You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Djibril Cisse

Guest mitchd

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell Cisse. I feel he'd have scored a lot of goals for Houllier, but he's just not made enough of an impact under Rafa. I feel Mori will be sold too. We will bring in a top striker who offers a consistent goal threat this summer.

Fowler will hopefully play his way into Rafa's plans as well. Crouch will definitely stay.

My opinion on strikers for next season is that we'll have Crouch, Fowler, New striker, and one of Pongolle/Mellor/Le Tallec to come back.

I see both Pongolle and Mellor coming back.

Not sure about le Tallec.

Agreed on Cisse and Moro.

We are improving rapidly and they are just not adding anything ot he team

I think Rafa knows this, and I don't see sentiments getting in the way.

Dirk Kuyt I reckon.

I am beginning to think it isn't going to happen for Cissé, which is a shame as he has everything.

But he hasn't, Kopite. Pace aside, what has he got? He has as poor a touch as I can ever remember having seen on a player of his stature. It's even worse than Heskey's.

He's the quickest player at the club, but is unable to get past a man with the ball at his feet. What he can do, is kick it down the line and outrun the defender to put a cross in.

His ball control is so poor it's unreal. I'll be surprised to see him here next season.

His ball control is so poor it's unreal. I'll be surprised to see him here next season.

That's harsh, his control isn't his strength but he can trap and shield a ball better than many. His will to win and and enthusiasm is certainly stronger than any of our current options bar Robbie.

I agree he has a will to win. His enthusiasm seems to work both ways (also negative), I reckon.

Cissé is strong so he can shield the ball, he doesn't fall over like Heskey. But his ball retention under pressure is still poor, which is one of the reasons Crouch was signed.

I still feel his ability on the ball is by far not good enough to survive in this team and I will be surprised if he is here next season.

That's harsh, his control isn't his strength but he can trap and shield a ball better than many. His will to win and and enthusiasm is certainly stronger than any of our current options bar Robbie.

Two extremes there.

I think Crouchy can fall into the enthusiastic and will-to-win category.

But let's face it - that was 14 mil down the carsey!

His touch isn't bad, it's just unpredictable. It can be very good at times - top class in fact - while at others it can be dire. But then the same can be said of his whole game. Sometimes his finishing is brilliant and clever, sometimes it's wild and wayward. Don't know how much better it'd be if he got a decent run in the side, but we're not likely to find out so it's a bit of a moot point.

His touch isn't bad, it's just unpredictable. It can be very good at times - top class in fact - while at others it can be dire. But then the same can be said of his whole game. Sometimes his finishing is brilliant and clever, sometimes it's wild and wayward. Don't know how much better it'd be if he got a decent run in the side, but we're not likely to find out so it's a bit of a moot point.

I don't think anyone is in a position to judge unless he is played up front for a run of 10 games. We have a poor goal scoring record this season, he is one of the few out and out scorers we have, it makes sense to give him a chance despite his limitations. Against Chelsea he looked lively when he came on and the defenders knew he was about and were scared of his pace, before that they coped comfortably with us.

I'd start him and Crouch against Charlton and have Robbie on the bench and see how we go.

Against Chelsea he looked lively when he came on and the defenders knew he was about and were scared of his pace, before that they coped comfortably with us.

That point was illustrated perfectly against Spurs.

In the first half they defended on the halfway line and were never under any real threat with Morientes and Crouch upfront as they new they had no chance of outrunning them. When Cisse came on the defence dropped right back and we had more time and room on the ball.

That point was illustrated perfectly against Spurs.

In the first half they defended on the halfway line and were never under any real threat with Morientes and Crouch upfront as they new they had no chance of outrunning them. When Cisse came on the defence dropped right back and we had more time and room on the ball.

Yep, and defending on the half way line against someone like Cisse would be suicide, there is no way any defender in the league could outrun him.

I don't think anyone is in a position to judge unless he is played up front for a run of 10 games.

Who are you to say that? You slag off players before they've even played a game for us.

Oh and for the record he had a run of 14 games last season before his injury, starting 12 and coming on as sub in the other two.

Hes not worth keeping. And no run n the side is going to change that. His touch and control are terrible. His finishing is poor and usually consists of hit as hard as you can. A lot of the time he doesnt make the runs down the channels when the ball is aplyed for him. Ive never seen much from him tbh. He isnt improving and his performance and lack of heart against Man U was just about the final straw for me. I dont think he will be a success here ever.

He'd of been gone in the summer if we could of got another in. He's NOT good enough. Fuck, Give him a run of 20 games he won't score 10 goals, he just dos'nt have any composure at all. 1 match he comes out with the Finish against Everton ( which apart from the one against Betis ) seems like the only chance he Knew what he was doing, rather then "Head down, and BANG"

He'd of been gone in the summer if we could of got another in. He's NOT good enough. Fuck, Give him a run of 20 games he won't score 10 goals, he just dos'nt have any composure at all. 1 match he comes out with the Finish against Everton ( which apart from the one against Betis ) seems like the only chance he Knew what he was doing, rather then "Head down, and BANG"

Those two games prove he DOES know how to finish, lord knows what we would have on here if certain other strikers had of scored similar goals.

The 'head down and bang' thing has been a little overdone in fairness. It's never hindered Shearer has it? But as you also say, this is down to composure.

I can honestly say that in all the time that Djibs has been here, I can only think of two moments - ironically the run against Blackburn that he got the injury from - and the finish against Everton where he has truly looked as talented as the pre-signing hype suggested he was. There have been other flashes, but nothing that Yukubu or Camara couldn't do.

The 'head down and bang' thing has been a little overdone in fairness. It's never hindered Shearer has it? But as you also say, this is down to composure.

I can honestly say that in all the time that Djibs has been here, I can only think of two moments - ironically the run against Blackburn that he got the injury from - and the finish against Everton where he has truly looked as talented as the pre-signing hype suggested he was. There have been other flashes, but nothing that Yukubu or Camara couldn't do.

Shearer would put it bottom corner all day

How the fuck can you compare cisse?

Shearer would put it bottom corner all day

How the fuck can you compare cisse?

Just in that Shearer's usual finish is to leather it as hard as he can. Because he has far more ability and composure than Cisse, it usually ends in the bottom corner. Travelling REALLY FUCKING FAST. That's how.

Just in that Shearer's usual finish is to leather it as hard as he can. Because he has far more ability and composure than Cisse, it usually ends in the bottom corner. Travelling REALLY FUCKING FAST. That's how.

far more ability

far more composure

far better getting on the end of crosses

far better at working hard for the team

far less pace

good comparison

far more ability

far more composure

far better getting on the end of crosses

far better at working hard for the team

far less pace

good comparison

I don't get why you're having a go. I agree with everything you're saying, and believe that the Shearer of 5 years ago is worth 100 Cisse's. All I was saying is that if done well (as Shearer does but Cisse doesn't) twatting the ball as hard as you can can be an effective weapon. Either you didn't read what I actually said or you are on the blob..

Kopite but sorry everything he deffo does not have his touch is shite and that is being polite. Pace in abundance yeah, he can score but I just dont think he is a Liverpool player. The worst of the lot for me is his attitude at time piss fucken poor although it has improved but to have it in the first place. I say sell him defo need a natural finisher who leave that one up to Raffa.

Guest Brian Stewart

Sell. I think we have to be ruthless - has he done a good job of scoring goals? I think we need far more from a £14m striker. What fee we'd get for him, I don't know, but I think we'd make a huge loss.

His pace can unsettle defences, but his scoring record outweighs that - and that is his prime role. I don't think he is a team player either - he wants to do too much himself, and spits his dummy out if a pass to him goes astray (despite the fact that many of HIS passes go astray).

I actually think he has a lot of ability, but, quite simply, it isn't working and I think we should get rid of him in the summer. (Unless he goes on a scoring spree over the next few months! - but I really can't see that happening.)