You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven will be here for next 10 years - Benitez

Rashid

Its not his position to say that though Rash, can't you see that?

All the players want that, all the fans want that, the board want to provide it and the manager also wants it.....theres only one person throwing threats around though if it doesn't happen.

When I was 5 I said to me mum "Mum, if I don't get the millenium falcon and the death star destroyer for xmas, and my transformers aren't the biggest and best in the street, then I might have to reconsider my position in this family". Me mum showed me the door, I walked out, sulked up the road for an hour and came back for me tea....... Sometimes in life, a reality check is needed. Steven needs to realise fast what he has at Liverpool, he should be saying "I want to win everything possible at Liverpool and I believe we are going to do it, we have a good manager, he is building a good side and we are playing good football. We are not in the position to challenge just yet but I feel its not far away" If he said that, no problem, but the fact is, his opinions are damaging because as club captain, his attitude aint exactly confidence building is it?

Maybe he genuinely believes he could achieve more elsewhere? We are in this position because our last manager was not up to it... Rafa is picking up the pieces, with Stevie putting pressure on it will mean the board will feel pressure to give Rafa money and get in investment soon.

Parry said himself back in June that the club needed to look at investment and a new manager if it wanted to keep its best players (Gerrard and Owen). The club has acted, I doubt it would have acted like that if those players were happy with 4th and a cup every year. Thats just my opinion.

Maybe he genuinely believes he could achieve more elsewhere? We are in this position because our last manager was not up to it... Rafa is picking up the pieces, with Stevie putting pressure on it will mean the board will feel pressure to give Rafa money and get in investment soon.

Parry said himself back in June that the club needed to look at investment and a new manager if it wanted to keep its best players (Gerrard and Owen). The club has acted, I doubt it would have acted like that if those players were happy with 4th and a cup every year. Thats just my opinion.

I understand what you are saying but everyone associated with the club wants us to be back were we belong, they don't just want it because they might lose a couple of top players if we don't get there soon. Its about the whole club working together and doing their individual jobs for the cause.....nowhere in Stevens job spec does it say he should speak as he has, whether its to put pressure on the board or not, its damaging to the goal of the club.

As for those who don't want to discuss Gerrard anymore......don't read the threads then...... :thumbup:

I understand what you are saying but everyone associated with the club wants us to be back were we belong, they don't just want it because they might lose a couple of top players if we don't get there soon. Its about the whole club working together and doing their individual jobs for the cause.....nowhere in Stevens job spec does it say he should speak as he has, whether its to put pressure on the board or not, its damaging to the goal of the club.

As for those who don't want to discuss Gerrard anymore......don't read the threads then...... :thumbup:

You raise some great points, managers manage, boardrooms run the club and provide funds and players play football. Have to say from Gerrard's point of view only one of that trinity have delivered these past couple of years and thats Gerrard. We had a GH who wasn't up to it, we have David Moores great guy but not rich enough to bankroll a massive club like ours, and we have a board who gave GH £5M NET last summer and £0M to Rafa this summer.

Things needed to change and Steven is maybe sick of seeing Man United etc buying the bets players and always going for the big prizes. Whether he went about it the right way is debatable but his desire is not.

Whatever way you look at though, Stevie now has a great manager, the club will get Investment and the fans will get the team they desire. Lets hope it happens soon.

When I was 5 I said to me mum "Mum, if I don't get the millenium falcon and the death star destroyer for xmas, and my transformers aren't the biggest and best in the street, then I might have to reconsider my position in this family".

You really were eloquent for a five year-old, UTM. :whistle:

You raise some great points, managers manage, boardrooms run the club and provide funds and players play football. Have to say from Gerrard's point of view only one of that trinity have delivered these past couple of years and thats Gerrard. We had a GH who wasn't up to it, we have David Moores great guy but not rich enough to bankroll a massive club like ours, and we have a board who gave GH £5M NET last summer and £0M to Rafa this summer.

Things needed to change and Steven is maybe sick of seeing Man United etc buying the bets players and always going for the big prizes. Whether he went about it the right way is debatable but his desire is not.

Whatever way you look at though, Stevie now has a great manager, the club will get Investment and the fans will get the team they desire. Lets hope it happens soon.

Rash, you don't get it mate. Rafa has constantly been asked by the media about what he thinks of the state of the squad he's inherited, what he'll do in the transfer window etc. His answer? 'Im thinking only of the next game and the three points'.

He's not being honest is he? No - because he doesn't want to say anything that will de-stabilise the club. He wants to concentrate on football only - something Steven should be doing.

Rash, you don't get it mate. Rafa has constantly been asked by the media about what he thinks of the state of the squad he's inherited, what he'll do in the transfer window etc. His answer? 'Im thinking only of the next game and the three points'.

He's not being honest is he? No - because he doesn't want to say anything that will de-stabilise the club. He wants to concentrate on football only - something Steven should be doing.

Spot on Ian......sometimes in life honesty really isn't the best policy!