You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

I like him, think he’s doing well. He is an option in a few positions. People need to remember that he actively wanted to come here from a direct rival, which speaks volumes for the lad.

A Can, Gini and Ox midfield 3 would/is decent. Add Lallana to the mix and it really looks good.

Just sort out the defence and Keeper and we’re sorted lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

I like him, think he’s doing well. He is an option in a few positions. People need to remember that he actively wanted to come here from a direct rival, which speaks volumes for the lad.

A Can, Gini and Ox midfield 3 would/is decent. Add Lallana to the mix and it really looks good.

wtfit.gif

• Upvote 3

Sterling was not exactly home grown.. we broke a record for fees paid for non professional footballers to get him in! TAA is talented but I’m not sure he’s *more* talented than Ox as a footballer if I’m honest. Didn’t Carra say something along the lines of all full backs are failed wingers or centre halfs? Something like that

Also you mentioned “top teams”... the fact is two of the biggest teams in the world wanted him too in the summer in Chelsea and Arsenal. Arsenal wanted to make him one of the best paid players in the league (and the world) to make him stay.. Chelsea also offered better terms than we did reportedly. I think this might be a genuine case of “if his name was Alessandro Ox-Camberlinho, you’d be all over him”.

We can find another fella to make up the 18 - he has not been anything special - that is what is being said. He has been ok.

However he cost more than some fellas who have been special and damn near as much as the guy who is the player of the season league wide so I dont think he is meeting expectations - do you?

As for the top teams, both wanted him to play fullback (thasnks Carra)  - look at the players they have filling out their benches in the 17th and 18th spots. They did not cost 35m and they have the money to burn we do not.

He may come good - I hope so as we will not have 35m at our disposal due to this purchase.

We need him to perform much better than he has. He may have it in his locker, we will see.

We can find another fella to make up the 18 - he has not been anything special - that is what is being said. He has been ok.

However he cost more than some fellas who have been special and damn near as much as the guy who is the player of the season league wide so I dont think he is meeting expectations - do you?

As for the top teams, both wanted him to play fullback (thanks Carra)  - look at the players they have filling out their benches in the 17th and 18th spots. They did not cost 35m and they have the money to burn we do not.

He may come good - I hope so as we will not have 35m at our disposal due to this purchase.

We need him to perform much better than he has. He may have it in his locker, we will see.

He's not as bad as I'd feared, but nor is he so good that I'd feel sheepish for calling him bang average before he signed.

Meh.

Paying £35 million for him is the biggest problem. Not so much the price as its arguably the going rate-ish for English players,but the fact its what everybody will focus on. If we'd paid £10-15 million then nobody would have a problem,particularly me,but he's never been more than above average all of his career so far. The argument from the club could be about potential but at £35 million and years of PL experience its difficult to see how we could make a profit on him even if he improves as thats usually FSGs yardstick with transfer policy.

Add Keita to that midfield and it's decent, as it is it's average. In my opinion.

Yep - he is like a young Milner - useful as cover. He will be really useful once we see him get minutes as a fullback. Which I believe we will.

As said at 35m (actually forget about the fee)/ in our current set up - I expected him to be able to cement himself in the first 11. He hasn't. Mane did, Wiji did, Salah has as well all in the positions he should be in the mix for. He is behind Milner at CM FFS.

Gomez has in the position he is best suited for.

He was never a better winger than Valencia was (or Ashley Young tbh) and both have settled in at fullback.

He probably would be a pretty good fullback. If he has to play there because you've got players who are better than him technically in the midfield and on the wings, you're probably in really good shape.

But anyways, the fact that he doesn't really have a best position isn't a bad thing. I don't get this rhetoric that players should stick to one position and managers should never move them around. Versatility is a great attribute in a footballer. The best coaches like Guardiola and Klopp know this.

What are you on about you weirdo? Rating Ox as a good player anywhere else but on this forum, is the mainstream... not the counter-culture. Wenger offered to make him one of the best paid players in the world. Conte was practically begging for him to join them. I could’ve sworn you just pick the opposing side of any discussion I get myself involved in.

Calling you a wum is giving you the benifit of the doubt cause only a complete spastic would claim Oxo cube is better at dribbling than Mane and Salah.
  • Downvote 1

He is the new Milner fir the squad.

Can play wide ,CM and fullback.

And bang average just like Milner.

Meanwhile Salah, Coutinho, Mane and Firmino to a lesser extent carry the club. Whilst our 35m signing runs a bit in straight lines.

He's Wijnaldum without the goals.

And bang average just like Milner.

Meanwhile Salah, Coutinho, Mane and Firmino to a lesser extent carry the club. Whilst our 35m signing runs a bit in straight lines.

He's Wijnaldum without the goals.

Firmino carrying the club.. that’s a good one. We’re handicapped by having him as our main non scoring striker. Ox is a much better wide player than Firmino is a striker.