You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can anyone compete?!

Minty

Sky's resident knobhead Blueshite "financial expert" was trying to make out these figures weren't too bad last night.

This morning on the radio one of the investment bankers who helped put Abramovich into Chelsea was making it clear that they can't meet their break-even long term target until they increase their income substantiallly by building a far bigger stadium and fillling it every week.

The truth is they're hopelessly insolvent without Abramovich's support and that isn't going to change in the future.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I have a cousin but he's twenty years older than me, so he's more like my uncle. He's a life long Chelsea supporter, at least he was. I spoke to him recently and I asked him about the footy and how he felt, and he said that he didn't care for football anymore and that he thinks Chelsea have ruined the game. So, you're uncle is far from alone in his sentiments.

Sounds about the norm amongst a few Chelsea fans now, he's just pissed off with a lot of it. Dont get me wrong he likes being top of the League etc but matchday comes and its "Wow, we've won again", i'll text him and tell him they've just signed someone for 20odd mill and he's just like "Great, who is it we've been ripped off on this time?" He says he was supporting Liverpool more than Chelsea last weekend purely just so there could hopefully be a bit more of excitement in the League. He's always sort of dreamed about having to win a game on the last weekend of the season so his team can win the League yet at the moment its going to be won with about 6 weeks spare in probably a comfortable, boring 2-0 win or something.

Same here. I have a cousin but he's twenty years older than me, so he's more like my uncle. He's a life long Chelsea supporter, at least he was. I spoke to him recently and I asked him about the footy and how he felt, and he said that he didn't care for football anymore and that he thinks Chelsea have ruined the game. So, you're uncle is far from alone in his sentiments.

Sounds about the norm amongst a few Chelsea fans now, he's just pissed off with a lot of it. Dont get me wrong he likes being top of the League etc but matchday comes and its "Wow, we've won again", i'll text him and tell him they've just signed someone for 20odd mill and he's just like "Great, who is it we've been ripped off on this time?" He says he was supporting Liverpool more than Chelsea last weekend purely just so there could hopefully be a bit more of excitement in the League. He's always sort of dreamed about having to win a game on the last weekend of the season so his team can win the League yet at the moment its going to be won with about 6 weeks spare in probably a comfortable, boring 2-0 win or something.

To be fair though, everyone knows they are a freak show, everyone knows they have ruined football and they don't get the recognition they would normally get because of the way they are run. Which is a good thing, they are universally hated (not envied) which is the key thing going against them.

To be fair though, everyone knows they are a freak show, everyone knows they have ruined football and they don't get the recognition they would normally get because of the way they are run. Which is a good thing, they are universally hated (not envied) which is the key thing going against them.

Mmmm - isn't this for the financial year were we won the Champions league and knocked Chelsea out of that competition..........an odd title then

the prem of course is a different matter and the money allows them to give themselves a massive advantage in terms of strength of squad but as Madrid have ably demonstrated in Spain - money is not always the answer

does make you laugh though when they claim they did not win the league because of the money..........

they are no doubt trying to build up momentum - to scare everybody else - to have that air of invincibility that both we and united built up (though suprisingly never Arsenal?) - don't fall for it its still 11 against 11 on the pitch and whoever wants it most generally has the edge - just like their fans they'll be taking their eye off the ball soon enough - and both Rafa and Wenger are more able managers than Maureen

I do get the impression that they are in a rush - that everything has to be done yesterday - that they are actually terrified of competition - part of their financial plan I'm sure is based on success on the pitch - the latest rouse of buying players just so the opposition can't being a particularly unpleasant tactic - unless something dramatic happens in Russia they will be around to stink the place out for a long time but it'll just be all the sweeter when we keep beating them

Mmmm - isn't this for the financial year were we won the Champions league and knocked Chelsea out of that competition..........an odd title then

the prem of course is a different matter and the money allows them to give themselves a massive advantage in terms of strength of squad but as Madrid have ably demonstrated in Spain - money is not always the answer

does make you laugh though when they claim they did not win the league because of the money..........

they are no doubt trying to build up momentum - to scare everybody else - to have that air of invincibility that both we and united built up (though suprisingly never Arsenal?) - don't fall for it its still 11 against 11 on the pitch and whoever wants it most generally has the edge - just like their fans they'll be taking their eye off the ball soon enough - and both Rafa and Wenger are more able managers than Maureen

I do get the impression that they are in a rush - that everything has to be done yesterday - that they are actually terrified of competition - part of their financial plan I'm sure is based on success on the pitch - the latest rouse of buying players just so the opposition can't being a particularly unpleasant tactic - unless something dramatic happens in Russia they will be around to stink the place out for a long time but it'll just be all the sweeter when we keep beating them

I went through a brief stint where I used a cheat to give me unlimited funds on LMA manager on the playstation, and that got quite boring after a while.

I suppose having not been in that position i wouldn't know, but speaking as i stand now, i just can't imagine feeling like that. I'd be quite happy to see LFC forge a football empire the likes of which the world has never seen - for it to last for ever, and for us to never lose again.

I went through a brief stint where I used a cheat to give me unlimited funds on LMA manager on the playstation, and that got quite boring after a while.

I suppose having not been in that position i wouldn't know, but speaking as i stand now, i just can't imagine feeling like that. I'd be quite happy to see LFC forge a football empire the likes of which the world has never seen - for it to last for ever, and for us to never lose again.