You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Recipe Thread

Karl_b

Last night I had a tuna steak. Have a VERY hot pan, smother the steak in heaps of pepper and just sear it for about 30 seconds on each side so it's pink and tasty int he middle). Lashings of lemon juice, a spring onion garnish and couscous (which just needs boiling water poured over it and it's ready in 5 minutes). Best 5 minute supper ever.

Did a Nigel slater recipe last night. Good winter food.

Cook up some sliced onion until starts to brown, add a 6 rashers of chopped smoked bacon. Cook the bacon. Add a tub of creme fraiche and a couple of tins of drained Haricot beans.

Cook for a few minutes till the creme fraiche has thinned and is simmering then stick in an oven proof dish. Grate a handful of parmesan on top then stick it in the oven until brown on top and bubbling.

Serve with crusty wholemeal bread with real butter.

A winner.

Did a Nigel slater recipe last night. Good winter food.

Cook up some sliced onion until starts to brown, add a 6 rashers of chopped smoked bacon. Cook the bacon. Add a tub of creme fraiche and a couple of tins of drained Haricot beans.

Cook for a few minutes till the creme fraiche has thinned and is simmering then stick in an oven proof dish. Grate a handful of parmesan on top then stick it in the oven until brown on top and bubbling.

Serve with crusty wholemeal bread with real butter.

A winner.

Like the sound of that, will give it a bash.

One from the weekend that I made up on the spot:

Put some gnocchi (always have a pack in the freezer) into pan ready to boil and switch kettle on. Chuck a pack of cubetti di pancetta into a dry frying pan at a high heat and add sliced 'shrooms and broccoli florets with a splash of olive oil. Boil gnocchi and add about three to four ladles of the cooking liquor to the other pan. Then add loads of dolcelatte cheese and heat gently until it melts into a creamy sauce (adding more liquor if needed). Drain and add the gnocchi and serve with loads of black pepper and a glass of chilly white wine. About 6 minutes from start to plate.

The best way to conquer any food dislike is to order said item in a very posh restaurant. They make stuff taste nothing like it usually does.

However, a pair of food loving cooks like you two are missing out on so much. You need to conquer your fear yourselves so try these three mushrooms feasts:

1. Get some huge field mushrooms or smaller portobello ones and place them upside down on a baking tray. Spread butter all over the underside of the cap and then top with a delicious cheese of your choice (blue works very well. Bake in a hot over until melty and delicious and serve with good bread, salad and wine.

2. Chop a load of 'shrooms (Portobello are my faves) and flash fry on a high heat with butter. Add a good dash of Worcestershire sauce and serve on toast for breaky.

3. As above, but add garlic and a really good slosh of white wine. Serve with crusty bread for dipping/mopping.

I dare you both. What have you got to lose, bar about £1.50?

I'm an absolute food-a-holic but I've never really been exposed to much sea food(Just Sushi which I like, and lobster/crab/shrimps/prawns/sea bass). I'm wanting to try more but scared I won't like it if I get it in a restaurant...

I don't know how to cook fish as I've never watched it done let alone tried(minus tins of tuna).

I'm an absolute food-a-holic but I've never really been exposed to much sea food(Just Sushi which I like, and lobster/crab/shrimps/prawns/sea bass). I'm wanting to try more but scared I won't like it if I get it in a restaurant...

I don't know how to cook fish as I've never watched it done let alone tried(minus tins of tuna).

Get on the fish pie recipe I put somewhere in this thread. No cooking involved. Just stick whatever fish you want in an over proof dish, band on the sauce, some mash and some cheese and stick it in the oven.

*edit - receipe is here http://forum.liverpoolway.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49953&highlight=complicated+food

If you like meat, order stuff like Monkfish or Sea Bass. Fucking delicious. There's an ace Jamie Oliver Monkfish recipe that involves wrapping it in Parma ham and a tomato and basil paste. It is fucking heaven.

The best way to conquer any food dislike is to order said item in a very posh restaurant. They make stuff taste nothing like it usually does.

However, a pair of food loving cooks like you two are missing out on so much. You need to conquer your fear yourselves so try these three mushrooms feasts:

1. Get some huge field mushrooms or smaller portobello ones and place them upside down on a baking tray. Spread butter all over the underside of the cap and then top with a delicious cheese of your choice (blue works very well. Bake in a hot over until melty and delicious and serve with good bread, salad and wine.

2. Chop a load of 'shrooms (Portobello are my faves) and flash fry on a high heat with butter. Add a good dash of Worcestershire sauce and serve on toast for breaky.

3. As above, but add garlic and a really good slosh of white wine. Serve with crusty bread for dipping/mopping.

Paul , do you have shares in Anchor? and are you a fat cunt cunt? if not i will try all your recipes:biggrin:

That's the problem. I don't know fish really... They all have different flavours and, say I'm in Tescos look at the fish in there, I have no clue whats/what and what tastes like what...

I usually just use smoked haddock with that (not the bright yellow dyed shite), but its also nice with Swordfish or Salmon. Few prawns too.

Try it with any uncooked smoked white fish to start with - you won't be disappointed

Paul , do you have shares in Anchor? and are you a fat cunt cunt? if not i will try all your recipes:biggrin:

I am packing a bit of extra luggage, but I don't eat like the above that much, though. I eat loads of fruit, salad and veg. Probably 8-10 portions a day.

I am packing a bit of extra luggage, but I don't eat like the above that much, though. I eat loads of fruit, salad and veg. Probably 8-10 portions a day.

Glad to hear it! and you are dead right with the mushrooms , properly cooked they are just delicious. :drool:

Challenge accepted. I shall report back with my findings.