You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

usa and canadian reds

7dalglish

You're all probably fox football channel subscribers so you should probably have a look at this thread on rawk :-

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=155637.0

Comments regarding Hillsborough on Fox Soccer Channel USA

There is a weekly talk show here in the USA called Fox Football Fone in. One of the hosts is a Liverpool fan called Nick Geber. The other a Chelsea fan named Steven Cohen.

On tonight's show, Steven Cohen accused Liverpool fans of "directly causing the worst two disasters in English football history." He went on to say that he's sick of Liverpool fans ramming their success down his throat and that "there's a disgusting side of Liverpool's history that I'll be happy to talk about."

Given McKenzie's recent outburst, this has been a sad week in the history of Hillsborough. This gobshite, on national television in the USA, "educated" everyone listening (and most yanks haven't a clue) that Liverpool fans "sordid past" was responsible for the happenings at Hillsborough.

This cockney prick needs to be taken off the air. No one should be allowed to do this and get away with it. Nick Geber by the way, was 100% supportive to LFC and basically told Cohen what a prick he was for his comments.

If you're interested in getting this clown off the air, please send your e mails to:

fff@foxsoccer.com

Here's the letter I wrote to them:

I am a Liverpool fan living in California.

Never have I seen such a disgusting display of television as I watched tonight.

Your host, Steven Cohen, ACCUSED Liverpool fans of a tragedy they DID NOT COMMIT!!!!!

My best friend was killed in the Hillsborough disaster on April 15th 1989. He was crushed to death as he tried to rescue another friend who also died that day. 96 Liverpool fans died in the worst TRAGEDY ever.

This scum named Steven Cohen (and I apologise for the derogoratory name, but nothing else quite fits), who clearly knows NOTHING about it, made a proclamation on National Television, that Liverpool fans were to blame for the death of their own fans. Every single enquiry into the tragedy proved that they WERE NOT.

Even though he pathetically tried to retract it later, (and failed) he made the accusation clearly and plainly early in the show.

In my view, someone capable of this should NOT BE PRESENTING on television and SHOULD BE FIRED FROM HIS JOB.

I have absolutely no doubt that you will be inundated with calls and e mails. Liverpool fans worldwide will find out about this via the internet and there will be uproar.

He says he's entitled to his opinion - so if he thinks Hitler was a good guy, or the Holocaust didn't ever happen, would he be able to give his opinion on it?

GET RID OF HIM!!

PLEASE.

It's a pretty fucking disgusting attitude to have wherever you're from, but to have lived in this country and actually hold that view...there is no excuse. There is no way he could not know what really happened, he is just spouting bollocks. It fucking disgusts me.

Doing an essay on football hooliganism, I had to read a a book called "Among The Thugs", by Bill Buford, an American writer. He travelled Europe with British football hooligans in the early 80s (with United away in Juve, for example), and wrote a book about his experiences. Years later, he had finished his research, but some of his findings centred around how unsafely football fans were treated at games. As a journalist, he was granted access to a police video from Hillsborough, which he details in the book. It is the most upsetting thing you will ever read, and I really don't advise it.

I cannot claim to have been personally affected by the tragedy, but reading that account made me realise even more deeply just how terrible it was on that day, and cunts like this Chelsea character just make throwaway remarks like that. I'd love to meet him down a dark alley

I am an exiled scouser living in California too. I have seen this show a couple of times and both of them including the 'reds' fan are complete wankers whose total knowledge of football you could put on the back of a stamp. To be honest I had them both down as a couple of buffoons, typical of the new Sky Sports type fans we all know back in the UK, ie only started watching about 10 years ago. It seems this fella is worse than that, those comments are plain vindictive.

I didnt see this show but what he said is a f***** disgrace he should never be allowed on TV again. I am going to write and complain and I would urge everyone else to do so especially USA and Canada based reds.

Enough of us were there that day, including me, so it is up to us to make sure that the actual events of that day are not forgotten and that people understand what really happened.

steven cohen is a wanker, I heard him mention 96 trophies and when a Red called him on his radio show to complain he said "There's no smoke without fire", I'd love to get him off the air.

And presumably followed that up with a gag about Bradford City?

If that 96 trophies comment is true, that's an absolute disgrace, especially in view of the fact that he must be aware the majority of his audience won't have anything like the level of familiarity with the events at Hillsborough that we have in the UK, let alone in Liverpool and so won't be able to put his remarks into any kind of context.

I know I'm generalising here, but every Yank I've met has been a sports fan of one kind or another and they seem to be far more tolerant of fans of other teams than we are here in Blighty, showing plenty of fierce rivalry (which I like) but far less out and out hatred. I think most Americans would be fucking appalled if they knew the truth behind the events of that awful day and the repercussions that echo through the club and fans even to this day.

I'm going to shut up about it now. To be honest, I don't ever really feel that I've got the right to say much about Hillsborough on here because whilst obviously it was a black day for me, I know there's several posters on here whose lives were torn apart that day and I feel like a bit of a fraud banging on about it in the face of that.

Instead, I'm going to compose an e-mail and send them a link to the HJC website as well. I would encourage everybody who reads this thread to do the same.

Guest Far and Tether

It might be interesting if a United fan wrote to them, don't you think? I'm with you lot on this, by the way, that's well out of order.

I saw that show live. Its as bad as the original description made out.

Here's the ironic thing. There are 2 "presenters" there, a Chelsea and a Liverpool supporter. Guess who makes me cringe EVERY time he opens his mouth?

Yes - the Liverpool guy. It would be hard to find such a self-opinionated yet completely ignorant twat anywhere.

Even more ironic? That Chelsea guy has, on occasion, been more fair about Liverpools form this year than the other twat.

Guest Far and Tether
Yes. The Score had the Sunday EPL games last year.

Just one season. I don't know why they dropped them this year, they must have been popular. I know for me, I'd get up earlier, even with my Saturday night hangover pulsating through my dehydrated brain lining. It's not easy, otherwise, to find a bar open at 8:00 am on a Sunday morning (I don't mean hair-of-the-dog... or do I?).