You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stevie G on Diao and Diouf........

NelCarra

Thing is we don't really know what he has said to him in person. If he has told him that his attitude is unbecoming of a Liverpool player and that he thinks he's not giving what he should and these word were ignored then I can accept the criticism. If it's just that he's not very good then it's well out of order.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moldred

I'm sorry but Stevie is really starting to do my head in. I mean Carra probably thinks Diao is fucking shite but he wouldn't say it in public. But he would say Diao didn't try hard enough and did not act like a Liverpool player. I personally think Stevie is out of order saying those things. Had he said Diao was just a money grabbing greedy git then that would be fair enough.

Here we have a prime example of why these books should not be written until the end of a player's career.

I don't see how criticising one of your current team-mates, however justifiably, is the proper way for a Liverpool captain to behave. I honestly think Steven should be facing a club fine for this.

I agree!

To quote from the book:

"Liverpool managers have always kept criticism in-house, saying things privately to players rather than slagging them off in public. What Gerard did broke the code. At the very least he should have warned me what he was planning to tell the media. Managers must be careful what they say to the media. What happened in Basle showed a lack of respect on Gerard's part. "

How can Gerrard criticise Houllier for not keeping things "in-house", and then himself show such contempt for a team mate? Stinks of hypocrisy.

Here we have a prime example of why these books should not be written until the end of a player's career.

I don't see how criticising one of your current team-mates, however justifiably, is the proper way for a Liverpool captain to behave. I honestly think Steven should be facing a club fine for this.

Diao has a talent. He maybe not Liverpool class but he has the ability to play football professionally. It is a short career and he is wasting it sitting around on his arse pretending to be a part off Rafas' revolution. If he had any balls he would take his oil and sign for a team like everton. He knows he is not good enough for us so Stevie saying so will not come as any surprise.

Diao has a talent. He maybe not Liverpool class but he has the ability to play football professionally. It is a short career and he is wasting it sitting around on his arse pretending to be a part off Rafas' revolution. If he had any balls he would take his oil and sign for a team like everton. He knows he is not good enough for us so Stevie saying so will not come as any surprise.

That's not really the point is it. If you have criticisms to make of your current team-mates, then you ought to do it in private and in person. What you don't do is make that criticism public; it's unprofessional, even if what you are saying is true.

That's not really the point is it. If you have criticisms to make of your current team-mates, then you ought to do it in private and in person. What you don't do is make that criticism public; it's unprofessional, even if what you are saying is true.

And even worse for a captain to do it. The lad isn't doing himself any favours...

Cheryou, Diao, Diouf, Pongolle, Le Tallec, Diomede, Arphexad, Jean-Michel Ferri, Song, Kippe, Camara, Meijer, Heskey, Vignal, Ziege, Sjolund, Kirkland, Xavier, Diarra, Luzi to name some more!

This list includes bad buys and average buys, my list was top quality buys that any manager would be proud of (Kewell apart), all have played a major part in helping us win trophies. Annoys me that so many fans like to remember Ged for his sh*t buys, every manager makes sh*t buys, I could list more for Ferguson and Wenger than you have for Ged, Houllier fcuked up in the summer of 2002 spending £20m on C, D & D, that doesn't make most of his transfer activity crap!

put it this way the reason he's still at the club is the same reason that everyone one on this forum would be.

Who in their right mind would not pick up god knows how many thousands of pounds a week, running his contract down. It's down to Houllier and the board for not assessing the players tallents and giving himn a stupid contract, not the players

As I suspected I am going to have to endure weeks of Stevie G says this in his book, Stevie G says that in his book on here by those who have bought it.

The only way to get any context on it is to read the fucking thing now.

I don't agree with this book being written - especially whilst he's still playing, and playing for us. It smacks of the the "media cash whore" culture. I suspect it will be like the occasional diamond in an otherwise big pile of poo. But on the basis that it is written and I don't want else putting their own spin on it (ta for the offer though) I'm going to have to buy it myself.

This list includes bad buys and average buys, my list was top quality buys that any manager would be proud of (Kewell apart), all have played a major part in helping us win trophies. Annoys me that so many fans like to remember Ged for his sh*t buys, every manager makes sh*t buys, I could list more for Ferguson and Wenger than you have for Ged, Houllier fcuked up in the summer of 2002 spending £20m on C, D & D, that doesn't make most of his transfer activity crap!

The fact is Ged signed more shit players than he did good ones, and if you look at your list before every player bar one or two was already established. Babbel, Kewell, Litmanen, Gary Mac etc where already known good players. Houllier fucked up by buying players for the future for stupid prices and hyping them up beyond belief. If you want to critisise Wenger (who I hate by the way) he signed players like Viera and Henry who where doing nothing and they turned out to be some of the best players in the world and signed for peanuts. Gerrard Houllier in my opinion did not have a clue when it came to making signings and spotting potential. He couldn't spot potential if it sucked his cock. The sign of a good manager in the transfer market is someone who can spot potential, sign it and nurture it. Like Rafa with Sissoko, Agger, Alonso. Not someone who buys all the available good players and sign some un knowns for a ridiculous fee, bigs them up to the press and fans, pay them obscene salaries and then watches them crash and burn.