You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bayern v Liverpool - 19:30 kick off

Arl arse

Klopp would have known that a very long time ago.

The simple answer is no one will take Sturridge and we're going to roll with Firmino, Solanke and Origi.

I am not saying you agree this is what should happen but my question on this issue then is why have Sturridge in first place then?

May as well get his wages off books and spend it paying towards wages of other players we need in squad.

Guest Pistonbroke

So we have won the bundesliga before the premier league. nice one. 

My neighbour is Bayern fan, and Bielefeld, Chelsea, Barcelona.......can't wait to see that cunt tomorrow. I'm guessing he won't have his Bayern top on. 

I am not saying you agree this is what should happen but my question on this issue then is why have Sturridge in first place then?

May as well get his wages off books and spend it paying towards wages of other players we need in squad.

How, if no one would take him?

Sure we could pay his contract up and splash out on a new striker but FSG are never going to sanction that.

Very pleased with that other than Studge's recurring misfortune. I didn't see Mané's goal live but the other two were great, one a particularly nice combination and the other a sign of what we miss with Studge (though again, a sign of what we're all two familiar with as well). Hopefully it's just a tweak and he's back in a weeks time but as other have said, given his history it's unlikely. Grujic disallowed goal was great as well, and Moreno was a threat all game. It's been said for a while but him converting to a full time winger might not be the worst idea for himself or the club as it's his defensive game that lets him down more often than not. Not sure how much Bayern have worked this pre-season but they looked absolutely fucked here. Still it's nice to beat a club of that stature and it's not as though either side only fielded kids and squad players. Not sure why the final is tomorrow, two games in 24 hours always scares me with our squad but I'm sure Klopp and the phyiso's will know how to approach it and in any case it's still only pre-season.

I think we need another striker more than we need another midfielder at this point, I understand the reasoning behind the pursuit of Keita but with that done for now I'm hoping we identify and pursue another option up front.

Guest Pistonbroke

Would love another Mane or Salah. Imagine that threesome.

In the naughty way, you sick bastard.

Stick Suarez in the middle of mane and Salah and we'd win the league, the CL and WW3. 

How, if no one would take him?

Sure we could pay his contract up and splash out on a new striker but FSG are never going to sanction that.

Well in that case they have to sanction a replacement whilst he is here then...either way we have to act, surely...?

I've been saying this for years but aRdja and FSG won't listen.

• Upvote 1

Well in that case they have to sanction a replacement whilst he is here then...either way we have to act, surely...?

I guess we've much more pressing concerns than a back up forward and rightfully so really.

Not that we're actually making much headway on replacing the shit players expected to start either.

Guest Pistonbroke

The boat race, the derby, the eurovision song contest and celebrity big brother

Shit Coat would be found dangling from a hotel shower rail. 

I guess we've much more pressing concerns than a back up forward and rightfully so really.

Not that we're actually making much headway on replacing the shit players expected to start either.

Its all a part of the same issue isn't it....if we don't add in central defence, midfield and arguably a striker we are gonna end up come when the games are coming 3 a week thick and fast with players shunted all over the park 'covering' and doing jobs...

It is a massive shame because we could be boss.

I'd argue our 1-11 are title challengers but our 12-20 is barely mid table and nowadays it is more than ever squad depth that wins things.

We have a thin squad and a squad riddled with injury prone players.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just a bit of fatigue and tension - Sturridge

Looked muscular to me, but it could be down to training hard and a bit of cramp more than anything. I know he didn't play long but he made a few quickish runs and it is humid as fuck over here, I had a sweat on walking the fucking dog earlier.