Quantcast
Premier League Round Up (Apr 6-8 2019) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Premier League Round Up (Apr 6-8 2019)

It was another limited week of Premier League fixtures due to some clubs farting around in some Mickey Mouse cup competition. 

Such was the lack of action that we were first on MOTD even though we played Friday night. Indeed, such was the lack of action that BBC gave Gary Lineker and all their regular pundits the night off and drafted in Gabby Logan, Alex Scott and Paul Ince.

Genuinely don’t know how Ince still gets any work you know. I mean, it’s ok to not be the brightest bulb in the box if you’re funny or a bit of a character (Paul Merson, Robbie Savage and Ian Wright immediately spring to mind), but Ince brings nothing to the table. And when he talks always seems like he’s terrified. Like a naughty kid in front of the headmaster. Still, at least he’s not Alan Shearer or Phil Neville, so that’s something.

Anyway, after the main course of us beating Southampton, it was pretty slim pickings and next up was Bournemouth losing at home to Burnley.

They took the lead when Ashley Barnes deflected the ball into his own net, but it was all downhill from there for Eddie Howe’s men.

Chris Wood equalised soon after when he took advantage of a howler from Begovic to head home. Westwood then side footed Burnley ahead and Barnes wrapped it up when he benefitted from another clanger by the hapless Begovic. 

Begovic was dropped a few weeks back and apparently Boruc was told he’d be number one for the rest of the reason. That was until Begovic went in to see Eddie Howe and kicked off, and was promptly reinstated. He’s been shite since he came back in though. 

Boruc should probably go knocking on Nice Guy Eddie’s door this week. Although he’s more likely to just kick the fucking thing in, the mad bastard. Putting Begovic back in was either a stroke of genius by Howe (proving he was right to drop him in the first place) or he's a bit of a jellyfish.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

11 hours ago, Code said:

There was talk about Kasper S leaving wasnt there?

When Ward signed it was being mooted as a possibility, but unless they promised him it was happening and he'd be number one he should have held off on signing. He could have been sat on our bench rather than theirs, as we'd have let Mignolet leave if Ward was still here.

I hope Leicester have given him a big pay rise otherwise what's the point?