You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Defoe signed

snez1

Aparantly it's done and dusted. A lad on YNWA backing up shit i've heard from lots of people over the past couple of weeks that he'll be at Anfield next season and it'll be announced after the World Cup.

No price has been mentioned but to be honest i'm not too excited about him. It had better be for under £10m because he's had a poor season, isn't first choice at Spurs, isn't in the England squad etc. Not sure he's much of an improvement on Djib but i guess he'll score a fair few goals. Certainly not a player suited for the 4-5-1 formation lots of you are suggesting we'll play next season either.

If (or when as it seems) he signs, will everyone be happy with it?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elisha Scott on YNWA is a sreliable as anyone on the internet regarding Liverpool.

He's quality

http://www.ynwa.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=90895&st=0

March the 10th

Prepare for some hideous news regarding Chelsea's incoming for next season.

Ballack is done and for the first time they will have a world class forward in the team, although he tends to miss the odd penalty in the Champions League

The lad said "Carragher's cousin works at his school". You can either believe the lad or not. Now, we might very well sign Jermaine Defoe but I am not taking the lads word.

Wasn't just going off that mate (i think he was joking anyway wasn't he?), was also because of things i've been told from people who've told me shit in the past. Not sticking my neck out or anything but i've heard it from a couple of usually reliable people and all the previous rumours (rememebr the "he's signed" shit after the Villa game?) suggests something in it to me. Anyway, if you choose not to believe it fine, i'm not 100% myself with all the shite people spout at this time of year and i was really just after more of an opinion on him joining and what it would mean rather than a "my mate said......." thread.

Like i said, not overly keen but trust in Rafa i guess. I'd sooner have him over Bent or Bellamy too.

He's quality

http://www.ynwa.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=90895&st=0

March the 10th

Prepare for some hideous news regarding Chelsea's incoming for next season.

Ballack is done and for the first time they will have a world class forward in the team, although he tends to miss the odd penalty in the Champions League

What does that thread say mate? I can't see it.

defoe,pennant, bent, bellamy, none of these players are any better than what we've already got, none of them are worth 20 goals a season, yeah i know pennants not a striker, but you get my drift? how many times have you heard the line my cousins, aunties, uncles, brothers mate works with "£$*&s (insert players name as appropriate), cousin and he/she told me....? this is not meant as a go at anyone, besides the players above, but i'll wait till we actually see ink on paper.

Just what i've copied in. Ballack and Shev done and he told us on March 10th

Thats ages ago - he has got loads right and is reliable. I just don't get why we would keep Defoe secret. If we have signed him then it is a good signing.

Title is a bit misleading as they should be a few ????????? after it.

I thought Dave U had already stated we were interested in Defoe and Kuyt but our main target is Alves and Rafa wants to secure that signature before going for anyone else.

Title is a bit misleading as they should be a few ????????? after it.

I thought Dave U had already stated we were interested in Defoe and Kuyt but our main target is Alves and Rafa wants to secure that signature before going for anyone else.

Yeah it is, i'm sorry for that. Thought i'd put a question mark on it (serious). Still think he has though :tease:

Thats ages ago - he has got loads right and is reliable. I just don't get why we would keep Defoe secret. If we have signed him then it is a good signing.

Well you've slagged him off before stating he doesnt give enough "exclusives" as you call it, you arent going to get much bigger than that and unless Shevchenko does a Gerrard then he's been proven right again and is already right on Ballack.