian trappist beers over the tinterweb. Can be hit and miss but the hits are fucking lovely. Strong stuff too. 8 or 9%.

try http://www.specialitybeermerchants.com for some of the belgian stuff. The chimay triple blond is very nice.

At home the only mainstream beer I tend to drink is Kroneburg Blanc, Budvar, Warsteiner and Staropramen.

Sick of these debates about cold fizzy chemical tasting lagers. How about MANS beer.

Some of my favourites.

Thomas Hardys Ale

Orkney Skull Splitter

Skinners Cornish Knocker

and I am currently sipping several bottles of Innis & Gunn Oak aged beer. Absolutely magic stuff.

I have to confess to enjoying lager when in Holland/Belgium but the stuff we get here is shite and nobody knows how to serve it.

Anybody else like proper beer?

:yes: The Liverpool Real Ale Festival is absolute Utopia, providing you can get a ticket.

The Pacific Northwest is a beer lovers paradise, so many locally brewed, small batch stuff available. Here's my favourites :-

Deschutes Brewery Mirror Pond Pale Ale

Mt.Hood Brewing Company Ice Axe India Pale Ale

Widmer Bros Drop Top Amber Ale

Alaskan Brewing Co. Alaskan Amber

And from my time in California :-

Gordon Biersch Merzen

Seirra Nevada Pale Ale

Anchor Steam

You can order all sorts of Belgian trappist beers over the tinterweb. Can be hit and miss but the hits are fucking lovely. Strong stuff too. 8 or 9%.

try http://www.specialitybeermerchants.com for some of the belgian stuff. The chimay triple blond is very nice.

At home the only mainstream beer I tend to drink is Kroneburg Blanc, Budvar, Warsteiner and Staropramen.

I was drinking that in Prague in september 2005. Lovely stuff and fairly cheap too. I saw it in a supermarket here 3 bottles for €5 but i'm sure that offer is finished now.

Ace. I'll be using that a lot when I get myself a job. (Fuckin' student bum)