You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good Bands that went under the radar

Lee909

4 hours ago, SammyAftershave said:

Cracking Dutch live band. Saw them at both the Empire with Lynyrd Skynyrd supporting and at the Stadium maybe with Supercharge (?)

This lot do my head in to be honest. Constantly hear Radar Love and there's much better Dutch bands. The Outsiders for one from that era. 

Hard to make it as a Dutch band like. I could make a decent list just of them. 

The Ex have been going for 40 years now. The last album is fucking incredible. What a band they are. Yet nobody knows them. 

This radar needs fixing with all these fit women and bands it isn't detecting.

I felt the band,The Call,US band from the 80s went under the radar in the UK even if they were popular in the US. Stig's nomination of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club reminded me due to Robert Levon Been,being the son of The Call's lead singer,Michael Been,who was involved with BRMC until his death around 2000.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2019 at 01:03, Boss said:

Is that blood on you?

Yeah

from where?

From peoples faces!

Dig! is one of the best music documentaries I’ve ever seen. 

A great band, seen them quite a few times now. I missed out last time as my wife already had tickets to see U2. 

Id like to break a sitar over Bono’s head I can tell you.

3 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Dig! is one of the best music documentaries I’ve ever seen. 

A great band, seen them quite a few times now. I missed out last time as my wife already had tickets to see U2. 

Id like to break a sitar over Bono’s head I can tell you.

You seen BJM? Class live. Ridiculous amount of guitars on stage last time in Paradiso. Still with Joel rocking his sideys with a beanie on and shaking his tambourine up front obviously. Anton off to the side. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

You seen BJM? Class live. Ridiculous amount of guitars on stage last time in Paradiso. Still with Joel rocking his sideys with a beanie on and shaking his tambourine up front obviously. Anton off to the side. 

Yeah, absolutely awesome mate. Last time was at the Roundhouse, Joel still has it, the big mad shades, the lot.

Funnily enough I order a BJM t shirt recently, turned up earlier this week.